Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5.0 intake ideas

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.0 intake ideas
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need an intake for my TT coug, but wanted to ask around before i went and spent the money. The motor is basically a 306, with slightly ported early 351W heads, and a small cam(204/214@050. Its turbo, and makes max boost real early, say arounf 2500-3000 rpm. What intake would YOU run??? I leaning more toward a Cartech box upper, with a ported truck lower. I dont think i really need a long runner intake, since boost kicks in early enough to take care of the torque issue, but what does everybody think? I was also thiknin about the Spyder intake, for the same reasons. Any ideas???

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spyder EFI victor Jr. converted.

That would be NICE

I always say I have all the low end torque I want in my blue bottle.

You have all the low end torque you want in the form of Turbos.

Let Sawson and all those 10 to one and under guys worry about intakes with "good low end torque"

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd just get the TFS street heat for the price:
http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?incatuid=121&fcmd=cat

Your heads probably flow 220ish cfm on the intake side. The TFS intake will make a nice match for it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com