Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Throttle body cooling

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Throttle body cooling
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I installed my throttle body there was no water line hooked up to it, it was capped off about 6 inches from the tb both in front of and behind it. I'm not sure why it was like this, but should I be worried about this or take the time to re-tube it so that i can run water through the throttle body? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The water cools the air. When the EGR opens & lets in all that exhaust, the water serves to normalize the temps.

Plug it back in unless you've got your EGR blocked off.

Lots of people think they gain power by blocking off the 200 degree water, but it actually keeps the air cooler unless you've ditched the EGR system.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com