Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » spark plugs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: spark plugs
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are bosch spark plugs good because i was a kragen and they talked me into buying them.And i had another question why do i need to gap the spark plug differnt for NOS?Should i go back and exchange them for autolite?
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93mustangt:
Are bosch spark plugs good because i was a kragen and they talked me into buying them.And i had another question why do i need to gap the spark plug differnt for NOS?Should i go back and exchange them for autolite?

bosch platinum's rule I always use them and wish they had them for my 01 gt. They are 99.9 % pure platinum not just platinum tipped like some autolites and burn hot enough to be self cleaning. for nos you should actually get a special (colder) plug depending on the shot.

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to NOS and they said that i dont even need to go to a colder sparkplug because im not going to be running that much of a shot.They said i could go a colder plug but it wouldnt matter.But then other people are telling me to run a colder plug.
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok first of all the people at kragen are pretty much stupid.. go get your self some NGK TR-6 plugs those are recommended for nos application cuz of the colder heat range.

Second the reason for the closer gap is you need a hotter spark for the nos. you will be missing out on ALOT of power with the stock gap..the car will even run a little better with closer gap N/A..if you want to know more i can give you more info anout it all..just email me mipaz@pacbell.net

Michael I. Paz

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard bad stuff about using platinum plugs with power adders. Just return them and get some Autolite 23's and gap them in the low 30's.
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

thanks alot guys for the info

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com