Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Fast Fords & mustang (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fast Fords & mustang
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who's going?

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
gregvan30
¯
Member # 8298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gregvan30  Ford pictures for gregvan30  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
see u there, joe and i leaving 7am. do to op eration on rotator-cup i can't drive and Joe is going to. He hasn't driven since Pinks 2010

--------------------
gregvan30

Posts: 142 | From: sonoma ca. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SL302
¯
Member # 9218

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SL302  Ford pictures for SL302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what time does it end??
Posts: 61 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Flatline
¯
Member # 12081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flatline  Ford pictures for Flatline    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pretty good turn out today. Went with my son to watch everyone race. Had a great time, Blew a header gasket on the way home.

Lots of fast cars today. I noticed there were a bunch of street cars struttin their stuff. Good to see people wrenching on their daily drivers and laying down some rubber.

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was cool to see all the Fords, but combining this event with the Jr Dragsters was a big mistake. I was unaware that the Jr Dragsters would be racing all day. That added to a lot of waiting around and I think it hurt traction.

I only had one decent 60ft and that was when the Jr Dragsters stayed off the track for a while and we put more cars down the track without a break and it stayed hot. My 60fts were way off from Sonoma's Wednesday night prep, which is not nearly as good as their weekend prep.

Anyway, it was a good idea, but I just wish that when they do a Ford or Mustang event, they would dedicate the track to only that event. We had planned on doing some grudge runs after we got eliminated in Hot Rod, but we had already been there so long waiting around for JR's, that we just wanted to get home after the 3rd round of Hot Rod.

I was happy that I took out the Pinto drag car and the 67 Fastback drag car on huge slicks with my 5-speed street car on DOT tires, but I spun too much against the Falcon drag car in the 3rd round. It was fun and challenging running against the 10 second open header drag cars. That will take some getting used to.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Stangler
¯
Member # 12181

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangler  Ford pictures for Stangler    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree, the Jr's were too much, and the fact that they ran 2 races that day... we started 1st round at 3:30pm.... Crazy day...

Hot Rod runner up, WOOT!

Nate

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/Natezoinks?feature=mhee

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!

Which car were you in and which car won?

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Stangler
¯
Member # 12181

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangler  Ford pictures for Stangler    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in the Red 88 coupe with the turbo. A guy in a red early mustang won. He was part of team Sac. Really nice guy. It was a great day.

Nate

--------------------

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
It was cool to see all the Fords, but combining this event with the Jr Dragsters was a big mistake. I was unaware that the Jr Dragsters would be racing all day. That added to a lot of waiting around and I think it hurt traction.

I only had one decent 60ft and that was when the Jr Dragsters stayed off the track for a while and we put more cars down the track without a break and it stayed hot. My 60fts were way off from Sonoma's Wednesday night prep, which is not nearly as good as their weekend prep.

Anyway, it was a good idea, but I just wish that when they do a Ford or Mustang event, they would dedicate the track to only that event. We had planned on doing some grudge runs after we got eliminated in Hot Rod, but we had already been there so long waiting around for JR's, that we just wanted to get home after the 3rd round of Hot Rod.

I was happy that I took out the Pinto drag car and the 67 Fastback drag car on huge slicks with my 5-speed street car on DOT tires, but I spun too much against the Falcon drag car in the 3rd round. It was fun and challenging running against the 10 second open header drag cars. That will take some getting used to.

Ya i couldn't get a good 60ft all day long either. There were sooo many of them racing too. when they were handing out trophys at the end there was like 4-5 cars and about 15 junior dragsters.

It was a long day but still alot of fun. I took the win in the stick shift class........even tho there were only 3 cars in that class a win is a win!
 -

--------------------
2001 GT s-trim h/c t56 AED tuned
456hp 415ftlb 10psi-street
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race
11.26@121mph 1.57 60ft-street
10.81@126mph 1.56 60ft-race

Posts: 622 | From: martinez CA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Nice!!

Damn, I should have done that one. After going under 11.41 and 11.46 with my 4.1" blower pulley which gives me 6psi, I slowed it down so I wouldn't piss them off by going under 11.50. I backed the timing down to only 17 degrees total from 4000rpm and up and that put me right where your dial in is in the photo. We would have had a great heads-up race!!

