Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Harrassment at the shows.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Harrassment at the shows.
lincmk8rlr
¯
Member # 282

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for lincmk8rlr  Ford pictures for lincmk8rlr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys, Gabe and Matt,
I just wanted to let all my friends know what happened at this Saturday's Good Guys show. Matt, you were there when my bestfriend was biting some dude's head off. Basically, this asshole cop kept messing with me for having my stereo on. And it wasn't even that loud! Even other car owners around me were wondering why the cop was messing with me which tells me that they didn't care if I had my stereo on. Other cops even complemented my work on the beat! Come on guys, it's a "carshow" aren't we allowed to "show" off our work? We've all been to these shows and we all know that there's always someone who shows there car for the looks and the beat, the engine, or the hydros but it's really stupid to get fucked with in a car show. There's not one car show where no one is playing there stereo and we all know that. I left in anger because he messed with me twice while other cars were driving by pounding their beat as I argued with his dumb ass. Some guy even dumped the back of his lowrider and let it scrape the ground while the cop was in my face. None of us should deal with harrassment in carshows because we want to "show" our cars. My point is, if we can't do it legally in public we bring it to car shows. Anyway, help me get this issue out to everyone you know cause it's fucked up for people who want to show their cars off and have to deal with some power tripping cop in his face. I'd appreciate it also if you forwarded this to other car and truck clubs. Thanks guys.

Posts: 13 | From: Union City, CA. USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian..
I didn't hear about this happening at the car show.. YES that is a very stupid thing to happen.. It sounds like the cop had something personal against you or something..have you had problems w/ that guy before?

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken
11.9s @121mph on nittos..<==at 462rwhp
COMING SOON..600+RWHP
for 98COBRA.COM stickers E-mail me..

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I 100% agree with you. A car show is on private grounds so there for we should be able to play our stereo's. The cops should only be there for fights. Last show the cops almost busted myself and wikd281 for reving our engines. WTF. The cop said do it once more, and your outa here.

[This message has been edited by TRY2PAZ (edited 06-03-2001).]

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
lincmk8rlr
¯
Member # 282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lincmk8rlr  Ford pictures for lincmk8rlr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the third time I showed over there and I never had a problem with anything like that. In fact other cops, at least 8, were checking my car out and complementing me on it...while my stereo was playing! They even pointed out that my roof was flexing because of the bass. I guess this cop just had it out for me cause others were bumping their music while I sat there arguing with the asshole.
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian-

I know that there was going to be some kind of problem when I saw like a cop every 50 feet. I thought it was also funny when they moved the Young Guys away from everyone else. I feel that you were being harrassed because they had nothing else better to do. What happened after all? Did the cop come back and harrass you some more? I want to show my car but the next one won't be until November, I think, except for showing it all local clubs!!

------------------
-Matt
98 Cobra
284 RWHP, 12.9@106mph N/A on Street Tires
85 LX
???

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
lincmk8rlr
¯
Member # 282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lincmk8rlr  Ford pictures for lincmk8rlr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm pretty sure that since I'm the only young guy in that section, I stuck out like a sore thumb. I didn't know that they moved the younger people away from everyone else either. That's fucked up! And what pisses me off more is the fact that older guys around me were telling him to leave me alone since I wasn't doing anything wrong.

------------------
Phoenix Gold sponsored 95 Mark VIII, slammed, 18" Zinetti Milanos. Engine mods soon.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com