Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Who's here? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who's here?
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
Hitting test and tune. Can't wait, been months.

saw your time slip nice job!!!

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are 2 spots dropping off on the 29th as they have reached their 2 year limit.

Any pass posted that's faster than a car currently on the list will be added, and the slower cars dropped off.

Hope to see some activity out at the track tonight!!!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
Hitting test and tune. Can't wait, been months.

saw your time slip nice job!!!
Thanks man. Now I'm itching to go back again.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was should have been 24 with the 13.5 @ 104. That time was less than a year ago but got erased? But it's ok hopefully I'll have a new time up.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
I was should have been 24 with the 13.5 @ 104. That time was less than a year ago but got erased? But it's ok hopefully I'll have a new time up.

Re-post or PM me your time slip.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Thanks to 5.0 LsX for showing up and posting an improved run. Get that 60' time sorted out and you will have a solid 10 second ride.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Thanks to 5.0 LsX for showing up and posting an improved run. Get that 60' time sorted out and you will have a solid 10 second ride.

thanks, first time out being auto and new motor. still need a tune past 5k and looking like a higher stall. hoping for 10's n/a next month

--------------------
91' Notch

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:

Re-post or PM me your time slip.
I doubt I have the time slip anymore. I did post it up back then. Oh well. Not like it was fast anyways lol.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

WillS
¯
Member # 13793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WillS  Ford pictures for WillS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
New guy here but Im sure a lot of you have seen the car at the track. SBC powered 90 GT running index 11.60 and pro bracket classes. Im hoping I can provide information to help everyone become more consistent and have their cars in the winner's circle more.

I have a low 11 second pass I will look for the time slip.

-

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been on and off the list for 12 full years... I would like to see it stay. Sad to see cafords becoming less popular. Anyone remember 98cobra.com?! To be honest though with the amount of drama on here sometimes now I see why people stay away. Also less and less of us can actually work on cars nowadays. I remember when we used to post like crazy in the Tech forum for fixing problems etc... But now most the new cars have very little that the average guys wants to get into working on.... Just my .02 cents.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
I have been on and off the list for 12 full years... I would like to see it stay. Sad to see cafords becoming less popular. Anyone remember 98cobra.com?! To be honest though with the amount of drama on here sometimes now I see why people stay away. Also less and less of us can actually work on cars nowadays. I remember when we used to post like crazy in the Tech forum for fixing problems etc... But now most the new cars have very little that the average guys wants to get into working on.... Just my .02 cents.

sad but true
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [Razz]

--------------------

WillS
¯
Member # 13793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WillS  Ford pictures for WillS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could try and see if Horsepower University will try and promote the site on their facebook. Sadly though, with the facebook communities, forums are starting to die in general.
foxbodyCJ
¯
Member # 13674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbodyCJ  Ford pictures for foxbodyCJ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:

I just joined recently because I lived in the central valley and there didn't seem to be much happening on here from the valley. I think a big part of the dwindling participation is the stupid smog laws and cops messing with any nice foxbody that sounds good on the road. I went to famoso raceway recently and had to prep my h/c/I fox for 3 hours to get it track ready, 10 years ago I wouldn't care and would have driven it to work the next day but now I'm terrified ill hit a mobile smog or other BS. I know this isn't the proper place to bitch about this but I figured I add to your rant because I agree with all of your points.
WillS
¯
Member # 13793

Honestly the smog laws are not as bad as people want to think they are. As a smog tech, there are ways around alot of the power robbing items with newer technology available. Just have to do your research and get someone that knows how to tune the injection system up right.

I hear them boys at AED know their ford stuff really well.

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:
Originally posted by WillS:
New guy here but Im sure a lot of you have seen the car at the track. SBC powered 90 GT running index 11.60 and pro bracket classes. Im hoping I can provide information to help everyone become more consistent and have their cars in the winner's circle more.

I have a low 11 second pass I will look for the time slip.

-

wills has 30 posts please put him on the list

--------------------

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Have him post all the required info in the Fast 25 thread.
WillS
¯
Member # 13793

Done... [Smile]
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm curious...... who all frequents this section?

What will it take to fill the Fast 50 list from top to bottom?

I frequent this section often, I have two stangs that I need to get on the list, one should run 11's the other 12's, just gotta get out to the track. I always work Wed since it's an important day at work, so it makes it hard to get out to the track.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

How about test and tune on Saturday's??

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To rich for my blood.isnt it like $50 car & driver?

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:

Yes but there are not too many cars, you can make lots of runs. Staging lanes are empty most of the time.

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:

Yes but there are not too many cars, you can make lots of runs. Staging lanes are empty most of the time.
I have had 10 runs on a Wed. As long as I can arrive early I am able to do plenty of runs. My coupe I can't hot lap because it would get heat soaked due to the supercharger and no intercooler, the coyote I have no idea how it would handle that, & my SRT would likely do just fine, but $50 on top of the other expenses like fuel, plus the time & effort to go... I don't think it would be worth it. If I had a trailered(& really fast) car maybe

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

WillS
¯
Member # 13793

Difference between a wed night and a saturday morning is track prep and air altitude. Trust me T-N-T is worth the money.
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by WillS:
Difference between a wed night and a saturday morning is track prep and air altitude. Trust me T-N-T is worth the money.

How is the air altitude different on tnt?

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

WillS
¯
Member # 13793

time of day will play on air altitude.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com