Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1998 Saleen S281, Bright Atlantic Blue, 1 of 5, Rare! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1998 Saleen S281, Bright Atlantic Blue, 1 of 5, Rare!
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Napastang88  Ford pictures for Napastang88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just testing the waters on selling my 1998 Saleen in Bright Atlantic Blue. The car is 1 of 5 built. Only 9 total saleens in this color had been produced for 1998, including convertibles and Saleen/Cobras. This car does have some drivers side damage and does have high mileage. Car runs great and sounds great. Trying to see what kind of interested I receive on it. Build it the way you want. Going to ask in the low teens for it. Will know soon if 100% for sale. Please PM me your info and I will give you a call. Thanks

[ 2019-12-13, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Napastang88 ]

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe you should wait till your 100 percent sure it’s for sale then.
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Napastang88  Ford pictures for Napastang88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its for sale. If anyone is interested pm me your info. Thanks
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Does anyone have a 1968, 1969 or 70 charger project or whatever they may be interested in working a deal out on? I am also interested in a mustang fastbacks and big block cars as well. If you have something else let me know. Thanks

[ 2019-12-16, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Napastang88 ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It might help to post pictures or a link to the car showing what it looks like along with an asking price...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

-
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

-
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

-
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

-

-

-

Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Asking $14.9k. Please keep negative comments to your selves. This is the only 1998 Bright Atlantic Blue Saleen that is for sale and has been for sale for a long time. The car has been confirmed by Saleen to be what it is. If you are serious, PM me your number. Would like to find it a good local home if possible. Thanks
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5k?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Umm that is some serious body damage!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you musta really pissed off your old lady to have her key it up with a chainsaw
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unbelievable
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"SOME DAMAGE" Dude sorry but just delete your ad. Your opinion of the value of your car is just disgusting. LMAO in perfect condition with low mileage it wouldn't be worth what your asking. If you did an insurance claim on your car it would be salvaged! and then your insurance would give you probably 5K at most
Built4Speed
¯
Member # 13873

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built4Speed  Ford pictures for Built4Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
Umm that is some serious body damage!

Pretty sure with the right pad it'll buff right out.

14.9k for a car that needs an entire driver's side, high mileage, Non supercharged that has a "rare color" who's paint is 20 years old. Am i missing something that makes it 14.9k? Is there gold stashed in the crack of the door.

--------------------
Built 4 Speed...Built 4 Cheap

Posts: 230 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

You don't like the car, that's fine. But talking shit and telling me its a 5k car before damage and to delete my add is BS. Everyone seems to be an expert when it comes with other peoples stuff. I put a starting price. Don't like it, cant afford it, then move on. And yes, Bright Atlantic Blue does bring a premium for this year.
Built4Speed
¯
Member # 13873

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built4Speed  Ford pictures for Built4Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Napastang88:
You don't like the car, that's fine. But talking shit and telling me its a 5k car before damage and to delete my add is BS. Everyone seems to be an expert when it comes with other peoples stuff. I put a starting price. Don't like it, cant afford it, then move on. And yes, Bright Atlantic Blue does bring a premium for this year.

A premium? Dude you're asking for 3x what a 98 GT goes for on a car that will need to be repainted after replacing the door and rear quarter panel. That SALEEN name doesn't carry that much weight.

[ 2019-12-20, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Built4Speed ]

--------------------
Built 4 Speed...Built 4 Cheap

Posts: 230 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It’s a nice Saleen bud no doubt color combo is rare but with that damage I really don’t see you getting close to that asking price at all good luck with the sale tho!!!!
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unreal
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How did that damage happen?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

A piece of the garbage truck that sticks out caught the side and cut it open.
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Fiftwyz - Thank you. Its a cool car. If someone is looking for nice project to fix and wants something no one around has, then this is the car. Sucks about the body work but it is what it is. Hard to price a car like this, but if someone was serious they would make an offer. Don't want to sell but trying to buy a 66 gt 350 and would like the room. We will see what happens
blackfeather
¯
Member # 10109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfeather  Ford pictures for blackfeather    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to be fair. I wouldn't pay $14,000 for a car that has quarter panel damage. Was the car salvaged?yes they are rare but like the other poster said saleen doesn't really hold their weight for the most part they're just body kit and a paint job on a gt. I'd rather get a bright Atlantic blue cobra. Seeing them for ten to twelve thousand. Sweet car though. I seriously doubt anyone's going to trade a b-body for that I'm just being honest I've built 1 69 Coronet, 68 and a 69 charger. As it sits I see you maybe getting six to seven thousand for it.
Napastang88
¯
Member # 2589

Its a clean title car. If someone was serious they would make an offer. Car actually may already be sold. Will find out in next couple days

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com