Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil causing smoke screen & other ???'s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil causing smoke screen & other ???'s
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I posted before about oil being squirted on my driver side header when ever I get into high boost. The suggestion came up to vent the valve cover by using a breather cap. I have the inlet of the sc connected to the valve cover opening (stock sc setup). Should't this hose suck and vent any case pressure that is created?

I need to have my car touched up. My front and rear facia need to be repainted. I'm also going to get new side squirts and a S351 hood and need those painted as well. How much should everything cost and where in the Sac area should I go to have this done?

Ray

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much oil is being spilled on the header?? how many miles are on the motor??

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like I found the problem. The crankcase pressure is pushing oil out of the dipstick handle area and spraying it towards the headers. All this time I couldn't find the problem. I've heard of the dipstick tube being pushed out of the case but not the dipstick itself coming out and spraying oil. Now to try and fix this.....any ideas? I was thinking about taking out the dipstick, connecting a hose to it and run the hose to the breather connection on the passenger side valve cover. How would I vent the case?

Oh the car has 89,000 miles on it.

Any ideas where to get the paint done?

Ray

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com