Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Anyone go to Muscle Car Night in Dubin?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone go to Muscle Car Night in Dubin?
Rebel79
¯
Member # 31

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebel79  Ford pictures for Rebel79  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lately, I have been hanging out at my local LS1 UBB (I know its an LS1). I wanted to meet the competiiong and have people to cruise with. Anyways they told me about a Muscle Car Night at the Foster Freeze in Dublin, CA. I figured it was going ot be about 30 cars so I decided to go immediately after I put my s/c belt on.

So I pull into the parking lot, and I see about 30 cars, mostly Camaros, Z28 and SS, and Trans Ams. Before I could even turn off my car, I had about 10-15 people around my car. By the time I opened my hood, I had about 20 people gazing. They had heard my s/c whine, which is REALLY loud now... it sounds like an ATI but better. :)

Anyways, I took pictures and chatted.... most of the Camaros and Trans Ams were stock. 1 had nitrous, and there was a Callaway CAMARO!!! Never seen one of those before.

Anyways while I am gazing and walking around... more and more cars are arriving. Before I know it, there is more than 250 cars in the parking lot!

Most of them turned out to be Classics, such as Dusters, GTOs, Corvette, Malibu, Nova, and several vintage Mustangs.

There was this older teal Malibu that backed off a trailer across the street. This car was MEAN... had a REALLY loud exhaust (open headers) and a roots blower that protruded through the hood. The guy claimed to have about 900-1000hp. He said it was really streetable, but it only got 1 gallon per MINUTE! and he only had a 16 gallon tank. Streetable, my *** ... he had to back it off a trailer.

There was a sweet Nova with a bad paint job. he backed off a trailer too. He never stopped so we could not see what he had under the hood, but it was as loud as the Malibu.... and he was NOT RUNNING GAS! I could smell Methane.

I left early so I could go to work (10pm to 7am :( ) I made my exit quietly, but nobody paid any attention because the Malibu was leaving at the same time. So after I left the parking lot, I flipped a U-turn and went by the show again.
I got on it a little and almost all of the 350+ people turned their heads to look at my car! Man that is such a great feeling.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I will have to post pics of that Malibu and other cool cars soon.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet, sounds MUCH bigger than the one I went to last year! About that black Callaway, is it some older guy that smokes cigarettes like a chimney? If so that car isn't too impressive, something like 320 rwhp, and the front bumber is SEVERLY chiped up and poorly touch up painted. About the red neck that trailored his open headered carburated car talking about how its streetable.... don't listen to them, those red necks last time thought that this: was a BIG BLOCK 454 with a Paxton!!! They didn't even know it was a Ford and where pointing at the "VORTECH" on the inlet pipe telling his friend its got a paxton!

Heh, 1 gallon per minute... I'd say he's running a bit rich there..... SO rich that the raw gas fumes killed some brain cells =)

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAHAH yah i remember that show last year.. most of those people thought my motor was a dodge hemi .. lol lol
gabriel

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com