Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » For sale 408w

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For sale 408w
SilverBullit
Member # 14790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverBullit  Ford pictures for SilverBullit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello All,

Selling my 408w built by Gromm Racing, San Jose, CA

Under 1k miles, was in my 69 coupe, never raced the engine, the car was driven around town and take to a Dyno session/tune at DeLeon performance. Oil was recently changed after 500 miles with driven oil 10w30 and wix filter.

Engine dyno/tune Gromm Racing: 522hp 6300rpm and 544tq 4100rpm (have the dyno sheet/video)

My mustang was Dyno'd & Tuned by Deleon Dyno Performance with final numbers: 460brwhp 6100rpm and 475brwtq at 4125 on 91 pump gas (this is with a TKO with 3:50 gears. I have video & sheet)

408w Long block details:

Stock OE 351w bored .40 over
Scat Forge Crank/rods
JE Pistons
Melling oil pump
DSS Girdle
Custom Grind Comp Hyd roller Camshaft 632 lift.
Morel Lifters and custom pushrods
CompCams 1.6 Ultra Pro Magnums
AFR 205 58cc heads
custom Timing pointer
Arp Hardware.
Compression is 10:8

Accessories (these parts are not new, they were used when I had my old 393 stroker)

750 Holley CFM Carb had an electric choke setup but it was removed, and have a new choke assembly to re-attach.
Ready to run Summit Dizzy (vacuum advance is locked out)
stealth Weind intake dual plane (The divider in the intake was removed to make it into a single plane intake for more power)
Canton 7qt Pan w/ dipstick
Black Ford Racing Valve Covers

The engine has the potential to hit 600hp plus with a better carb, high-rise airgap intake, and headers.

going in a different direction with my build. My loss, your gain

shoot me offers. not in a rush to sell.

[ 2022-07-05, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: SilverBullit ]

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check dm

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

SilverBullit
Member # 14790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverBullit  Ford pictures for SilverBullit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT
SilverBullit
Member # 14790

TTT

The engine is out of the car, asking 12k OBO, complete from carb to pan.

no belt drive or water pump included.

under 1k miles, have the documentation and engine and chassis video.

feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

[ 2022-07-05, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: SilverBullit ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com