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangler:
I was in the Red 88 coupe with the turbo. A guy in a red early mustang won. He was part of team Sac. Really nice guy. It was a great day.

Nate

We ran in the 3rd round & i broke out by .004.mine is the white 93 hatch

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by vortek01gt:
quote:

Ya i couldn't get a good 60ft all day long either. There were sooo many of them racing too. when they were handing out trophys at the end there was like 4-5 cars and about 15 junior dragsters.

It was a long day but still alot of fun. I took the win in the stick shift class........even tho there were only 3 cars in that class a win is a win!
 -

i was on my way out there to race in that class, one hood pin decided to break right when i headed out so i turned around...so pissed i didnt make it

--------------------
91' Notch

Stangler
¯
Member # 12181

quote:
Originally posted by 93 hatch:
quote:
Originally posted by Stangler:

Nate

We ran in the 3rd round & i broke out by .004.mine is the white 93 hatch
That was a tight race. Nice to meet ya, great lookin car!

--------------------

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

What car were you in? Got a Pic?
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
tgarlock
¯
Member # 8645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tgarlock  Ford pictures for tgarlock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a fun day for sure. Glad I decided to go. I ended up winning the "street muscle" class in my 2002 Lightning. Still looking for a mustang to go racing with a little more often in though.
Posts: 257 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vortek01gt  Ford pictures for vortek01gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tgarlock:
It was a fun day for sure. Glad I decided to go. I ended up winning the "street muscle" class in my 2002 Lightning. Still looking for a mustang to go racing with a little more often in though.

congras on the win man! nice to be able to put a face to your screen name. Super nice truck! nice talkin to ya....true blue ftw [patriot]

[ 2013-04-15, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: vortek01gt ]

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

vortek01gt
¯
Member # 10149

quote:
Nice!!

Damn, I should have done that one. After going under 11.41 and 11.46 with my 4.1" blower pulley which gives me 6psi, I slowed it down so I wouldn't piss them off by going under 11.50. I backed the timing down to only 17 degrees total from 4000rpm and up and that put me right where your dial in is in the photo. We would have had a great heads-up race!!

Ya i actually thought the stick shift class was a heads up category, but i was wrong. I wanted the car to go faster but oh well, cant argue with consistency. ran 11.92 four times in a row

--------------------
478hp 427ftlb 12psi-race

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

It was supposed to be a heads-up class, according to the flyer, which really didn't make any sense at all. Anyway, I figured I'd throw in the extra $15 for a shot at the money.

ItzStock, mine was the Reef Blue (looks green)93 Hatch on stock Pony's.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Oh OK. I was wondering if yours was the tubbed purple hatch. Curious what that Guy had.
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Nope, this is it. Sorry, they're from the wrong event.

-

-

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
It was supposed to be a heads-up class, according to the flyer, which really didn't make any sense at all. Anyway, I figured I'd throw in the extra $15 for a shot at the money.

It was supposed to be a heads up pot class, but with only 3 cars in it we jsut made it a braket class
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Like I said in the original message about this event when someone suggested a manual trans class, it is not competitive and is pretty much pointless to make it heads-up. I would only enter it if I had my cage in and could run in the 10's and I still wouldn't expect to win. Nobody would enter the class after they see a car with big slicks and a turbo show up, so you know the class would be extremely small.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Like I said in the original message about this event when someone suggested a manual trans class, it is not competitive and is pretty much pointless to make it heads-up. I would only enter it if I had my cage in and could run in the 10's and I still wouldn't expect to win. Nobody would enter the class after they see a car with big slicks and a turbo show up, so you know the class would be extremely small.

thats the best part of a heads up manual class! never know whats going to happen..pissed i couldnt make it

--------------------
91' Notch

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The ruels im working on for the next even, some time in september, are late model, one power adder and no bigger than a 28x10.5 stick shift class, heads up pro tree.
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
quote:

The ruels im working on for the next even, some time in september, are late model, one power adder and no bigger than a 28x10.5 stick shift class, heads up pro tree.
and full glass, w/ registration and insurance lol

--------------------
91' Notch

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com