Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » WTB, 82-85 stock dual snorkel air cleaner for carb

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB, 82-85 stock dual snorkel air cleaner for carb
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to find a cheap dual snorkel air cleaner (the ones that came stock on the 82-85 5.0s). i dont need the filter, just the cover and I'm not too worried about condition, as long as it is functioning I'll clean it up and paint it and i dont need the ducting to run to the fenderwells either. the cheaper, the better.....

Thanks!

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

Posts: 287 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have one in perfect shape but they are actually getting rare...what do you consider cheap?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farrell  Ford pictures for Farrell    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the reply, probably less than you'd want to take for one in near perfect condition. im not convinced I'll see an improvement over the open element K&N that i am running now, so not looking to spend much. Was hoping to find one that needed some rust cleaned off of it and a good paint job or something that someone took off in order to throw another air filter on. Was thinking of going to buy two single snorkel covers from pick and pull, take out the welder and make one myself but thought id see what the folks here had before running down there.

--------------------
Learn as if you'll live forever, live as it you're going to die tomorrow - Ghandi

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are gonna hack it up anyway I say just get you an aftermarket one. They are cheap.

There are a few on ebay right now in less than perfect condition for like 150-185 and they are TRIPPIN in my opinion.

Good luck.

You can use one off of an early LSC as well.

Dan

--------------------

Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

thanks Dan. Damn, had no idea they went for that much. i guess if you want everything original...but still....

Yeah, i have like 4 filter covers at home, but they are all edlebrock or moroso open air units. Wish i'd saved the damn stock ones over the years...

[ September 07, 2011, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Farrell ]

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have one that came off of an 85 GT w/51k Miles. It is in DAMN NICE Shape

$99.00

408-420-3003

-

Posts: 22468 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

damn, that is in great shape, I'm unfortunatley looking for one that is in pretty bad shape and not worth much that i can put some elbow grease into making look decent. thanks though. I'm just being cheap right now... [Frown]

[ September 07, 2011, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Farrell ]

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
Have one that came off of an 85 GT w/51k Miles. It is in DAMN NICE Shape

$99.00

408-420-3003

-

youd be a fool not to buy this!!

The extensions go for $35 a piece on ebay!

Dan

--------------------

Farrell
¯
Member # 10801

they are more than what i was thinking, going to have to hold off on getting one for now. Thanks for the replies guys, sorry to have wasted your time.

[ September 07, 2011, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Farrell ]

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have this one for $60.00

-

Posts: 22468 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com