Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Chevy vs. Ford Drag Race (July 6th) @ Sacramento Raceway (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Chevy vs. Ford Drag Race (July 6th) @ Sacramento Raceway
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cmiracer:
I am looking for two mustangs for a live shot with good day Sacramento channel 31....Must be around 10 second range, and look and sound good. Also need one Camaro, same requirements..
Need you there at 9am Saturday morning, will comp you a tech card for the race Sat. night.
Please call me at 916-895-1566
Thanks Tony Trimp

LOL I was on board tell you said good looking. [Frown]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83notcher  Ford pictures for 83notcher    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey tony its chris neal i raced the speedwagon jr. Im goin to be out there but not that early and mines a 13 second car but looks great and sounds good. Me and family will be there
Posts: 484 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey tony, i haven't been to the track a whole lot this last past season but i'm the large body mustang guy who has his mustang painted the same colors as the 49ers helmet and jerseys.

car looks good and sounds good but i'm only an 11 second car!

-

also, are we going to have to display our times in the 11.5 way or a 11.58 way?

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83notcher  Ford pictures for 83notcher    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You've got me beat nice car man hope to see it out there
83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

-
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My son & I are going to give it one more shot . Hope jrs are done on time & the event goes as planed.

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
cmiracer
Member # 13025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmiracer  Ford pictures for cmiracer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys for the support on the event, should be alot of fun...I went to Sonoma racing Thursday, and got a couple of Mustangs and a 10 sec wheel standing Camaro for tomorrow morning tv show. Looking forward to seeing all the nice cars...I bought an extra drum of VHT(track Bite) should see some fast times. The Channel 31 live shot is between 9:30 and 10am if interested in watching..See ya tomorrow gates open 3pm..
Tony

[ 2013-07-05, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: cmiracer ]

--------------------
CMIRACER

Posts: 8 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Jun 2013  |  :
Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't get to stay and watch the whole event. But it was a good time while I was there. Wind was blowing so
It wasn't that hot out.

It was funny watching the corvettes try and launch. They clearly aren't built for drag.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Flatline:
I didn't get to stay and watch the whole event. But it was a good time while I was there. Wind was blowing so
It wasn't that hot out.

It was funny watching the corvettes try and launch. They clearly aren't built for drag.

Neither are cobras if the get wheel hop bad things happen
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
was a great night out! just seemed like there wasn't as many vehicles like the last two years. i wish we would bring back the burnout contest again.

however, using tubes in my slicks helped me out tremendously!

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIGBALLFACTOR:
quote:
Originally posted by Flatline:
It wasn't that hot out.

Neither are cobras if the get wheel hop bad things happen
That's true. There were a bunch of stands not built for the strip. They just couldn't hook up.

There was a white termi that just spun spun spun

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had fun yesterday! i didnt race but went with my lady to support the ford fam [patriot]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Stangler
¯
Member # 12181

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangler  Ford pictures for Stangler    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a blast, made it to the final 5 (last Ford motor). I'm starting to like this bracket racing...

Nate

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natezoinks?feature=mhee

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
83 notcher (Chirs) vs vortek01gt (tony)

not the best quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxt0w6oC_M8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDWm8nJVfd76yqKKpZkrPPQ

tony was your best time the 11.2? idk i got there around 5:30 or did you break into 10's?

[ 2013-07-07, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: SwEeT03Gt ]

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangler:
I had a blast, made it to the final 5 (last Ford motor). I'm starting to like this bracket racing...

Nate

I remember you. I made it to the final 9. Too bad my nitrous wasn't working correctly.. I was the slowest one haha

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWSN95:
quote:

Nate

I remember you. I made it to the final 9. Too bad my nitrous wasn't working correctly.. I was the slowest one haha
nick what was your best time?

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
quote:

Nate

yours was the one with the black wing?
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No. All blue with black wheels

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:

not the best quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxt0w6oC_M8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUDWm8nJVfd76yqKKpZkrPPQ

tony was your best time the 11.2? idk i got there around 5:30 or did you break into 10's?

Hey Jose, thanks for the video. Its at a better angle. There was a problem and I couldn't upload my racegas tune, so I was only on my street tune. I was a lil upset about that cuz I think if I had the extra hp I would have been in the tens. But yes my best was that 11.2 run.

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by vortek01gt:
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:

not the best quality

Hey Jose, thanks for the video. Its at a better angle. There was a problem and I couldn't upload my racegas tune, so I was only on my street tune. I was a lil upset about that cuz I think if I had the extra hp I would have been in the tens. But yes my best was that 11.2 run.
i got a few more recorded i'll upload later lol to tired took me 4 hours to get home today from yuba city, also lighter front end rims would help out too
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ ya I brought the skinnys but forgot the spacers to clear the cobra brakes. I got the left front off the ground just a lil bit
 -

I missed a gear on this pass but the launch looked sick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3fGSNzHc4

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

quote:
Originally posted by vortek01gt:
^^^ ya I brought the skinnys but forgot the spacers to clear the cobra brakes. I got the left front off the ground just a lil bit
 -

I missed a gear on this pass but the launch looked sick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV3fGSNzHc4

nice!
83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

Damn my dad was racin in this video. He was chunking it everytime haha. He cant find 3rd gear to save his life.
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Originally posted by 83notcher:
Damn my dad was racin in this video. He was chunking it everytime haha. He cant find 3rd gear to save his life.

haha ya I noticed it bogging on the launch earlier in the day. nice car man! what was your best?

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

Stangler
¯
Member # 12181

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangler  Ford pictures for Stangler    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Nate

Which car was yours?

Here's mine.

-

Anybody got video, let me know. Thanks!

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natezoinks?feature=mhee

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com