Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NOS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NOS
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to the people at NOS today and they said that a EFI kit would work on any EFI car is that true.There is this guy selling his kit and it is off a crx will this fit my car? thanks
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the kits come with the proper length of hose for the cars is what it is. and also the mounting stuff. so no it wont work unless you want it rigged which when using nos is not cool at all.

there are kits out there for you car. i would go buy a new one and not try to be cheap about it.. it will more then likely kill you in the long run is you dont.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is not true because not all EFI cars run at the same fuel pressures.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can rig it.. it's not that bad mike.. if the lines are good enough length.. all he would be "riggin" is the w.o.t switch... because one off of a honda probably wouldn't work.. just get a relay box.. and set the relay right... a standard dry kit for EFI will work w/ any EFI car.. dry kit is just 2 solenoids w/ some lines... easy stuff...

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one other thing... N.O.S sends new Fuel pumps (Usually) for whatever application you're using.. obviously the honda pump won't push your cars...

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with TORQUEPIMP, just get a kit that is made for your car. My N20 kit was NOT made for my car and I got to replace a few things that I broke before I got my system dialed in, TB, airbox, etc. ...lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

I agree w/ mipaz too.. but i'm saying, it'd work.. it'd just be rigged... that's like riggin up a blower... i'd go w/ a new kit.. or a kit which is made for your car

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by imbroken:
you can rig it.. it's not that bad mike.. if the lines are good enough length.. all he would be "riggin" is the w.o.t switch... because one off of a honda probably wouldn't work.. just get a relay box.. and set the relay right... a standard dry kit for EFI will work w/ any EFI car.. dry kit is just 2 solenoids w/ some lines... easy stuff...

That is not true Matt because not all cars run the same line pressure.

The crap might work but you would have to figure out how to jet it for your fuel pressure.

Say you get a lexus kit and those run at about 60ish line pressure.

well you have a 5 point slow so you run at about 35ish.

See my point??

Your fuel jet will be what 2X as big as the lexus jet.

Unless you have a blower car then you MIGHT see that kind of fuel pressure with an fmu etc.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

good point... but on most cars it will regulate it... but understandable that a honda w/ 10#'s of fuel pressure vs.. a 35psi mustang gt.. things may go south... buy a new kit or used which is FOR YOUR MODEL CAR.. end of story

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

StanggrlMichelle
Member # 725

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StanggrlMichelle  Ford pictures for StanggrlMichelle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
same thing happened to my brother like 4 weeks ago. figured that the kit would work he got it off one of his friends and it was for a different car. he said it hooked up ok but ran lean and blew the motor. i told him to get a real car with power now.

--------------------
I bet I can drive your fast car better then you can

01 Expedition 5.4L (Blown) Vortech V-2 SQ 7 psi
Custom Exhaust(ok so no mufflers)

65 Mustang Vert (Stock)

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

LOL, I just realized 93gt is my bro..

Michael.. get the new N.O.S kit from Brothers, I can get discounts through them

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much is the kit from them?I really didnt want to spend 500 bucks.When i can buy it use for about half that
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com