Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Saleen Show Sept. 15th, anyone interested?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Saleen Show Sept. 15th, anyone interested?
JSGIVUP
¯
Member # 333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSGIVUP  Ford pictures for JSGIVUP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Myself, WIKD281 and TRY2PAZ are entering our cars in the Saleen Show. Last year WIKD281 and I went and both took 3rd in our classes. We had a great time and the show was well put together (We thought so). We will leave either on Thursday or Friday before the show. Is anyone interested in driving down with us either to enter or just go for the show.

JSGIVUP

Posts: 71 | From: Fremont, Ca 94539 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
SS EATER
¯
Member # 205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SS EATER  Ford pictures for SS EATER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious if it is only on Saturday or is it an all weekend car show???? And where is it??

------------------
Stephanie...........
98 triple blk cobra convertible

Stnggirl98
¯
Member # 324

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stnggirl98  Ford pictures for Stnggirl98  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steph~ I believe the show is just on Saturday... its at Saleen's new headquarters in Irvine (addy is 76 Fairbanks)...
I went last year and had an awesome time... we trailer the cars down on a rig... if anyone wants to show but they don't want to put the miles on their car we have room for more cars... just let me know!

Posts: 200 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stnggirl98:
Steph~ I believe the show is just on Saturday... its at Saleen's new headquarters in Irvine (addy is 76 Fairbanks)...
I went last year and had an awesome time... we trailer the cars down on a rig... if anyone wants to show but they don't want to put the miles on their car we have room for more cars... just let me know!

Who's responsible for the towing? I never realized that option was available for just anyone....do you have anymore details on that. Thanks

------------------
2000 Saleen Mustang, Vortech SQ, etc.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
JSGIVUP
¯
Member # 333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSGIVUP  Ford pictures for JSGIVUP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's right, the show is only on Saturday. Its location is 76 fairbanks, Irvine, Ca, 92618. I can mail anyone an entry form if they need one. Entry fee is $20 if you enter before 9-1-01. After is $25.00. I recomend entering early cause if you do you get stuff like a saleen shirt, saleen plaque, car detailing stuff, etc. The trophies are pretty nice, WIKD281 and mine are made of solid marble. The show goes from about 8am to 5pm. If you enter, get there early for good parking. For info, Saleen's number is 949-597-4900. Stanggirl98, how do you tow the cars, on what, how many can you fit, who drives it etc?

Thanks,

JSGIVUP

Posts: 71 | From: Fremont, Ca 94539 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stnggirl98
¯
Member # 324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stnggirl98  Ford pictures for Stnggirl98  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vortech & JSGIVUP... a friend of mine in Redding has a rig (18 wheeler type thing) for towing his cars to shows... it can pull 8 cars and, if I dont bring my car, there's room for 6 more... and its all covered... the cab is set up w/ TV/DVD, beds, little kitchen, all kinds of crap ... his girlfriend and I will be cruisin down in their Excursion so there's plenty of room for everyone if you don't want to drive seperate cars... we're still debating whether we are leaving thursday or friday, it depends on my work schedule... its not something thats set up thru Saleen or anything like that... its his own rig and he'd be the only one driving it... I'll double check with him on how many he'd be willing to take down, but the last LS1 show we went to he pulled 8 cars for people so I don't think it's a prob... if it's cool w/ him than we'd have to do a first come, first serve thing like we did before so it's fair... and we'd all have to meet beforehand to make sure there won't be any probs ... lemme know if it interests any of ya
Posts: 200 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I plan on going to the show, I was going to tow my Saleen with the Lightning. Probably leave on Thursday.

------------------
Saleen 00-0669
2001 Lightning

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody want to carpool down on thursday morning?
Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian, keep me posted if you leave on Thursday morning, I still haven't decided if I will just drive the car rather than tow it.

------------------
Saleen 00-0669
2001 Lightning

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an idea of flying down. Even the drive down to Sac was a little wacky. I had a little shade of yellow over the tailpipes that I had to wax off from the long drive, and my car acted kind of funny as well.

If I were to fly down, would anyone be willing to pick up my free loading ass?

------------------
2000 Saleen Mustang, Vortech SQ, etc.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey that sounds cool, keep me posted about Thursday, I was going down Friday, put I wouldn't mind leaving Thursday, just have to add a day to my Hotel stay.........
Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What hotel is everybody staying at? What are the prices?
Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Irvine Suites has rooms for $89 a night, if you mention the Saleen Show. Radisson, Double Tree, etc.. are over $100 a night.
S281Cobra
NOTAFKE
Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Irvine Suites........and if you've got a AAA card, you can get the rooms $87 a night, through their discount.
Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
ThePhantom
¯
Member # 252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePhantom  Ford pictures for ThePhantom  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Anybody want to carpool down on thursday morning?

I can leave on Friday.

--------------------
02 Slammed Lightning Show Truck
02 AccordV6EX-Daily Driver

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com