Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Fast Fords & mustang (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fast Fords & mustang
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That might be fun if I get the cage in and can then double my boost and run it out. Yes, registration would be good. And you have to drive it there! DOT tires. A pro tree in the car is tough. How about a 5 tenths pro tree? I always thought that would be a fun one in the car. Deep staging allowed?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
The ruels im working on for the next even, some time in september, are late model, one power adder and no bigger than a 28x10.5 stick shift class, heads up pro tree. [/QB][/QUOTE]

You would have to make sure that there aren't so many rules that you only get 5 cars in the class. Also, if they are DOT tires then you better let it go to 11.5, since most 17" drag radials and 17" ET Street bias ply's are 275's or 11.50's.

5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
were on the same page..although i just got rid of my dot tires..

--------------------
91' Notch

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
Nope, this is it. Sorry, they're from the wrong event.

-

I remember watching this car race at Sear's Point in the 90s back when I was a regular there! Stock motored 13's on Mcrearys sound familiar? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Yep, that was me! McCreary's on 10 holes. Those tires sucked! Glen with the green 67 428 4 spd Fastback told me to get those. They weren't much better than my street tires. I bought the car in 95 and have been racing it every since. It ran 14.51 @ 94mph the first night out bone stock. That was a long time and many mods ago!!

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Glen with the green 67 428 4 spd Fastback told me to get those.

What ever happened to Glen? I really liked his green fastback but didn't see him out there after the 90's.

[ 2013-04-27, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

He moved to Idaho I believe. I am pretty sure that my dad said that he saw his name in National Dragster last year for being the track champion there.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
my dad said that he saw his name in National Dragster last year for being the track champion there.

Should be a shock to no one [Wink] He was always a good all around guy!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Glen with the green 67 428 4 spd Fastback told me to get those.

What ever happened to Glen? I really liked his green fastback but didn't see him out there after the 90's.
yea i remember glen he was there every wednsday the stick shift fastback nice guy.I wonder what happened to junior he drove a 99-01 cobra he was there alot back in the day as well

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yep, that was me! McCreary's on 10 holes. Those tires sucked! Glen with the green 67 428 4 spd Fastback told me to get those. They weren't much better than my street tires. I bought the car in 95 and have been racing it every since. It ran 14.51 @ 94mph the first night out bone stock. That was a long time and many mods ago!!

Those tires aren't that bad. They are dirt track tires, but work ok on the street. I used to run them way back in the day, before there were 30+ dr's on the market. Used to be called American racers. They were the sleeper tires back in the 90"s. You didn't have choices, it was either a full slick or cheater slick. You could show up on McCreary's and all most know one had a clue. Today we are spoiled on the choices of tire brand and sizes. Nice look hot rod you got there.

-

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com