Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » **FS GREAT CONDITION TREMEC 3550 5SPD TRANS**PICS** (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: **FS GREAT CONDITION TREMEC 3550 5SPD TRANS**PICS**
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Low miles,very clean,comes with tremec shifter and 302/351 bellhousing!! $1000 [patriot] lmk fellas great deal! Trans shifts solid! 916-534-6375

[ May 27, 2011, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Up [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Pics up soon..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

-  -  -  -

[ May 27, 2011, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ttt [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Up

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like it has been upgraded to a 26 spline input shaft so it should hold some solid power.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the deal on this trans? I have a customer interested.

Why the removal?
What do you know about the 26 spline on it?
Willing to meet at the tranny shop I use for inspection if full asking price is guaranteed?

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much tougher are these trannys than t5's? i dont know much about them.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sydewayzLX50:

if it's in good condition, they will hold up quite a bit...I think streakmatt has an upgraded 3550 in his and his car has seen a ton of passes and hard launches

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

My buddies JPH331's blown 351 used to break them regularly I think 606 at the wheels? and he hated the trans cuz it was notchy but I heard they improved and the 26 spline his wasnt.

Dan

--------------------

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the 26 spline they can hold over 500hp. With my old 347 I twisted a 10 spline up like a pretzel on a 4 to 3 down shift on the freeway. Trans ended up fine, but input shaft looked crazy!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

My buddies JPH331's blown 351 used to break them regularly I think 606 at the wheels? and he hated the trans cuz it was notchy but I heard they improved and the 26 spline his wasnt.

Dan

the trans big matt got from jp?
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
quote:

Dan

the trans big matt got from jp?
Yup

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it had a 26 spline when i had it
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Well,ill be honest..my uncle and I bought the trans in LA for his 347 notch..they told us it was upgraded to a 26 spline input shaft and they took it out of a running/driving car..they gave us a 30 day warranty on the trans but we waited on it and ended up going with a t56(don't think warranty is still available but this trans shouldn't need one!)..TURBO50,we would be VERY willing to take it to your trans shop for your customer to have it checked out no problem at all! We are very confident that this trans is solid top to bottom,no worries at all..the cats we bought the trans from were very solid guys and had a little mustang shop of there own.. And not any part of the transaction was wiery or had us feeling cold feet..WE don't buy junk and def don't sell it..lmk fellas..great deal!

[ May 28, 2011, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Well,ill be honest..my uncle and I bought the trans in LA for his 347 notch..they told us it was upgraded to a 26 spline input shaft and they took it out of a running/driving car..they gave us a 30 day warranty on the trans but we waited on it and ended up going with a t56(don't think warranty is still available but this trans shouldn't need one!)..TURBO50,we would be VERY willing to take it to your trans shop for your customer to have it checked out no problem at all! We are very confident that this trans is solid top to bottom,no worries at all..the cats we bought the trans from were very solid guys and had a little mustang shop of there own.. And not any part of the transaction was wiery or had us feeling cold feet..WE don't buy junk and def don't sell it..lmk fellas..great deal!

Great my guy may be contacting you out of the 510. No promises because he is talking with Gerald about building a g force but you never know.

Dan

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Great my guy may be contacting you out of the 510. No promises because he is talking with Gerald about building a g force but you never know.

Dan

not to rob the thread but who is Gerald and is he a local T-5 builder? I used to use modern drivel line but hes in Idaho now so when I go to Get a g-force T-5 Id like to use someone local. thanks
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
quote:

Dan

not to rob the thread but who is Gerald and is he a local T-5 builder? I used to use modern drivel line but hes in Idaho now so when I go to Get a g-force T-5 Id like to use someone local. thanks
Modern driveline is the only place I used to deal with.

Now its 68Stanger aka Gerald.

Take a look on general chat

And Brandon, no thread Rob intended! Great deal on this!!

TTT

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Lol no thread jacking at all fellas! Do what u do! Its just another bump for this trans lol..to anyone else with a trans guy,I am very willing to work with u on this tremec just so the transaction goes smooth and there's no toes stepped on..I'm not tryin to be the most hated guy on this board by selling a 1000 dollar broke ass trans,and if u don't have a trans guy or shop to look at it,I'm very sure some sort of warranty on your cash can be worked out as long as all the proper steps are takin when the trans is installed [patriot] just about a month ago we had a guy from the board (no name needs to be mentioned for he probably feels dumb anyway lol) purchase a CHERRY t5 from the same white notch I built with a 347/t56 and he never put fliud in it before he drove it and tried to come back with txt/phone calls sayin he was gonna come "ride" on us with his "posse"(not a good idea btw lol,we don't play those punk ass games) and that the trans was bad from the start..well my uncle is very patient and with correct word placment and some tricks up his sleeve he had the guy admit ViA txt that he didn't put trans fluid in it and drove it down the street lol [Roll Eyes] and now the 2nd gear went out and he's out $300 cause he didn't pay attention..so bottom line is I want a solid transaction with this trans and am willing to do everything on our part to make sure the buyer has a solid tremec in there mustang and that's that.period. Thanks for the lead Turbo50 your a good ass cat brotha [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ May 28, 2011, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ttt [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Up
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

ttt

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

ttt

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Goin up

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com