Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Remaining 2013 Heads Up Race Schedule (WCHRA - NMCA West - PCSA) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Remaining 2013 Heads Up Race Schedule (WCHRA - NMCA West - PCSA)
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
yep NHRA legal ballast (secured to chassis/car) we have pucks that get drilled through with a bolt wherever we need to add weight. there are weight bars you can, a few options out there!

Thank you sir [patriot]

You happen to know what the avg weight of the cars are sans any ballast?

I guess what i'm asking is if they are close to making weight and just need a little to comply or are they featherweights with very strategic ballast plaecement?

Our SN95 single turbo SBF mustang could easily hit 2900lbs with driver/fuel if we wanted! My freinds nitrous SBC mustang comes in at 2500lbs w/ driver easily! Crazy what you can do!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
quote:
yep NHRA legal ballast (secured to chassis/car) we have pucks that get drilled through with a bolt wherever we need to add weight. there are weight bars you can, a few options out there!

Thank you sir [patriot]

You happen to know what the avg weight of the cars are sans any ballast?

I guess what i'm asking is if they are close to making weight and just need a little to comply or are they featherweights with very strategic ballast plaecement?

Our SN95 single turbo SBF mustang could easily hit 2900lbs with driver/fuel if we wanted! My freinds nitrous SBC mustang comes in at 2500lbs w/ driver easily! Crazy what you can do!
DAMN! So we're talking 700lbs of ballast for them to make weight??? [Eek!] [Confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well a small block nitrous car on the MT could potentially be 2750 if I remember right! All depends on the combo. Not everyone races at 3400 because they have a bad dude combo. We are at 3200ish because under 360inch, 88mm reducer (98mm turbo), non intercooled, etc.....just gotta read the rules and build what works for you! Lots of trial and error though. We raced 2 years in Limited 10.5 just getting a handle on things.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might need a ballast as my cars been on a serious diet

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright getting ready for this what's a good time to get out there so I can shoot the s*** and pick people's brains without getting in the way?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

as long as things to go plan.....we'll be there early on Friday to get situated for the TNT that night. We should be onsite by 3 or 4ish. Most guys will come early and setup the trailers since they leave them overnight. Look in the 8.5 section of the pits and we have a white square body F250 and a silver mustang with bandaids on the side lol

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I won't be there until late Friday night, as I'm just coming to watch and help where needed. The racers and pits are open, so walking around will allow you to see the cars up close and shoot the shit. Have someone direct you to Tim Rigby so you can introduce yourself and ask any specific class questions you might have to the man himself.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

So is it better to just come down on Fri for TNT to allow more time to check things out and ask questions [Confused]

Or would Sat be better for racing action?

I just don't want to get in the way during race day [burnout]

I will try and look for you guys and introduce myself so one of you can maybe point me to "THE MAN" but to make things easier just keep an eye out for an asian guy wearing an FFTEC MOTORSPORTS t-shirt [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say Saturday would be best. Racing will carry on into the night since its a one day event. I will keep an eye out for you!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I would say Saturday would be best. Racing will carry on into the night since its a one day event. I will keep an eye out for you!

Thanks my name is Pat!

See ya Sat i'll be sure to bring along some adult type beverages for those not racing [patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com