Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Altamont Cruise! **August 16th** (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Altamont Cruise! **August 16th**
95Stangman
¯
Member # 6020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95Stangman  Ford pictures for 95Stangman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heres a few quick snap shots from today nothin special. had a great time today. thanks rick
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
03 Mach 1 (sold)
98 Cobra vert (sold)
95 GT (sold)

Posts: 212 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306notchback510  Ford pictures for 306notchback510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats just a BEAUTIFUL sight to see [Big Grin] Thanks Brad!
Who's got pic's of are run in with CHP. lol
Also thanks again Rick for this event !! [worship]

Posts: 420 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
95Stangman
¯
Member # 6020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95Stangman  Ford pictures for 95Stangman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea the ones i took with the chp in the parking lot were no good all u could see were the lights on the top of the cop cars. hopefully someones got better ones

--------------------
03 Mach 1 (sold)
98 Cobra vert (sold)
95 GT (sold)

Wings65288
¯
Member # 5901

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Wings65288  Ford pictures for Wings65288  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool thanks again brad for postin those up. wish you coulda made it to porter steak house in cotati. nice mach dude, love the wheels.

and a BIG thanks to Rick for an AWESOME cruise and saving our asses with the CHP... i really appreciate you leading us and making sure everything went safe also, thats the biggest thing.

--------------------
2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra 1/4: 11.90 @ 117.22

Posts: 140 | From: Santa Rosa, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn nice pics wish I hadn't had work. What happend with the CHP?
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306notchback510  Ford pictures for 306notchback510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well we coming back from the drive and just about to pull in into safway parking lot when CHP got in front of us and stopped in the middle of the road / got out of his car and said "pull over now ! and if you run you done!!!!! " so we all pulled into the parking lot and he call 3 other CHP for back up. So he first talk to Rick ( which in the long run he saved are ass !! THANK YOU ) and said there as been tons of calls of loud cars racing around the county. Then CHP started to right down are plate #'s and started to make people pop there hoods. They did a quick look under the hoods of a couple of cars and then let all of us go. That was a very close call but lots of fun [Big Grin]
Wings65288
¯
Member # 5901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wings65288  Ford pictures for Wings65288  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah thank god there were no tickets handed out... that was a pretty damn awesome cruise, whoever didn't go you missed out!

--------------------

95Stangman
¯
Member # 6020

Hopefully we can do it again next year. No prob on the pics wish I coulda takin more but it's hard to drive and take pictures at the same time

--------------------
03 Mach 1 (sold)
98 Cobra vert (sold)
95 GT (sold)

aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got seperated early. I thought we were going down 580 to Coral hollow but I guess everyone went a different way. Anyhow I got to Coral hollow before everyone so just kept going. Coming into livermore there were a few chp cruisers sitting on the side of the road. Could be a coincidence, but I wonder if posting up the route here beforehand tipped them off to when and where we were?

Anyways, I had fun with you guys while I was there. As always a lot of really nice mustangs. Kudos to the guy who had the extra pulley belt for the cobra that ate theirs and for the guy who had the huge tool set. It was also nice of the guy from rohnert park to help him put the belt on. ( sorry I talked to you but never got your name)

Rick-good to see you again. Thanks for putting this all together. I know everyone appreciates it and enjoys it. We should do one more before the weather turns bad.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wings65288
¯
Member # 5901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wings65288  Ford pictures for Wings65288  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yeah that was my belt, he tore that one too! poor guy... he found the problem though so it's all good. just glad he's gettin it fixed. nice viper btw... i'd love to have one someday, that same color scheme.

--------------------

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Rick for putting this cruise together and saving us from the cops. Had lots of fun and can't wait for the next one.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wings65288:
oh yeah that was my belt, he tore that one too! poor guy... he found the problem though so it's all good. just glad he's gettin it fixed. nice viper btw... i'd love to have one someday, that same color scheme.

I can't believe you had the forthought to have a belt. Were his pulleys mis aligned or was the tensioner not working right?

Thanks for the compliment. Prices on viper have really come down-so it might be a lot sooner than you think.

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rick, as always another awesome twisty cruise! Thanks for waiting up for me and my buddy and for saving our cars from being towed by the the Chp. That was close! Nice meeting everyone! [patriot]

--------------------
04 Cobra

Wings65288
¯
Member # 5901

yeah i always watch the viper prices... they've come down tremendously... but so has everything. i always carry an extra belt just in case. he said one of the pulleys had a crack in the middle i think so it was shredding the belt. i thought something was mis-aligned too
quote:
Originally posted by aslowdodge:
quote:
Originally posted by Wings65288:

I can't believe you had the forthought to have a belt. Were his pulleys mis aligned or was the tensioner not working right?

