Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » recomendations on rock chips

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: recomendations on rock chips
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on my 01 Sallen the intercooler is in front of the car and I am getting hundreds of rocks embeaded into the intercooler and also getting tons of rock chips on my front facia. Any suggestions?
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For paint chips you can make them dissapear with a little care & some time.

Basically.... get Ford tuch-up paint.
Sand the rough edges of the chip w/600 grit sandpaper.
Clean thuroughly.
Use a tooth pick & start to fill the chip (not all at once) Let it dry for a few hours, then put another coat. Repeat until the paint is slightly raised over the rest of the car.
Use 1000 grit to level the paint, finish off with 1500 & 2000 respectively.
Polish area with a medium polish (swirl remover). Finish off with a fine polish. Wax the area.

I'm too tired to type this stuff again in detail....
Go to www.properautocare.com for more detail.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awsome 93pony, Thanks for the info. I just printed up the info and to the store I am going for the sand paper. I appreciate it.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com