Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » tf tw's ported and ported rpm air gap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: tf tw's ported and ported rpm air gap
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trickflow tws smog legal with comp cams rr's and double springs. ported to match felpro 1250 gasket (took almost .250 off on the top of the runners) and some bowl work done. 64cc heads, 600 lift 1100 for everything

carbed 351w rpm airgap 1500-6500 intake portmatched to 1250 gasket and surfaced to mate PERFECTLY with the heads on a 351w block. over 4 hrs in machine work on the intake. 250 takes it

only taking trades for vic heads and single plane intake 3000-7000 rpm range

[ December 02, 2006, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

ttt
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

ttt
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got flow numbers and pics of the heads?

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
got flow numbers and pics of the heads?

an who did the port work?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

i havent had them tested, they were ported at the shop where i work, nick rescino's performance engines. been in business/racing sprint cars for 40 years. theyre almost clean enough for pics, just need to drag the camera down
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00005834/CIMG0235.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00005834/CIMG0238.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00005834/CIMG0239.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00005834/CIMG0240.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00005834/CIMG0241.JPG

there is still some remnant gasket material i havent completely cleaned off. i put them up dirty cause everyone wanted pics. you can see all the work done to them in the pics and the fact that they havent been run.

[ December 05, 2006, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

ttt
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

everyone cries for pics, i post them, and nothing. thanks.
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:
everyone cries for pics, i post them, and nothing. thanks.

still waiting for flow numbers. [patriot]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

i dont have numbers after the porting, and wont, because i dont want to invest 200 dollars in getting some numbers to sell the heads. i can get them tested for you if you want, but ill need the money in advance and ill add the cost of the testing to the price of the heads. they are the smog legal twisted wedge heads. estimated 10-15cfm better than what trick flow lists on account of the porting. numbers arent king when it comes to heads, they are only an indicator. there are other aspects that come into play. these heads are a good chunk better than they come in the box. they made 450whp at 8 psi with a cobra intake and tfs stg1 cam BEFORE they were ported. these arent edelbrock performers, theyre a good set of heads for any 302 based engine. the only reason im letting them go is because i dont have a 302 engine, i have a 408 now.

[ December 06, 2006, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

numbers for ported tf's from trickflows site

Ported 185cc Twisted Wedge/Track Heat Airflow Chart
Lift Value
0.100"
72 58
0.200"
142 112
0.300"
216 150
0.400"
258 192
0.500"
287 220
0.600"
301 231

[ December 07, 2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

ttt
SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great work on the runners [patriot] I also liked the bowl work, They do good work IMO

TTT for a nice set of heads

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i havent had them tested, they were ported at the shop where i work, nick rescino's performance engines. been in business/racing sprint cars for 40 years. theyre almost clean enough for pics, just need to drag the camera down

Rescino's doesn't have a flow bench?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

pressure test yes, flowbench no. theyre more engine building oriented than headwork-specific stuff. between the surfacing equipment, ck10 hone, line hone, sand blaster, mill, lathe, deck cutter, welder, assembly area, stripping area, wash tanks, head assembly/porting area, theres not much room left [Wink]
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
pressure test yes, flowbench no. theyre more engine building oriented than headwork-specific stuff. between the surfacing equipment, ck10 hone, line hone, sand blaster, mill, lathe, deck cutter, welder, assembly area, stripping area, wash tanks, head assembly/porting area, theres not much room left [Wink]

ahh, they aint that big [Razz] just thought after 40 years in the business they might be doing some r&d on their porting [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
90 Notch

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

thatd be nice, but there is so much going on and not enough people to tackle r&d projects like that. that and spending 100k on a dyno kinda hurts the financial dept a little [burnout]

and actually ya, i just ran those machines off the top of my head. i left out the balance room, the dyno lift, supporting lift to that, 3 other lifts, and the sprint car area, and the assembly room for the employee/race car projects

[ December 10, 2006, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

They have a dyno now? nice
You left out the serdi [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

They have a dyno now? nice
You left out the serdi [Big Grin]
I'll shut up on your post now [dance]

--------------------
90 Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com