Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » new pb at TNT.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new pb at TNT.
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I knocked down my ET a little bit today at tnt. Ran a 10.81 @126.9 first pass of the day and couldn't get it below that on any other runs. lol Previous best was 10.87 @124, the only things I changed were lighter wheels, battery relocation, subframes, and removed cats. I tough it was going to pick up more then it did but I'm still happy with the results. Enjoy the vids

First run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpIegG8Bzc
gopro view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyEpdmGvlps

Vortek01gt vs BTLD GT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUOi1si6Cc

Best 60ft and got the left front wheel up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfx99wJKd4Q
gopro view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp02Pgi0OO0

last run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEDjms46ZLY

[ 2014-01-04, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: vortek01gt ]

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. What's your exhaust set up? Sounds good
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!

Depending on the fuel you run we may be able to go a little hotter on the tune, especially down low to help your centrifical get out of the hole.

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Congrats!

Depending on the fuel you run we may be able to go a little hotter on the tune, especially down low to help your centrifical get out of the hole.

Haha I was thinking about asking you that. The race tune was setup for like a 50/50 mix of 100 and 91 iirc, but i usually run all 100 octane when i race.

We can worry about that after i put a 6point roll bar in it tho. Can't go back until i do.

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Originally posted by POWERED BY FORD:
Congrats. What's your exhaust set up? Sounds good

Its stock manifolds, upr off road x-pipe, and slp lm1's.
I got your pm, but your inbox is full.

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahaha, i'm still faster than you! i did a 10.787 @ 126.9mph.

too bad you and i can't go heads up in th stick shift class in april in mustang day. the whole set up is out of the car now for a slushbox.

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Originally posted by Olie Malit:

too bad you and i can't go heads up in th stick shift class in april in mustang day. the whole set up is out of the car now for a slushbox.

AAAHHH damnit. Here i was all stoked that i would move up to #7 on the list but you just knocked me back to #8! Jk, thats a nice time man, we would have made one hell of a race too [Smile]

What kinda auto you going with?

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vortek01gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Olie Malit:

AAAHHH damnit. Here i was all stoked that i would move up to #7 on the list but you just knocked me back to #8! Jk, thats a nice time man, we would have made one hell of a race too [Smile]

What kinda auto you going with?

you and i would of been a bad ass heads up race and the winner will be made on RT. I'm getting away from the manual trans mainly due to a injury i have. second, i am surpassing the capacity of TQ and HP for the tko600 so i don't want to break it.

i don't like to refer to an auto as an auto because everybody runs manual valve body now that have to be manually shifted. so its more of a manual auto with no clutch [Big Grin] . therefore i like to just call it a slush box.

i'm going with a c6 because all the trans companies recommends a c6 for me due to the fact that i have a heavy car and the TQ a BBF makes. and the easy part is that my car is a original c6 car so no mods required.

when r u coming down next?

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com