Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Dec. 8th CRUISE!!!!!!! nice!!!!!! (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dec. 8th CRUISE!!!!!!! nice!!!!!!
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gladd to hear that you are not hurt. I would try http://www.stangparts.com for parts. They are located on the East coast, but have reasonable prices.

I live in Pleasanton and drive Foothill down to Sunol every 2 or 3 weeks for fun. Those 10 MPH turns are not meant to be taken much faster. I almost nailed a Dodge Ram in September and I almost shit my pants when I realized how close I had come to him. It was also the last time I drove it on a Friday afternoon. (Damn traffic ) I guess you hit the car in one of the last few turns before you are in Sunol.

Who is Kevin? (98 S281 Cobra with the speedster cover?) If you are talking about the guy in the black Cobra convertible, his name is Harold. Harold is good about going back to check on accidents at cruises. He was very helpful after a friend crashed in June. Without him we might not have found the right freeway.

Hope you get the car fixed soon and that the damage to the Jeep does not kill your insurrance rates.

Jesse

On a side note: If we ever do that run again, Sue lives close to where we started. Her house would be a good meeting spot.

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff,
Call my buddy at 408-225-5553. Ask for Fast Eddie. They are a salvage yard located in San Jose. M-F 8-5.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
notsue
¯
Member # 557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notsue  Ford pictures for notsue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not only do I live close, BUT I've got a park across the street from my house, so theres like tons of parking available for a meeting type deal, and its off of a main street so wouldnt attract as many cops
That'd be so cool to see Osprey lined with cars and Quarry Lakes also... Would make a nice picture since theres an open field.

Posts: 616 | From: Fort Riley | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
jsmaze
¯
Member # 617

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsmaze  Ford pictures for jsmaze    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks a lot Jesse and Paz, and everyone else. I will *definately* check out Eddie (hehe) at the salvage yard.

Im hoping for good luck regarding the cherokee's claim...hoping...

I was pretty sure that the fella that came back was Kevin, perhaps not though, I was a little perturbed at that moment so I may have mixed up his name. He was driving a black <98 cobra I think.

Jesse, I totally hear ya now on some of those corners. WOW. I keep replaying the moment in my mind, but I have come to the conclusion that anything else other than understee, given the situation, would have been disastrous. Oversteer would have cause the jeep to smash into my drivers side quarter panel, spinning me around and most likely putting me into the rocks as well. Trying to trail brake the turn would have possibly caused me to drift into the other lane even further, into a near head-on collision.

Still a bummer though

Im a little confused to who is who here though Paz did we meet at your house?

Posts: 24 | From: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com