Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Monthly Meetings (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Monthly Meetings
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, we need everyone's suggestion for good places for monthly meetings. Remember, the restruant must be able to handle large groups, good food, cheap, and easy to get to. Ok, ideas are like Round Tables, things like that. Shoot some ideas..

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, whenever wherever i'll be down. If you guys ever decide to bring it to San Jose one month/week you could have it at the Round Table right behind Eastridge Mall. It shares a parking lot with the Bank of America and is very big. At least 60-70 cars would fit. At night the bank doesn't get that much activity, so it would be plenty of room. I also think Thursday's would be best for a majority of the people. Any help needed I would gladly give. Thanks.

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't kow about you MR. Stallion, but I'm not to eager to take my nice car to Eastridge mall. I value my life!
Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't Eastridge mall ran buy a bunch of Rice Rockets?
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it should be away from a lot of public. Because we don't need a lot of attention and people be gettin tickets an all. I think it should be right off of a major freeway that way all the out of towners can find it easily. Just my 2cents.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:
I don't kow about you MR. Stallion, but I'm not to eager to take my nice car to Eastridge mall. I value my life!

Value your life you sweare you are goin to a war zone there is nothing bad there i mean hey i you are goin to come all dressed like a cholo well yea shit might happen but iam sure were all adult's here and are not goin to be doing any thing stupid

iam down to meet some where

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Yeah I know we arent goiing to be doing anything stupid but I know most people get a little intimidated when they see a lot of mustangs in one place. I am not trying to offend anyone here. I am an old fogey my self.
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry 99gt-UJSTLST I thought I said somthing wrong. You were dircting your rosponse to somone else. I feel stupid. Sorry dude.
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What time do you guys plan on meeting....

Some sort of pizza spot would be great...

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was think around 7-7:30. I dont not know everyones work hours we need more input, but If most of us have 8-5 jobs then that would be cool. Are we going to use this as the main post cuz we have the same thing in the general area as well and I dont want to be jumping back from one to another.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Uh maybe YOU had a bad experience at Eastridge, but where I was talking about isn't Eastridge parking lot.....It's across the street. It isn't hard to find. I would say the new In-n-Out on Capitol, but the cops around here have cracked down on us and usually hangout there before telling everyone to get lost. It was just a suggestion, and everyone from that area knows that the parking lots at the B of A, Circuit City(next door), and the bank across from that have lots of parking. I don't think the cops would bother becase it's not at the mall, and they have parking spaces that are never full, even during christmas shopping. If not there I would suggest the parkin lot at the old abandoned Q-zar rink. In the back there is lots of Parking their too. I also don't think we would get messed with. These are just suggestions......no flames or stuip smart remarks are needed. Thank You.

--------------------
Jason McCallum

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We seem a little sensitive about the East San Ho jokes.

I haven't been there much in the last few years, but I'm speaking from experience. When my friend used to live near Eastridge we would hear gun shots now and again followed shortly by the sound of sirens! Where I grew up you don't hear a gun shot let alone shots. I hope the place is better now but, that used to be a tough area.

Has anybody considered Milpitas. McCarthy
Ranch Park. There is a lot of parking it is pretty central and there are several options for food. It is right off the highway and I doubt we would be hassled.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

quote:
Has anybody considered Milpitas. McCarthy Ranch Park. There is a lot of parking it is pretty central and there are several options for food. It is right off the highway and I doubt we would be hassled.
Eric

That is a good place. I was there last Saturday night for some street racing action, unfortunetly the cops didn't like the idea. I got stopped with a few others and was told, "Do you live here? That's what I thought. If i see your car out here ever again i'm gonna tow it. You think I'm playin? Try me! Now go home!". We could definetly meet out there as long as is isn't too late, cause the cops think you're out there for the street racing.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Stallion ]

--------------------
Jason McCallum

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what kind of food places are in that area? Most likely I have been through there just dont know it by name?

--------------------

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
So what kind of food places are in that area? Most likely I have been through there just dont know it by name?

There's an In-N-Out right there.

--------------------
Jason McCallum

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Another idea is having a sunday brunch kinda thing??? Dont know just throwing more ideas out on the table to see how you all feel!

--------------------

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the brunch idea. So people who might work late on weekdays can have a chance to meet. Ok, but Fremont is out. Sorry to people from fremont. The cops are really bad there. If you have anything done to your ride they will try to bust you for it. I was thinking maybe one time in Newark/Union City area, Livermore we have a perfect place that doesn't care. We need to try to have places all over the bay. Since it would be like monthly. Concord has good spots also. Well lets not try to have it in the ghetto also. Just becuase we don't want anyones ride to get jacked. That would ruin the point. Well lets figure this, we should plan one for the 24th. Is that cool. Its two weeks out and we can get a location picked by Saturday. Then we should be set to make it happen. E-mail me with locations with place to eat.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sicgt:
Ok, we need everyone's suggestion for good places for monthly meetings. Remember, the restruant must be able to handle large groups, good food, cheap, and easy to get to. Ok, ideas are like Round Tables, things like that. Shoot some ideas..

Monthly meetings are cool for people to develop hangouts in each area, which I totally encourage however, I am not one for feeling obligated to show up everytime there is a meeting. Plus, also the fact that my car is not finished yet... lol... Have fun and if you any questions or ideas for 98Cobra.com, feel free to contact any of the Moderators!

--------------------
-Matt
Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think its a good idea i am done when ever and where ever. talk about up coming meets, cruises, and races and stuff like that. lets do it. pizza places r good becuz theyll have sitting for lots of ppl.

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Cobra 427
¯
Member # 755

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobra 427  Ford pictures for Cobra 427    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You might want to check out the El Torito's in San Leandro off of Marina blvd.

They got good food, reasonably priced, plus a large parking lot.

Have Fun,
Randy R...

Posts: 95 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone told me about the Texas Steak house in Union City. By the Lowes and all that. They said the food is good and had alot of space? Matt, its cool man. No one is required to come, why would it be like that? That would suck. No, the idea is so that people can come and hang out and just have a good time, shoot the BS, bragg a little, and show off their ride. Thats all. Just fun for all.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sicgt:
Matt, its cool man. No one is required to come, why would it be like that? That would suck.

My bad! I misunderstood you and your objectives when you said "Monthly Meetings". I totally like the idea of us all to hang out, so go for it! Let us all know when everyone is getting together and if it works out for some and not others, there will always be another! It's all good!

--------------------
-Matt
Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In-N-out in Milpitas where a ton of people meet for streetracing? That place fits tons of cars!
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
SPDSTR512
¯
Member # 759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPDSTR512  Ford pictures for SPDSTR512  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well please let me know when and where it'll be, and a propper place could be a mall or something, where there are a lot of parking, and reasonable food.

--------------------
2001 S281 SALEEN SPDSTR #512
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
YOU'LL HEAR ME AND FEEL ME
BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In and Out in Milpitas could be good. Not too far away and most people know where it is.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com