Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » street legal Wednesday Sac raceway (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: street legal Wednesday Sac raceway
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody going to the opening day at sac raceway ?? Feb 5, 2014 is the day. Im taking my slow ass 98 gt vert and try and break a low 15 sec pass but not holding my breath. So far all I havev is sr cai, catless x-pipe, hurst shifter and stage 2 clutch on 245 rear tires ..
Posts: 276 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2013  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I plan to hit up the track too

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell yea wednesday night drags
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im in too if i can find some sticky tires by then for the fox if not ill just run my ecobeast

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish they would allow full slicks to run that day. but i have heard of guys just showing up anyways without DOT tires.

WTF!

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Olie Malit:
i wish they would allow full slicks to run that day. but i have heard of guys just showing up anyways without DOT tires.

WTF!

unless the changed the rules you use to be able to run a full slick in the pro lane.

--------------------
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

65seth
¯
Member # 13384

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65seth  Ford pictures for 65seth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Olie Malit:

WTF!

Tech is very lenient on Wednesdays from my experience. Ive seen many people run full slicks last season....even open headers.
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully the bad new years motorcycle accident my buddy was in doesn't change the way they do things, as far as tech and rules,, also heard they are finally (thank jesus) re-paving the tarmac mid year or may something like that
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac Tech will be much more by the book in 2014......count on it.

Get your nose in the rule book, and abide by the rules that are in place for your safety, and the safety of the guy in the other lane.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Sac Tech will be much more by the book in 2014......count on it.

Get your nose in the rule book, and abide by the rules that are in place for your safety, and the safety of the guy in the other lane.

You think there will be alot of changes for us slow guys running 13-14 sec range ??
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have only been to one Sac wednesday street night. I was in my 04 cobra and they kicked me out for running faster than 11.5 even though i had all the required safety equipment.
Posts: 257 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

quote:
Originally posted by tgarlock:
I have only been to one Sac wednesday street night. I was in my 04 cobra and they kicked me out for running faster than 11.5 even though i had all the required safety equipment.

That doesn't sound right. You may in fact did not have all the proper equipment. Did you ask why you were kicked out?

--------------------
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beastly GT500 TVS:
quote:

That doesn't sound right. You may in fact did not have all the proper equipment. Did you ask why you were kicked out?
+1 their ppl running 10's n only get warnings, unless your a vert then I can see them telling u to stop running
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^I was warned by more then one person last time i went. No biggie tho, like notch1320 said the rules are there for a reason

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

They said on wednesday night it was only for street cars running 11.49 and slower, regardless of whether or not you have the right safety equipment. I had my 04 cobra with a wolfe 6 pt cage, harnesses, fire jacket and legal helmet.
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've heard of other things before. i've heard that sac wants the fast cars to come to sac because they put fans in the stands and even on week days.

now, i do have street tires/rims combination but i am running too short of a tire currently. they are 315/35/17 tires but they are warm out or almost. so i need to replace them with at least a 28 inch tall tire but a 29 would be better. but 17s are limited on tire size.

or when my current 10.5w tires are worn out, i might just replace them with a similar size like the 10.5w with a MT ET STREET dot tires so they are legal.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

They said on wednesday night it was only for street cars running 11.49 and slower, regardless of whether or not you have the right safety equipment. I had my 04 cobra with a wolfe 6 pt cage, harnesses, fire jacket and legal helmet.
This was the old time. Things have changed. With stock cars going faster than 11.5x's from the factory. They have move the time to 10. flat. I don't know when the last time you have gone. But They will let you run 10 flats on Wednesday with the right safety gear now. [patriot]

[ 2014-01-29, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This was the old time. Things have changed. With stock cars going faster than 11.5x's from the factory. They have move the time to 10. flat. I don't know when the last time you have gone. But They will let you run 10 flats on Wednesday with the right safety gear now. [patriot]
Yup this is true

--------------------
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

good know, thanks for the update on rules
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

i have two sets of wheels/tires and of course they are bias ply tires for track use and DR and radial tires on street wheels. the street wheels/tires are 17's are 17's are such hard sizes to get tires for that are taller than 26's.

i want to stick with just one set of tires now cuz its such a pain in the ass to change all the time. but the thing is, i need to find a front radial tire that will fit on a 15.3x5 rim that will work best.

i'd like to use 315/60/15 DR's but don't know if they will work well with bias ply fronts.

dammit, why can't we just run full slicks on wednesday's dammit!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who is going out to this I'm leaving stockton around 2:30-3:00 if any body else wants to roll

--------------------

Mercury God of Speed
¯
Member # 11645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercury God of Speed  Ford pictures for Mercury God of Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JZTRK:
Who is going out to this I'm leaving stockton around 2:30-3:00 if any body else wants to roll

Everybody say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to this guy when you see him run !!

--------------------
Ford Blue Blood. 68 XR7 390 X code Cougar, 95 GTS(sold) 95 GT(Donor) 06' GT Black on Black(sold)

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Last call
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

change of plans ill be there on sat for test n tune

--------------------

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

if i can get a hold of some 28'' tall DR's on 17'' wheels i might go next wednesday.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com