Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Chevy vs. Ford Drag Race (July 6th) @ Sacramento Raceway (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Chevy vs. Ford Drag Race (July 6th) @ Sacramento Raceway
cmiracer
Member # 13025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmiracer  Ford pictures for cmiracer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6th annual CHEVY VS. FORD Drag Race
Call or text (916)-895-1566. or go to the site for more race info.
http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/CMIFLIERS13/chevyvsfords13.html

[ 2013-06-26, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: cmiracer ]

--------------------
CMIRACER

Posts: 8 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Jun 2013  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think i got my clutch situation figured out and broken in, and my new slicks/tubes ordered. i'm trying to make it.

hopefully i don't get anymore rolling thru the beams at the christmas light when i'm two stepping the car and my foot in the clutch. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
cmiracer
Member # 13025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cmiracer  Ford pictures for cmiracer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read some of the threads, wanted to let you guys know how we are going to format it this year. We make changes each year adjusting to racers comments & suggestions. Gates open at 3pm. Time trials start at 4pm. Racing at 6pm. Chevy's will be in lanes 1,2,3. Ford's will be in 4,5,6. Tech will be in lane 7.
Ford's will race Chevy's all night to determine a winner, At the end of the night we will race the winner vs. the last eliminated chevy or ford for king of the hill bragging rights, an extra $100 and a trophy. Plaque for biggest club participation, make sure you list on tech card your club name.

--------------------
CMIRACER

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But it looks like your going to have the JR drags there? If so not going to waist time and money . ford v chevy should be the only event! [Mad]

[ 2013-06-26, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: 93 hatch ]

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 hatch:
But it looks like your going to have the JR drags there? If so not going to waist time and money . ford v chevy should be the only event! [Mad]

They are kids dude....they deserve a place and chance to race at an event just like you do.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not saying they dont. The track should have ran them or us on different day. I'm not trying to be a dick Just not going to sac events anymore when they run jr drags or hondas with us.I know i'm not the only person who feels this way !!!

[ 2013-06-26, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: 93 hatch ]

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
cmiracer
Member # 13025

Gates open at 8am for jrs..... Racing at 9am. They will finish up between 2 and 3, there maybe some jrs. packing up and leaving. Shouldn't interfere with evening event. Gates open for Chevy vs Ford at 3pm, so if you arrive at noon you will be there during the Jr. event.

--------------------
CMIRACER

cmiracer
Member # 13025

Just an FYI. We ran Hondas two years ago, which was a favor for the promoter who rented the track the next day. He asked to qualify 8 cars for his event. realizing the mistake didn't happen again. My goal is to try and have a fun event for everyone, giving all a place to race.. 916-896-1566

--------------------
CMIRACER

83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83notcher  Ford pictures for 83notcher    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be there time to woop on some chevs
Posts: 484 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Mustang event that was just held there had Jr Dragsters running during the entire event and traction suffered when we had to sit out and wait for the Jr's to go. Their narrow width did not keep the track hot. Traction was very inconsistent that day. Talk to the Jr's, I'll bet they were pissed that they had to wait for us!! Separate the events and stop combining them.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The last time i went, i actually enjoyed watching the honda guys battle it out. it gave us time to cool down our motors.

also, i loved the burnout contest! if i get eliminated early before the break, i may want to bolt up my street DR's to murder them off that night.

cmiracer
Member # 13025

The event in which you guys might be referring to is called all fast fords, April 14th. Different event, different promoter. We run the Chevy vs. Ford
event once a year always in July...

--------------------
CMIRACER

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cmiracer:
The event in which you guys might be referring to is called all fast fords, April 14th. Different event, different promoter. We run the Chevy vs. Ford
event once a year always in July...

Awesome.... Cuz that was annoying waiting for the jr dragsters. Really looking forward to this event tho!

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
gregvan30
¯
Member # 8298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregvan30  Ford pictures for gregvan30  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jr's never finish on time, won't be going either
Posts: 142 | From: sonoma ca. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It sure would be nice if we had less whining and more people showing support for the local track at an event like this. Obviously, year after year they have strived to improve the Ford vs. Chevy show. If you have a suggestion, post it, or PM the OP.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
It sure would be nice if we had less whining and more people showing support for the local track at an event like this. Obviously, year after year they have strived to improve the Ford vs. Chevy show. If you have a suggestion, post it, or PM the OP.

This is so true its drag racing not needle point
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be there in my car. Hope my clutch holds up with a 100 shot [burnout]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there in my chevy routing for fords tho!
my ball joint broke so cant take my car :/

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

i just put tubes in my tires so hopefully i can get 3 test hits before eliminations. and of course have an idea what the car should run before then.

now will it be like the other years where we only have to post up a 10.5, 11.5, or a 12.5? at summit et races we usually have to mark up something like 10.59, 11.52, or 12.56.

whats it gonna be?

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna have to agree about the JR's.
Nothing more annoying that running 2 events at once. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Also never been a fan of having this event in July. Always too hot to have a good time. Spring or Fall would be much better IMO.

You won't find me racing in the dead heat of July/August.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Nothing more annoying that running 2 events at once. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Also never been a fan of having this event in July. Always too hot to have a good time. Spring or Fall would be much better IMO.

But you could run both events
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

^^^^^Hahahahaha
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIGBALLFACTOR:
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:

But you could run both events
Sold the JR, it was too fast for me.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
cmiracer
Member # 13025

I am looking for two mustangs for a live shot with good day Sacramento channel 31....Must be around 10 second range, and look and sound good. Also need one Camaro, same requirements..
Need you there at 9am Saturday morning, will comp you a tech card for the race Sat. night.
Please call me at 916-895-1566
Thanks Tony Trimp

--------------------
CMIRACER

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cmiracer:
I am looking for two mustangs for a live shot with good day Sacramento channel 31....Must be around 10 second range, and look and sound good. Also need one Camaro, same requirements..
Need you there at 9am Saturday morning, will comp you a tech card for the race Sat. night.
Please call me at 916-895-1566
Thanks Tony Trimp

should have waited to pull my motor [Mad]

--------------------
91' Notch

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com