Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Remaining 2013 Heads Up Race Schedule (WCHRA - NMCA West - PCSA) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Remaining 2013 Heads Up Race Schedule (WCHRA - NMCA West - PCSA)
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WCHRA

JULY 13th: (Sat Night Nitro!) ..TRUE 10.5 , OUT 8.5 & LIM 10.5 @ Famoso

SEPT 14-15th: WCHRA/SUMMIT ..including Pro Slammers & S/E A Famoso

NMCA West

September 6-8, 2013 – LAS VEGAS, NV – NMCA WEST goes to The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for first time with the Unlimited Products NMCA WEST Street Car Nationals. Late & early-model all-domestic drag racing. Bracket racing and True Street racing for competitors of all levels. NMCA WEST class racers compete for NHRA Wallys! Large manufacturers midway. For information call (714) 444-2426 or visit <a href="http://www.NMCAdigital.com/NV." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.NMCAdigital.com/NV.</a>

October 25-27, 2013 – The NMCA WEST World Street Finals is where champions are crowned at Auto Club Famoso Dragway. Bracket racing and True Street racing for competitors of all levels. NMCA WEST class racers compete for NHRA Wallys! Large manufacturers midway. For information call (714) 444-2426 or visit <a href="http://www.NMCAdigital.com/CA." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.NMCAdigital.com/CA.</a>

PSCA

Mickey Thompson Tires "West Coast Nationals"
October 4 - 6 / Las Vegas, NV.

November 14 - 17 /Las Vegas, NV.
Street Car Super Nationals IX

[ 2013-06-13, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for posting the info!

BTW can you anyone on here answer some class specific questions for me or anyone specific per association to contact regarding rules on a future project?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
Thanks for posting the info!

BTW can you anyone on here answer some class specific questions for me or anyone specific per association to contact regarding rules on a future project?

PM Sent
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Woo!!! We'll be out there trying to get it done haha.

Everyone should check out some of these events. Can't beat the nastiest small tire heads up monsters in the state gettin down!! Freak show 8.5 is a blast and my friends are tearing up TT5 !

-

-

-

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

I will be at the July race J.
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How strict are they in regards to what interior pieces are necessary and are things like aftermarket door panels allowed to make room for the door bars on the cage?

I may have a few more ?'s for you guys that are into the 8.5 racing but maybe i should start a separate thread so i don't clutter this up [Smile]

I figure i'll get some good useful info here as it seems that there are plenty of Mustangs that run in that class.....

BTW what is the average ET/MPH for these cars as i'm interested in building something but want to be sure it will be competitive of course [Razz]

Thanks all!

[ 2013-06-17, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Sorry DP

[ 2013-06-17, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
I will be at the July race J.

Oh awesome!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:
How strict are they in regards to what interior pieces are necessary and are things like aftermarket door panels allowed to make room for the door bars on the cage?

I may have a few more ?'s for you guys that are into the 8.5 racing but maybe i should start a separate thread so i don't clutter this up [Smile]

I figure i'll get some good useful info here as it seems that there are plenty of Mustangs that run in that class.....

BTW what is the average ET/MPH for these cars as i'm interested in building something but want to be sure it will be competitive of course [Razz]

Thanks all!

Not strict on the door panel stuff at all. factory appearing is nice but aluminum (painted usually) are all over when we go. This class went crazy on the ET/MPH this season. The 4 second barrier was broken 3 times. Avg times now are between 5.30@135mph to 4.99@152 mph....I would definitely go head to toe on the WCHRA 8.5 rules section. You can build some nasty combos at a light weight when done right. What are you building? I tried to respond to your PM but your box was full. The car I crew on is less than 3250 raceweight w/ 88mm reducer on a 330" motor. look at your weight breaks!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
quote:

Thanks all!

Not strict on the door panel stuff at all. factory appearing is nice but aluminum (painted usually) are all over when we go. This class went crazy on the ET/MPH this season. The 4 second barrier was broken 3 times. Avg times now are between 5.30@135mph to 4.99@152 mph....I would definitely go head to toe on the WCHRA 8.5 rules section. You can build some nasty combos at a light weight when done right. What are you building? I tried to respond to your PM but your box was full. The car I crew on is less than 3250 raceweight w/ 88mm reducer on a 330" motor. look at your weight breaks!
Man thanks for the info Notch1320 was nice enough to pm me the contact info of the guys that run PSCA, WCHRA, & NMCA and i plan to give them a call to run things by them as there are lots of specifics that we don't really have in the few import races locally!

Sorry about the pm box veing full it should now be cleared if you'd like to continue chatting that way.

I have more ?'s regarding the rear suspension set-up and if it will be legal as i know almost anything goes in regards to how the rear axle is located and also ?'s about weight penalities etc if say for example the turbo size is larger than 88mm [Confused]

I'd kinda like to keep the build on the d/l for now as i'm still neck deep with my Evo for this year but i have begun the tear-down and will make a build thread to share [Wink]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Don't worry about cluttering up this thread. I think myself and jayl are the only two who give a shit about this stuff on here. The guys I sent you are the ones to ask specifics on rules.

Come join us in July at Bako..... You can probably get all your answers face to face with Tim and the other racers.

