Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Rear suspension options

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rear suspension options
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to upgrade and hearing about UPR wishbone or maybe an anti roll bar setup. My 60fts seem to be suffering a little. Right now the car is bbk lower control arms with drag springs. I know i am in need of an upgrade

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Teamz upper an lowers with a anti roll bar. An don't look back.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What you think

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/product_p/tzm-ss1.htm

--------------------
The anti-crew

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's what I have for my foxbody.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
What you think

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/product_p/tzm-ss1.htm

Can't go wrong with that combo. They have stock style springs that work good as well.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What shocks do you guys prefer?

--------------------
The anti-crew

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the combo details?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Track car with 347 and 200 shot. 4k converter

--------------------
The anti-crew

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Strange or Vari-Shock double adjustable on all corners would be my vote if it's in the budget.
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

http://youtu.be/2FGJcbMh9Ys

--------------------
The anti-crew

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Strange or Vari-Shock double adjustable on all corners would be my vote if it's in the budget.

Ok thanks. I think at this point I might as well suck it up and do it right

--------------------
The anti-crew

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

That thing seems to run good based on your Fast 25 list info.

Get that short time to improve and you will be set.

What's it weigh and what's the current suspension details?

[ 2015-04-21, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
That thing seems to run good based on your Fast 25 list info.

Get that short time to improve and you will be set.

What's it weigh and what's the current suspension details?

right now it has steeda drag springs in rear, bbk lower control arms with stock uppers. lakewood 50/50 and 90/10s

front: Granatelli coil over sleeves with 14" 150# spring. weight is a guess at 3000lbs

[ 2015-04-27, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: sic70stang ]

--------------------
The anti-crew

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not to thread jack, but how does that anti roll bar help? Do they help stabilize at the higher speeds down the track or do they help the 60's? What is the difference of a stock style sway bar?

--------------------
Jesus is king!

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Have you ever seen a car squat to the right rear axle on a launch?
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

If this is directed at me, yes I have.

--------------------
Jesus is king!

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
quote:

A anti roll bar will keep that from happening.
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
quote:

A anti roll bar will keep that from happening.
Ok, thanks for educating me on that! [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com