Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Dec. 8th CRUISE!!!!!!! nice!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Dec. 8th CRUISE!!!!!!! nice!!!!!!
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SilverStang....

I think next timw we should takt our cars up to the track after the rain ends....

Nice car by the way....

I had fun....

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When did you guys take the route?

I got separated from everyone when I left Brian's house. I went the wrong way on Paseo and ended up going to 680 and taking that to Mission, then going from there. I did the run but didn't see a single Mustang. I wonder if you guys were ahead of me or behind me? I did see a few people from the group on 680 S. heading towards San Jose when I was going 680 N. to Mission, but I think they bailed because of the cops

Blown93---Why did you get pulled over? I couldn't figure it out.

Those cops could have handled that completely different. Their whole excuse for being there was a load of crap. They could have rolled up and told everyone who was parked illegally to move their cars asked us to be mellow, shown some interest in the cars and then been on their way. That might have left a good impression of the Fremont Police instead of everything now thinking they are a bunch of pricks. The guy who was in charge was cool to me at least. He threatend to give me a ticket for blocking the pedestrian access from the sidewalk, but relented and said I wasn't blocking the whole thing. he also told one of the other guys to let me slide for no front plate.

Dean--- What did you get ticketed for? The guy writing you up was not cool at all. He tried to give me a ticket for no front plate after the other guy had let me go.

That route was crazy! Some of those roads were very narrow!! I couldn't imagine 30-40 cars running those roads. A couple of times I encountered people coming the other way and barely squeaked by.

I have to say there were some very nice cars. I really liked Harold's ride! Vere very nice! All of the Saleens were very sweet. Gabes car sonded like it didn't like going slow at all!!! I'm glad to hear you didn't get written up Gabe. I hope to get a chance to see oyu run at Sac. some day. It's hard to admit, but I even lied torque pimps car.

It sucks I got seperated from everyone, but I'm thankful I didn't get stuck behind Suzanne! (Girl, turn your stereo down if oyu can't hear your tires squealing)

Who crashed, and where?

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SilverStang
¯
Member # 354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStang  Ford pictures for SilverStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by javier:
SilverStang....

I think next timw we should takt our cars up to the track after the rain ends....

Nice car by the way....

I had fun....

Javier thanks!

yeah that'll be cool.....I wanna get somethings done to car before we go. Hoping to get in the 13's. I'll be very happy if I get my car to run high 13's.....Nice meeting you man and nice car too!........Keep in touch.

ps...hope you can get that video up on the net so we can take a look at it.

--------------------
Manny...
99 Mustang GT 35th Special Edition A/T

[img]http://home.pacbell.net/smoke74/silvergtcbrabum3.JPG[/img]

Mods so far: Basanni X w/cats, MagnaPack Mufflers, ASP Underdrive Pulleys,STEEDA Timing Adjuster,SVO T/B.99 Cobra Front Bumper,20%window tint,1/4 times: 14.2

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who was the person talking to me by Harold's car? I felt bad because they new my name and I did not know who they were. I have been trying to figure it out all day.

Manny: EDIT: Damnit, you just changed the pic to a side view. So everything I am about to tell you is old news. The picture of your car in your sig is backwards. Whoever developed the pictures managed to reverse the negative before they made the print. You can notice that the horse is backwards and it says moc.arboc89. I only noticed because I have taken photography and art classes. It is still a cool pic.

Jesse

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: Jesse ]

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SWEEEET is all i have to say about that cruise. too bad po po had to fuck shit up with me taking my shit. but oh well it was fun anyways!!

good to meet you all. had a blast!!

fucking cops

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloud9gt  Ford pictures for cloud9gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cruise around those mountains was SICK!!!
And who said that GTs dont have handles. I was hanging with the 3 white Saleens. I was drifting all over the place, all you can hear are my tires crying . It sucks for what happened to that dude that hit the Jeep. There was some tight turns though but nothing that my GT cant handle . I was trippin when i saw Sue facing the other way, I was like "Are we going back?" . At one point i was holding my steering wheel so tight that i honked.lol.

It was alot of fun though.

Posts: 311 | From: The Stack, currently in the philippines | Registered: May 2001  |  :
v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I could have been there. I have seen part of Javier's video and it seems like a lot of fun. It sucks having to work.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

SilverStang
¯
Member # 354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStang  Ford pictures for SilverStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
Who was the person talking to me by Harold's car? I felt bad because they new my name and I did not know who they were. I have been trying to figure it out all day.

