Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » S351 questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: S351 questions
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok got a couple of questions ??? A friend of mine just bought a 95 s351. It arrives next week. Question 1, will a Bassina X of a cobra fit on his car or do we need a special X for his car ??? Question 2, we cant find any kind of cold air intake for his car either. Now I have heard of a 351 supervictor intake but I don't know what that is. we would like to get these things on his car before the cruise on feb17.
Thanks

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm.... 95 S351 with 450+ hp???

Don't do anything! It's plenty fast, sounds great, & is worth more un-molested!

All he should add is gas, oil, and wax!

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot to tell you. Its not supercharged. it only has 375 hp. It has room for improvement. Everywhere we looked for specs on non supercharged 351 said that it did 14.3 in the 1/4, I can't believe that is right.

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did he buy the one one off ebay? There are plenty of other things to do besides cold air. You need to run the car either at the track or dyno so you get a baseline. Then I would buy some long tubes and a off road pipe. If he really wants to make some power, then just buy a VORETEC
Cold air kit don't do that much. A nice Griffen radiator and an electric fan are also nice. There is a guy on here with a 96S351. You should talk to him.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
ThePhantom
¯
Member # 252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePhantom  Ford pictures for ThePhantom  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Did he buy the one one off ebay? There are plenty of other things to do besides cold air. You need to run the car either at the track or dyno so you get a baseline. Then I would buy some long tubes and a off road pipe. If he really wants to make some power, then just buy a VORETEC
Cold air kit don't do that much. A nice Griffen radiator and an electric fan are also nice. There is a guy on here with a 96S351. You should talk to him.

Are you still coming by today? Give me a hollar.

--------------------
02 Slammed Lightning Show Truck
02 AccordV6EX-Daily Driver

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ThePhantom:

Are you still coming by today? Give me a hollar.

Yep,
I calle dyou, but no one answered. CAll ma at 408-674-9053.
Maybe around 8 pm or so.

--------------------

97cobra
¯
Member # 150

yeah, he Bought the white 95 off of ebay. Can he use any H off a cobra or does it have to be special to the 351.

--------------------

SVTJD
¯
Member # 553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTJD  Ford pictures for SVTJD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The H-pipe from a Cobra model probably will not fit the Saleen 351, contact Bassani direct for the correct part.

--------------------
Jeff
1998 Cobra

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

97 cobra.
I don't know much about those cars. Go to www.saleen.com
They have a tech talk section. Its free to sign up. I would assume a 94/95 5.0 off road H pipe will fit.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com