Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1st time to the track in the sn95

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1st time to the track in the sn95
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so me and my lil bro went to sonoma raceway last wed(4/3/13), I've been wanting to go for a long time to see where the car actually is at . I've been working on this 94 GT 5spd trans for a while now slowly putting it together as best I can afford. we got there early , and I was able to make 8 runs , 4 just for time" , and 3 wins 1 lose in the elimination part E4. I raced in GJ class.
so the results my best 1/4 time was 14.536(14.5 dial)
best R/T .006 ! BEST 60 FT 2.06 best trap speed 96mph. pretty much ran 14 something all night.
I had a great time, and was glad nothing broke, I did expect the car to be faster(was hoping for low 13's) , but I think its me not the car so much, because I spin the tires a lil too much at the start. I have street tires too, and didn't do any burn outs .

[ 2013-04-25, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: MACK.GT ]

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MACK.GT:
so me and my lil bro went to sonoma raceway last wed(4/3/13), I've been wanting to go for a long time to see where the car actually is at . I've been working on this 94 GT 5spd trans for a while now slowly putting it together as best I can afford. we got there early , and I was able to make 8 runs , 4 just for time" , and 3 wins 1 lose in the elimination part E4. I raced in GJ class.
so the results my best 1/4 time was 14.536(14.5 dial)
best R/T .006 ! BEST 60 FT 2.06 best trap speed 96mph. pretty much ran 14 something all night.
I had a great time, and was glad nothing broke, I did expect the car to be faster(was hoping for low 13's) , but I think its me not the car so much, because I spin the tires a lil too much at the start. I have street tires too, and didn't do any burn outs .

Based on your best trap speed it seems as if you're going to be stuck in the 14's for awhile. 96mph is typically good for low 14's with 1.8 or lower 60' times in a car around 33-3400lbs. If you're car is lighter you might be able to break down into the 13's quicker. Also I've heard about the head wind at sonoma, so that could be slowing you down at the top end as well.

Glad you had fun, I know I always do when I hit the track.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, yeah it was fun and Ill definetly be back. I've been talking about my shift points with a couple people, cuz I was granny shiftin and NOT double clutchin like I should! I also shifted at or around 5500 in every gear. So well see next time
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MACK.GT:
Thanks, yeah it was fun and Ill definetly be back. I've been talking about my shift points with a couple people, cuz I was granny shiftin and NOT double clutchin like I should! I also shifted at or around 5500 in every gear. So well see next time

Most close to stock 5.0's powerband falls off before 5500rpm, so you may want to shift sooner except for first gear. Take first gear up high since its not that long and that will help you stay in the powerband once you hit 2nd gear.

Take everything reasonable out of the car. Spare tire, jack, tools, back seat, front passenger seat, stuff in the glove compartment etc. If you're carrying all of that stuff you could shed 100lbs or more off of your cars weight in some cases.

If you can afford it, get some slicks or drag radials and do huge burnouts. On street tires a huge burn out doesnt really do any good, so do a quick burn out to clean off your tires and save your tread.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

I did some of those things for today, and also removed the front sway bar and smog pump. And went 14.3 @99.6mph. So thanks for the good advice.
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ran a 13.6 @98mph with a 1.9 60' in my 95 gt..mods are longtubes w/ o/r hpipe, 3.73s, and adjustqble rear shocks on M/T et streets

[ 2013-05-27, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: coupe5oh ]

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey OP, whats the mods on the 94?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
i ran a 13.6 @98mph with a 1.9 60' in my 95 gt..mods are longtubes w/ o/r hpipe, 3.73s, and adjustqble rear shocks on M/T et streets

thought u said 13.5x you liar!
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com