Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  


Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply
read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Good streetable drag radials for the dollar

 - Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Good streetable drag radials for the dollar
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking to invest in some not too expensive drag radials, not a hardcore dragster but want a decent tire that grabs. looking to get 275-40-17 unless you have a better opinion. ive personally been looking at the bfgoodwich gforce t/a drag radial. any and all info is much appreciated. [Big Grin] [patriot] [burnout]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
et streets

--------------------
91' Notch

Posts: 1260 | Registered: May 2010  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
et streets

I read that they are a bit too aggressive, but any secondary suggestions

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drag radial are not the business for the street. Slicks are more forgiving on the street.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nto5r's where good on the street and was good enough for 1.7-1.8 60's at the track. No complaints here... Now don't confuse them like most people do with the nto5. R's are way better. I would say just about as good or better than mickys as far as a 17 inch goes and a radial,

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Posts: 6496 | From: San Jose | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
1SLWFOX
¯
Member # 5779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWFOX  Ford pictures for 1SLWFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally like M/T radials,I ran the M/T radials previously on my daily and i loved them, they out performed the DOT hoosier and nitto. I just started running bias-ply et streets and im liking them, they arent to bad driving on the street. Since you are not to big on dragging and want a tire with some traction id say nitto nt05r.

--------------------
The Anti-crew
187Performance
------------------------
1988 notchback
302 B-Cam, GT40s, cobra Intake, and exhaust

Posts: 575 | From: Westcoast1320 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWFOX:
I personally like M/T radials,I ran the M/T radials previously on my daily and i loved them, they out performed the DOT hoosier and nitto. I just started running bias-ply et streets and im liking them, they arent to bad driving on the street. Since you are not to big on dragging and want a tire with some traction id say nitto nt05r.

What would you say the life is on them.?

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWFOX:
I personally like M/T radials,I ran the M/T radials previously on my daily and i loved them, they out performed the DOT hoosier and nitto. I just started running bias-ply et streets and im liking them, they arent to bad driving on the street. Since you are not to big on dragging and want a tire with some traction id say nitto nt05r.

What would you say the life is on them.?
All depends on on how many times you go to the track lol. but average about 5k or more depending how you drive.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Posts: 6496 | From: San Jose | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWFOX:
I personally like M/T radials,I ran the M/T radials previously on my daily and i loved them, they out performed the DOT hoosier and nitto. I just started running bias-ply et streets and im liking them, they arent to bad driving on the street. Since you are not to big on dragging and want a tire with some traction id say nitto nt05r.

What would you say the life is on them.?
All depends on on how many times you go to the track lol. but average about 5k or more depending how you drive.
Was making sure i could drive them to where i want to race rather then having to lug around an extra set of rims and tires
[Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
1SLWFOX
¯
Member # 5779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWFOX  Ford pictures for 1SLWFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLWFOX:
I personally like M/T radials,I ran the M/T radials previously on my daily and i loved them, they out performed the DOT hoosier and nitto. I just started running bias-ply et streets and im liking them, they arent to bad driving on the street. Since you are not to big on dragging and want a tire with some traction id say nitto nt05r.

What would you say the life is on them.?
All depends on on how many times you go to the track lol. but average about 5k or more depending how you drive.
Was making sure i could drive them to where i want to race rather then having to lug around an extra set of rims and tires
[Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

I drive with mine everywhere, even the track. I get 6k-8k out of them, really depends on how many times i go to the track.

--------------------
The Anti-crew
187Performance
------------------------
1988 notchback
302 B-Cam, GT40s, cobra Intake, and exhaust

Posts: 575 | From: Westcoast1320 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
egobreaker5.0
¯
Member # 11085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for egobreaker5.0  Ford pictures for egobreaker5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
looking to invest in some not too expensive drag radials, not a hardcore dragster but want a decent tire that grabs. looking to get 275-40-17 unless you have a better opinion. ive personally been looking at the bfgoodwich gforce t/a drag radial. any and all info is much appreciated. [Big Grin] [patriot] [burnout]

I ran 2 sets of Nitto 555R's they dead hooked on the street and work well in the rain. They also lasted 8-10k miles and are cheaper than others.

--------------------
1992 5.0 Lx Hatch Full Boltons 14.0 @ 99 (Sold)

2005 Dodge Srt-4 Full boltons/91oct 12.8 @ 108

2004 Cobra Ported/pullied/tuned

Posts: 172 | From: Concord | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toyo Proxes TQ

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Posts: 1664 | From: NOR✯CAL | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickey Thompson et street radials ftw

--------------------
Tilted Competition CC
93 LX Notch (Ls swap in progress)
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Posts: 1319 | From: Hayward | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ET Streets but don't get caught out with wet roads.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Posts: 4357 | From: East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M/T Radials

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
et streets ftw bias ply works great on the street and last longer than my nt05r and micky radials and hook 10 times better
Posts: 2591 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :


 
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords



Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com