Thanks for the compliment. Prices on viper have really come down-so it might be a lot sooner than you think.

--------------------

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good morning all! And it is a good morning. We all have our health...and cars(lol).

Anyways, it was my pleasure to put this together, had a great time doin' it, and it was great to see some of you all again as well as some new faces.

Thanx to all of you for followin' along and goin' with the program. I know we had alotta dudes(and a few ladies)from clubs around the area and there was no drama whatsoever...and no side show crap,etc. And when the CHP was questioning me, everyone kept their cool, and that my friends is what saved us right there. At the end of the day those officers were cool, they coulda been "jerks" about everything and they weren't, so if any of them happen to be reading this I give you a "thanx" on behalf of all of us [patriot] .

Great crusie, great fun! Great teamwork out there. As mentioned, dude threw a belt, and someone had an extra one that just happened to be close to size needed. Bam! Then we needed a overzie 1/2" socket which, thankfully, another person had in his big a** tool box he had in his trunk. Who says mustang enthusisasts aren't resourceful? That coulda been a major buzzkill situation but we got through it...awesome! It was fantastic to see all those Cobras out there(sorry, I'm a little biased [Razz] )...as well as all the other Stangs. It was also nice to cya, Kev, reppin' that Viper, too. That thing sounds bada** as ever...sorry we lost ya bro. Maybe if ya had enough hp you coulda kept up [Razz] It just seems to me that the each year, the mustangs get nicer and nicer at our gtg's. People are really takin' care of them and makin' 'em look tight. I didn't see one "bad" stang there. I think we had 27 cars + Kev's Viper. [patriot]

Everyone, I had blast. Thanx for makin' it a great cruise. By far the best Altamont gallop yet. Even with the CHP situation at the very end it was still way up there on the cool scale. I was very impressed at everyone's attention to safety while "cruisin" abit. With all of those twisties, small roads, and hairpin turns, we didn't have any, not one single incident involving driving "stupidity" [Whoo Whooooo!] . We'll certainly have to do another one sometime...certainly "Altamont 4" will have to be planned for next summer. POST PICS!!!...I know there's gotta be tons of 'em!

Rick

[ August 17, 2008, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
JockCobra
¯
Member # 8383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JockCobra  Ford pictures for JockCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Tony (Hyperider) for driving me around in that insane cobra of yours [worship] . Man they're was alot of sweet looking cars there. Special thanks goes out to Rick for such an amazing cruise and for finding his SUPERMAN CAPE at the last second [patriot] . It was also nice to meet all that came out. PS: RICK, you can go "F" yourself if you think your gonna see PICS of this cruise lol. Anyone that took that chance was risking there life (4-REAL) [Eek!] . This cruise was that INSANE [burnout] ! THANKS AGAIN RICK [worship] [worship] [worship]

[ August 17, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: JockCobra ]

--------------------
DSG 03 COBRA

Posts: 33 | From: San Francisco | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like everyone else said, THANK YOU VERY MUCH RICK! I had a blast! The route was great and really let me get a feel for what my car can/can't handle...I realized how slow my car is compared to all the 03+ Cobras, but the Saleen actually handled better than I expected. I think I'm gonna need to hit up Nextgen pretty soon [Wink]

I was able to take a few shots throughout the cruise...sorry they're pretty shitty, but here they are...

Also, it'll be great if someone could setup a cruise before the summer ends...maybe on the other side of the bay, like Highway 9/84/35/1??? Just a thought [patriot]

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ August 17, 2008, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: S281 #314.... AKA SydeWayzSix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

306notchback510
¯
Member # 6204

Nice pictures !!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting them [Big Grin]
notchbackfiddy
¯
Member # 8504

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notchbackfiddy  Ford pictures for notchbackfiddy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice!! looks like a good amount of people too! i'll catch the next one hopefull

--------------------
89 Mustang Coupe

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what actually happened with the cops? why where they there 4?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 302 DROP:
what actually happened with the cops? why where they there 4?

I'm not sure if they were waiting for us or if they followed us to our final destintion, but they came because there were supposedly multiple 911 calls about us running people off the road and driving too fast. In the officer's words, we were supposedly "driving like jack asses." [Roll Eyes] They were actually cool about things though...let us go without any tickets [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com