Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 2002 GT Street/Track car fully built

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2002 GT Street/Track car fully built
ballisticxlr
¯
Member # 14804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ballisticxlr  Ford pictures for ballisticxlr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know what I have, I know what it's worth so while I might haggle a bit I'm not giving it away. It just got finished but of course the minute that happens I find that I'm getting divorced and so the car has to go to pay for my lawyer. Email ballisticxlr at gmail. I can show the car almost any time/day with 24hrs notice. Car is located in Sunnyvale, CA. No delivery but I'm happy to help you have it shipped to where ever you are. Shipping rates right now run 3500 bucks coast to coast.

This is a fully done up street/track car made to carve corners. It's got less than 2000 miles on the engine and transmission and just about 4000 miles on the rear end and suspension. It's barely broken in.

Black 2002 GT was the base car. It's a purpose built track car but could be smogged and registered by an intrepid soul and then it makes a pretty darned nice street car. It's got a fully built and well done up 4v motor and an independent rear suspension swap from an 03 Cobra.

The motor is a 98 Teksid block bored .020 over and given Diamond forged pistons and 03 Cobra rods with all ARP hardware and a forged crank. The heads are 04 cobra 9-thread heads with FR500 cams and upgraded valve springs. Underneath is a 7qt Canton racing oil pan with return bungs welded in in case you want to run boost (it's 10:1 compression so...). It's running an electric water pump which runs from a switch and relay and it has a relocated thermostat to make it easier to change. It takes 91 octane pump gas and makes 330hp/320tq to the rear wheels at 7200rpm. It's running aeromotive fuel rails and 24lbs injectors.

Behind the engine sits a stage 2 clutch and pressure plate with a firewall clutch adjuster which engages a TKO600 road race spec (.8 5th gear) transmission plugged into a 3.73:1 rear end. Yes, it lights the meats right up.

Inside are real Recaro racing fixed back seats and Crow 4pt harnesses with a very nice roll cage with harness bar and diagonal cross bar. It's got a handful of Autometer accessory gauges which are running on a switch. It's got a Tri-Ax short shifter and a Sparco steering wheel.

The suspension is completely done up too. It's got a Maximum Motorsports k-member with their A-Arms and their bilstein coil over conversion up front. MM subframe connectors bookend a Bassani catted X-pipe with a Bassani catback. The rear suspension has the Ford 03 cobra spec IRS swapped in and a Full Tilt Boogie Racing bushing kit all around along with Maximum Motorsports rear Bilstein coilovers. It's running 350# front springs and 250# rears which is a firm but comfortable ride on the street and plenty for the track.

It starts and runs and drives like a bat out of hell and it's reliable. The battery that's in it is tiny and is for track use only. As it is very small it has to be disconnected when you put this pony up or you could come out to a flat battery. If you want to use the car as an everyday driver you can use the battery relocation kit (there's parts for doing this included) to set up a trunk mounted full size battery. I have a bunch of spare parts included and odds and ends like an SCT handheld tuner and the steering column cover.

The wheels are 14-spoke aluminum wrapped in racing compound radials. Behind the wheels sit brembo 13" cobra brakes up front and 11" cobra brakes in the rear all with Carbo Tech xp red racing pads. They're not the most street friendly pad as there's some squealing when they're cold and it takes a second to get some heat into them. Once heated you'll chip your teeth if you're not careful.

The bad: The interior is something that matches a streetable track car. There's no headliner or rear seat or air bags or radio or AC and the shifter boot is off the shifter and sitting in the trunk. The instrument panel cover needs to be replaced. The cowl is missing and it uses hood pins instead of a hood latch (hood latches fail, hood pins don't).

I have the title in hand. Cash or cashiers check or paypal F&F or zelle will all work. No test drives without cash in hand and I drive until the deal is done. I have all the records for the car. It has Virginia tags good till this summer. It'll pass the sniffer but it's got a tune so you'll need to deal with smog if you want to register it. The tune that's on it is not much so you could just get a smog legal SCT tune on it for the smog and then switch back to the performance tune that's on it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com