[ 2013-06-17, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Don't worry about cluttering up this thread. I think myself and jayl are the only two who give a shit about this stuff on here. The guys I sent you are the ones to ask specifics on rules.

Come join us in July at Bako..... You can probably get all your answers face to face with Tim and the other racers.

I def would like to make it out to an event just to see what i'm getting myself into but this 8.5 tire class seems like it's a good way to have some good competition and fun/close racing while still being able to stay within a reasonable budget.

Once i'm done racing the Evo and have either sold or de-modded it i will get more involved in the new build and i will be on the phone with those guys you listed very soon.

Is there any pros/cons when comparing WCHRA/PSCA/NMCA and how they are run as i'd like to stay away from needless BS i just want to race, have some fun, and learn as much as i can [burnout]

[ 2013-06-17, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

I have never done anything with the PSCA so I can't touch on that. I will say the NMCA races I have attended, there were a few issues I had with them, but in my opinion not too bad of a deal to race at. Tim and the WCHRA is 100% all about the racers. Tim has bent over backwards to make everything fair and put on a good race for everyone involved even if it means taking no profit money in return. I myself have been racing with the NHRA for quite a while now and was not happy with numerous things that go one there. I'm making some big changes to my program, and will be racing in the WCHRA in the future. I would suggest attending an event from each organization and feel things out. I am doing just that for the remainder of this season while my car is apart and I will be assisting a few different cars in 8.5. I hope to see you out there soon with something different from the norm!

Be sure to study the rules for the class you are looking at and compare them between each sanction. Find the combo that works with minimal changes to carry over from one to another and look at the weights!

[ 2013-06-17, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

jayl
¯
Member # 185

WCHRA is the place to be! Wont find a better group of racers and support from the management anywhere!

Come check it out to get a feel and you can check out our car we run. Showing up to a race is a good way to see what direction you want to head with things. Everyone is cool about their stuff. There isn't one "secret" to let out that would let anyone dominate haha. Shit is very competitive though! Come on down in July if you can. Should be the fastest times yet on 8.5s!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am also interested in building something for the 8.5 if you guys can help me with info also that would be great .. Thanks in advance guys

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
I am also interested in building something for the 8.5 if you guys can help me with info also that would be great .. Thanks in advance guys

PM Sent
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

OK i'm gunna do my best to make it down to the July 13th race as my schedule looks free and the wifey said it's fine.

I think it will help decide which class to race in.

What are your thoughts on Outlaw 8.5 vs. Limited 10.5?

I have a feeling Outlaw 10.5 would be out of my reach but i'd like to see what i'm up against [dance]

Guess i should hang on to my MT's then but i do have 4 total so if anyone needs a set lmk [Wink]

[ 2013-06-18, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

quote:

It's a fun class for sure! Very challenging on that little tire! You guys should all try to make it out and talk to the director (Tim) and the racers. Our pits are always open! and full of beer and shit talking fun! haha

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

It's a fun class for sure! Very challenging on that little tire! You guys should all try to make it out and talk to the director (Tim) and the racers. Our pits are always open! and full of beer and shit talking fun! haha
Ill definitely try to come by and say hi and grab a cold one [Big Grin]
But yea I've been wanting to get in so badly lately ..so me and a friend have started with a coupe to build already installed a cage and custom subframes and plan to add more soon and have also just got a heart for this car so supporting parts will be next but I need to know the ins and outs so I won't have any issues with rules after the car is done.. Plan to have it done the first week of oct

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

jayl
¯
Member # 185

This is the best study guide there is!

http://www.westcoasthotrod.com/rules/out.html

Read up and down and you see what you can and can't do. Lots of ways to make cool combos with a decent weight.

Limited 10.5 is another fun one. More restricted but better entry level racing for sure. 28" tire as well.

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:

Read up and down and you see what you can and can't do. Lots of ways to make cool combos with a decent weight.

Limited 10.5 is another fun one. More restricted but better entry level racing for sure. 28" tire as well.

Thanks for the link!!

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:

I must have read that about 100 times already lol along with the PSCA and NMCA rules which are quite similar.

So enlighten me as to what happens if say a single turbo (88mm) SB car w/ driver weighs in under the required weight 3300lbs?

Do they require you to run some sort of ballast weight or penalize you another way?

If weight is added are you allowed to place that where you like in the car [Confused]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

yep NHRA legal ballast (secured to chassis/car) we have pucks that get drilled through with a bolt wherever we need to add weight. there are weight bars you can, a few options out there!

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

quote:
yep NHRA legal ballast (secured to chassis/car) we have pucks that get drilled through with a bolt wherever we need to add weight. there are weight bars you can, a few options out there!

Thank you sir [patriot]

You happen to know what the avg weight of the cars are sans any ballast?

I guess what i'm asking is if they are close to making weight and just need a little to comply or are they featherweights with very strategic ballast plaecement?

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Some cars have a bunch of ballast! The nice thing is, you can add it where you like.... or where the car likes it. Be sure to check the NHRA rules on ballast as well as far an mounting and any specifics with it. I can e-mail you a PDF of the latest NHRA rule book if either of you need it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com