Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » PSCA at Sacramento this weekend (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PSCA at Sacramento this weekend
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I had a blast this weekend that was our first time ever on 8.5 tire and the nitrous setup Jay I wish that I known that you were working on that car because I really want to come take a look at it. very impressive set up

we were way off the pace or best time was a 6.0 at about 122 miles an hour.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is big worm a red Mustang turbo charged?I think that's who we lost to

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
well I had a blast this weekend that was our first time ever on 8.5 tire and the nitrous setup Jay I wish that I known that you were working on that car because I really want to come take a look at it. very impressive set up

we were way off the pace or best time was a 6.0 at about 122 miles an hour.

Hey bud!! i flew by you on the golf cart but we were running around in circles all weekend haha. Come by anytime! 8.5 is a blast. Which car were you with? Big Worm is the red turbo charged coupe. He's been getting better, car has serious potential just needs a little tune up on the front half!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

The red firebird. I have a video of your 5.40 run in qualifying, it was against us. you guys made us look REAL slow.

I was busy all weekend also. mark was running 2 classes. we were trying to slow the car down for the 10.60 class. We were trying to speed up (without spinning)in the 8.5 class.

8.5 is a very interesting class lots going on the tune and driving.

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

yes that is who we lost to by .07x

Drew how did the black mustang do?? how about don??

[ 2014-03-25, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The red firebird. I have a video of your 5.40 run in qualifying, it was against us. you guys made us look REAL slow.

I was busy all weekend also. mark was running 2 classes. we were trying to slow the car down for the 10.60 class. We were trying to speed up (without spinning)in the 8.5 class.

8.5 is a very interesting class lots going on the tune and driving.

oh nice!! that is a good looking car! Can you post that video up if possible? we just swapped front suspension and we are looking for more videos to watch it. but yeah that class is crazy, we've spent a long time trying to get down smooth and consistant. we've been 5.20's in Bako but we are shooting for a teen or 0 this year! Whats the combo in the bird?

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Pm me your cell # it is a cell phone video and I will send it to you. 420 cid and 2 stages of N02.

I think we will only run the 10.60 class for the rest of the year. TOO hard to try to run 2 classes IMO.

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
Pm me your cell # it is a cell phone video and I will send it to you. 420 cid and 2 stages of N02.

I think we will only run the 10.60 class for the rest of the year. TOO hard to try to run 2 classes IMO.

oh i gotcha. that is pretty damn hard to even run 1 class, let alone 2 !! I'll PM ya!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Our black Fox lost in E1 to the eventual runner up, (white notch), but we did finish with our fastest pass to date and the owner of the cars best reaction time ever. So we accomplished what we were looking to accomplish.

Don took out Sergio in the final and won the Mustang Madness class. [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Our black Fox lost in E1 to the eventual runner up, (white notch), but we did finish with our fastest pass to date and the owner of the cars best reaction time ever. So we accomplished what we were looking to accomplish.

Right on sounds good. In the eights correct? Glad to hear that Don won!!
[worship] [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, it runs in the 8's, but we were just focusing on the 1/8th mile stuff because that is what we will be running this weekend in WCHRA.

--------------------
AED

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, it runs in the 8's, but we were just focusing on the 1/8th mile stuff because that is what we will be running this weekend in WCHRA.
Please let us know how you all do this weekend. We will be rooting for you!!!

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Thanks John, will do! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

quote:

ps, it's Jon. Good luck

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:

ps, it's Jon. Good luck
I'm sure I knew that at some point. [Wink]

--------------------
AED

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

any update how'd you guys do

--------------------

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Just saw on FB that Greg ran a 5.64 in Wild Street. Didn't say if he won or lost.

[ 2014-03-31, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:

Just saw on FB that Greg ran a 5.64 in Wild Street. Didn't say if he won or lost.
wild Street / 275 was won by Eric G with a 4.56@160mph. AED was entered in Limited 10.5 with the black LX and went out first or second round. Was a great weekend though, extremely amazing tack prep and weather conditions. We actually won in Outlaw 8.5 and ran our personal best 5.09@146mph.

-
 -
 -

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Major props to jayl and Team Temporary! That car was on kill! [patriot]

We went out there like the bunch of newbs that we are. We missed a rule change for 2014 that banned the MT Pro DR that we had been testing on. So everything went out the window for us before we even made it through tech. Ended up buying a set of used 3 year old MT 28x10.5's and borrowing some 8 inch wheels just to be able to compete. First pass after the tire change was a 6.20 with a 1.68 60ft...lol. We did make progress on that tire though. Ended the weekend with our best pass which was a 5.75, 1.34 short time. We have a lot of work to do to become competitive in Limited 10.5, but we are going to stay after it. [burnout]

This is what we were working with...LOL

-

[ 2014-03-31, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
Major props to jayl and Team Temporary! That car was on kill! [patriot]

We went out there like the bunch of newbs that we are. We missed a rule change for 2014 that banned the MT Pro DR that we had been testing on. So everything went out the window for us before we even made it through tech. Ended up buying a set of used 3 year old MT 28x10.5's and borrowing some 8 inch wheels just to be able to compete. First pass after the tire change was a 6.20 with a 1.68 60ft...lol. We did make progress on that tire though. Ended the weekend with our best pass which was a 5.75, 1.34 short time. We have a lot of work to do to become competitive in Limited 10.5, but we are going to stay after it. [burnout]

thanks man! you guys did good for situation with the weight and tires!!! you'll get it straightened out and running with the field quick style!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My bad on the ET and class. Should never trust the internet.

-

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

John, you were correct on ET and class, but both were from the previous week at the PSCA event at Sac. This weekend was Limited 10.5 and WCHRA in Bako.

[ 2014-03-31, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
John, you were correct on ET and class, but both were from the previous week at the PSCA event at Sac. This weekend was Limited 10.5 and WCHRA in Bako.

Ah, got it. Just saw it today and thought it was from this weekend.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

jayl
¯
Member # 185

sweet tires!!!! lol

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Awesome job it's insane how fast you guys are going on 8.5 tire

Drew trust me you weren't the only one feeling like a newbie.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com