Manny: EDIT: Damnit, you just changed the pic to a side view. So everything I am about to tell you is old news. The picture of your car in your sig is backwards. Whoever developed the pictures managed to reverse the negative before they made the print. You can notice that the horse is backwards and it says moc.arboc89. I only noticed because I have taken photography and art classes. It is still a cool pic.

Jesse

Jesse thanks for bringing that out. I didnt even noticed it.........How about now?........wait a minute! still the same! fuck!

Ok, I got right this time! I hope.

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: SilverStang ]

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: SilverStang ]

--------------------
Manny...
99 Mustang GT 35th Special Edition A/T

[img]http://home.pacbell.net/smoke74/silvergtcbrabum3.JPG[/img]

Mods so far: Basanni X w/cats, MagnaPack Mufflers, ASP Underdrive Pulleys,STEEDA Timing Adjuster,SVO T/B.99 Cobra Front Bumper,20%window tint,1/4 times: 14.2

cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloud9gt  Ford pictures for cloud9gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:

It sucked being towards the back and having to follow 4/5 stock fox's going 30-35mph around turns, I wanted to be up w/ the saleens rippin' around the corners, dammit Oh well, next time.

-Mike

Dude! You it was fun being behind 3 saleens and had 1 saleen behind me. I was actually out hanging him. But the saleens made the turns look so easy when i have to drift through them mofos.

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: cloud9gt ]

Posts: 311 | From: The Stack, currently in the philippines | Registered: May 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cloud9gt:
The cruise around those mountains was SICK!!!
And who said that GTs dont have handles. I was hanging with the 3 white Saleens. I was drifting all over the place, all you can hear are my tires crying . It sucks for what happened to that dude that hit the Jeep. There was some tight turns though but nothing that my GT cant handle . I was trippin when i saw Sue facing the other way, I was like "Are we going back?" . At one point i was holding my steering wheel so tight that i honked.lol.

It was alot of fun though.

Correction, 4 white saleens. Rudy would be #5, but he had to leave early.

Glad everybody enjoyed. We will never meet at my house again. See all you either in FEB or at SAC.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:

Correction, 4 white saleens. Rudy would be #5, but he had to leave early.

Glad everybody enjoyed. We will never meet at my house again. See all you either in FEB or at SAC.

4 saleens, whatever Brian ...i was still right behind ya guys. but you guys made it look so easy with my ass bouncing and drifting all over the place. Hey, atleast I was haning. The black saleen was behind me and i was taking corners harder than he was

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happened with the accident? Who hit what and how?

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:

Jesse

Jesse,

I think that was me. (Tall guy in a blue shirt) I remembered you from the last big cruise. Seems like you know most of the people by sight so I was asking you who was who and such. I'm pissed I got split up from everyone. I'm glad I came back in one piece.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah that was a tight cruise wait a minute i didnt go i couldnt make it had to work sounds like you guys had a great time hopefully somebody will post some pics or a video soon.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everything was cool besides the fuckin ticket. Bullitt208: your right, that cop who gave me the ticket was a dick, rude as hell...but what's new, typical asshole who needs a uniform to be a prick. But oh well, he could of brought out the mirror and looked underneath my car...I'll take the license plate violation.

Jason, yes there were 4 white Saleens ripping through the corners, Brian, Dennis, Me, and Dave. Rudy would of been 5. You kept up pretty good. All the 1/4 milers finally stepped into Saleen territory

It was me who was right behind the GT that lost it on the turn. It looked to me that she went into the turn too fast and pounded the brake too hard which caused the 180. It was inches away from the tail slamming into the mountain, and another foot away from swiping the on coming Cherokee.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pics are at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/newnavy102/lst?&.dir=/12+8+01+Mustang+cruise&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/newnavy102/lst%3f%26.dir=/12%2b8%2b01%2bMustang%2bcruise%26.src=ph%26.view=t

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL..nice shot dude..

