Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » The best cruise, EVER!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The best cruise, EVER!
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, here's the deal...

Saturday, October 6th, meeting time, 12pm, NOON. Meeting spot TBD if there is enough interest. PLEASE email me, or post here or Mustangworld.com's Events section if you want to go. I promise you will enjoy this one, A LOT.

I'm moving to southern California in a week or so, so this is my attempt to make a good cruise happen.

Yes, it's late, yes, there should be more than one week notice, and yes, we just had one yesterday...ok, now...

I know a lot of people wanted more turns, a longer route, and higher speeds. Well, this is your chance.

This route starts in Sebastopol, and goes all the way out to Bodega Bay, runs along the coast for a good half hour, which is NOTHING but sharp U-turns, high speed corners, and some good 2nd/3rd gear sprints into the corners, it's great. All the while, you're right along the water with a coastal breeze on yo' ass. It goes along the coast for quite a ways, then heads inland to Forestville, Monte Rio, and area's in there. It resembles skyline, redwoods, sun peaking through the trees, and great roads.

The whole route is close to 100 miles round trip, so it's not short. It's absolutely awesome, I've made this run 10 times or so, and it's still fun. There are some good areas to pass and run it up to 100 or so, and then back off and get ready for some corners again. Fun stuff, my girlfriend hates going on it w/ me because she thinks she is going to die. We went yesterday after the cruise, and had a blast, the weather was perfect, and I only saw ONE cop the entire trip. Not too many of them out there in that area, if any.

I'm going regardless if anyone shows up, it's a great drive. For those of you who want to do something like this, let me know, i'm going to post this on Mustangworld as well. There are Places to stop for lunch along the way, ala' Alices diner along skyline. There's the Tides at Bodega bay, or Lucas Wharf, or there are smaller diner places when you get back into town. Either way, it's a great drive.

Well, who's up for it? Convertible owners, you will LOVE this one.

Ok, let me know...if even 5-10 people show up, that's cool, it's short notice and all. I'm going regardless...

Call me if you have any questions, leave a message on my GF's answering machine, as i'm staying here for a bit. (707) 824-4479. I really want this to happen, so hopefully some of you can make it.

--Mike

If SUNDAY works better for any of you, the 7th, let me know...I want this to happen, even if it's not huge.

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I could come man...

keep your car and we'll go cruisin down PCH when you're in so. cali

peace

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
1SLOW5.8
¯
Member # 383

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 1SLOW5.8  Ford pictures for 1SLOW5.8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey blown93, are you selling your cobra? my buddy is in hunt for one since his 5.0 was stolen the other week. how much are you asking for it if your're up to selling it? how many miles, etc. thanks, chris

--------------------
how fast can it be?

Stnggirl98
¯
Member # 324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stnggirl98  Ford pictures for Stnggirl98  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd go but us girls have our cool little meeting on Saturday in Fremont ... get loose on a couple turns for me guys... have fun!

--------------------
Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one... :D

www.redlineladies.com

Posts: 200 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
SilverRoush
¯
Member # 477

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverRoush  Ford pictures for SilverRoush  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! Girls in nice cars! That's the best!!!

--------------------
[IMG]http://members.aol.com/allen121/images/MyStang8Small.jpg[/IMG]

-Allen
'00 Mustang GT Roush
Autographed by Jack Roush, Roush ground effects, Borla side exhaust, clear corners, MAC CAI, body painted mirrors

Posts: 15 | From: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok you have this in too many different threads to reply to them all...my most recent replys are over at MW.. in the events section..

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Stnggirl98
¯
Member # 324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stnggirl98  Ford pictures for Stnggirl98  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SilverRoush:
Sweet! Girls in nice cars! That's the best!!!

Hey Allen, It's about time ya ventured onto the boards... Don't know if you remember me... we used to talk on AOL ~ MustngGTGrl16

--------------------
Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one... :D

www.redlineladies.com

Posts: 200 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any idea on the meeting place yet?.....I'm going to try and make it.

--------------------
Italian Horses & Bulls
Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah yeah, I know brett.

Gotta keep the word out, too many people don't visit MW to see it.

Meeting spot is the new computer labs being built in Sebastopol on hwy 116, i will go tomorrow to get the exact address and post directions.

I PROMISE Whoever comes and makes this drive, will be extremely happy they did.

-Mike

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
POSTPONED -

New meeting spot:

7789 Healdsburg Ave.
Sebastopol, Ca 94572

Sunday, October 14th, Noon.

Hopefully more people can make it this time.

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for postponing it. I should have enough money to do this by the new date.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown93Snake:
POSTPONED -

New meeting spot:

7789 Healdsburg Ave.
Sebastopol, Ca 94572

Sunday, October 14th, Noon.
Hopefully more people can make it this time.

I might be able to make it on sunday Where the fuck is Sebastopol. I s that by OR?

Hopefully more people can make it this time.[/qb][/QUOTE]

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: TRY2PAZ ]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Brian -

Sebastopol is about a half hour north of Petaluma.

Figure roughly an hour and a half from you, maybe a bit more. This drive is worth it, trust me.

P.S. A nice Saleen S-351 would fit you nicely.

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where does the cruise end so I can get my directions on how to get back home.

Jesse

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com