Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SES blinking?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SES blinking?!
cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloud9gt  Ford pictures for cloud9gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got my timing adjuster put on about 2 days ago and I run with a 15 degrees at 91 octane(the highest octane in CA). I tried running it at 16 degrees but i was detonating so i put it down to 15. Ok...tonight I was on empty so filled up again on 91. I get on the freeway and gun it through every gear, next thing you know my SES light turned on and started to blink. It blinked for about 6-8 seconds then it went away?! Then after it went away I gun it again and it didnt come back on. When i got home i set my timing to 14 degrees. What can it be!?
Thanks!
Jason

Posts: 311 | From: The Stack, currently in the philippines | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you put your gas cap on when you filled up??? Alot of times people forget, and it can turn the light on. Check your cap first. Could be the seal around it also. If both lok ok, have the codes pulled by someone with a scan tool.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get is scanned soon, also I would reverse whatever mod you just did. Usually when an SES light is blinking tha means somehting major is wrong and needs to be fixed ASAP.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you make sure the T/A was torqued down properly? I think I read somewhere that If it isn't it can cause the symptoms you are referring to.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloud9gt  Ford pictures for cloud9gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this morning i just filled up another $10 of 91 from chevron and hoping it was just the gas and i turned my timing back down to about 13*. I checked the t/a if it was loose also but it wasnt. I tried listening to my engine but cant hear any odd noise, but i do hear this hissing sound from below my car...can it be a leak?!...would that cause the SES light to come on too? If its misfiring would there be another chance for the light to blink again or once it blinks once thats it? Im asking cause maybe it was just bad gas or cause i was on empty for awhile...so if it does it again i can bring it in for a scan...unless of course some1 has a scan tool and scan it for me...thanks alot guys!
Posts: 311 | From: The Stack, currently in the philippines | Registered: May 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com