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
cloud9gt
¯
Member # 273

quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
pics are at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/new navy102/lst?&.dir=/12+8+01+Mustang+cruise&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/newnavy102/lst%3f%26.dir=/12%2b8%2b01%2bMustang%2bcruise%26.src=ph%26.view=t

...damn!

i didnt think u had that much pictures of my car ...including the times i just got in the way of the camera . ma bad for getting in the way...like i knew what you were taking pictures of

S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cloud9gt

Hah, you believe whatever you want........

So your the one that was in front of me sliding your ass all over the place.......

I backed off from you when you started sliding your tail, I wanted a little space between us, so I would have room to stop, just in case..........

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cloud9gt

I'll have to say you were doing a pretty good job, you never lost it....completely.....j/p

When we're running like that and the guy in front of you is sliding, you always give them some space, it never looks good if you hit the guy in front of you..........

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kevin, you got that right. It is insane to be so close to the guy/gal in front of you, driving those roads. After Suzy-spinout and her incidents, it just proved my point even more.

I was 2 cars behind the first spinout. It appears your approach speed was to fast and hit the brakes on mid turn or let off the throttle on mid turn. Both are receipes for disaster. Never use the brakes on the apex of a turn (or downshift, for that matter). Always brake before the turns. With roads like these, you especially have to be careful. You have: blind corners, rocks and sand, narrow roadways with oncoming cars (possibly), and the worst of all; unknown territory.
If you want to learn how to drive fast, I would seriously sugest road racing at Sears Point, Laguna, etc.. They have classes that will teach you right/and wrongs.

Also, you have to know your limits and abilties of the car. Stock mustang suspension isn't great with the flexi-flyer chassis. Even the Saleen suspension isn't that great. I felt my car roll around those reverse camber turns a few times. I would look into some suspension mods to hold everything together, that will help out a bit. Even then, I would put money on a Subaru WRX smoking every one of us on that road, but that's another story.

The second spinout was just a loss of control. Once you "floored it" the cars backside came around, which is typical for RWD cars, and very predictable after you've experienced it. The problem you encountered was trying to over correct it. Once it came around, you yanked the steering wheel the opposite way making the car swing to the other side. Then it was like a pendalum, swinging back and forth while you were turning the wheel as fast as you could the opposite direction. I would imagine your foot was still on the floor the whole time, as you were concentrating on steering. If you only knew how close you were to the guard rail.
Don't take my comments the wrong way. I'm not trying to embarass you, or put you down, just trying to help like you asked the board. I really don't want to see you get in an accident, as you almost did a few times yesterday.

Aside from the $60 no front plate ticket, and my $700 digital camera being broken, I thought the cruise was nice, expensive, but nice. Very good choice in roads Brian.
I will see if I can salvage the photos out of my camera.

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Hi Dennis

Thanks......

Sorry about the ticket and the camera......I guess that was one advantage of my being late, I parked way down the street......

I might be able to help with the pics on the camera, if it takes any sort of memory card pop the card and I'll arrange to get it from you and burn them to a cd......I've got external readers for most of those memory cards.

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls

notsue
¯
Member # 557

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for notsue  Ford pictures for notsue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That turn I spun out on was like the first one I remember actually hiting the brakes for... I should have known I was setting myself up for trouble when I forced my way in between the saleens... I was just following happily along and didnt wanna be the slow person who broke the group up hehe. After that tho I took it a lot easier on the turns. I thought later on I was pissing off that white cobra or whatever it was that was behind me who was squealin behind me in turns while I was following the black saleen and failing to keep up. As for the other incident yeah, I failed to take my foot off the gas, I remember thinking for sure I was gonna go into that guard rail at one point... it was all fun tho... heh.

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Suzanne Marie ]

Posts: 616 | From: Fort Riley | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:

Jesse,

I think that was me. (Tall guy in a blue shirt) I remembered you from the last big cruise. Seems like you know most of the people by sight so I was asking you who was who and such. I'm pissed I got split up from everyone. I'm glad I came back in one piece.

Eric

Ok, I have seen you at some of the other cruises. (The Marin one and possibly the one in the middle of September.) I won't forget who you are for next time.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit.........
I know you ain't smack-talkin the fox bros.!!!!
That fuckin' Cobra guy was supposed to be right behind me, and he was nowhere to be found! my shit had 18lbs of air in the back too, as I forgot to air up beforehand..... Anyhow I had a great time, so did my friend Dan.
You guys and gals rock!
ted

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com