Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Computer EEC questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Computer EEC questions
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if i were to chip my truck and something went wrong and i pulled my chip unplugged the battery is there a way to check the computer to see if it has been chiped? What i used a scanner to clear the codes any ideas??? i want to chip my truck but with so many L blowing up i just wanna watch my ass

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
I was wondering if i were to chip my truck and something went wrong and i pulled my chip unplugged the battery is there a way to check the computer to see if it has been chiped? What i used a scanner to clear the codes any ideas??? i want to chip my truck but with so many L blowing up i just wanna watch my ass

If there is a chip in there, you will get a memory check sum error. You have to break a sticker to install the chip, so the dealer can tell regardless if a chip has been in there or not..... unless you swap computers with one that has an unbroken sticker.

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could i apply some sort of glue to reatach the sticker?

--------------------
SR

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RiddlerGT,

There is no sticker on your computer. To install the chip you must remove the plastic cover to the connector and scrape the silicone off of the conector. A dealer could always look at the connector to see if the silicone has been removed.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff- Thanks for the correction. My 5.O ass is getting outdated!
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

jeff do they have the silicone to put back in???

--------------------
SR

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure they sell the silicon somewhere, but I doubt you could make it look like it did originally.
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Jeff do u have a chip on ur truck?

--------------------
SR

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate,

You have a PM

--------------------

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Yeah i have a pro-m...hit me up on Im Chevelle4l

--------------------
SR

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

LOL. When I said PM I meant "personal message"

--------------------

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry, nates a little slow sometimes.
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahha that was good LOL

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com