Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Shaved door handles

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaved door handles
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was trying to run my car at Sonoma on a Wednesday night, but my car has shaved doors. While I realize that this will not officially pass NHRA tech, what are the chances they will overlook it and let me run my bucket?

Thanks for the insight!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All you can do is try. Can you rig some sort of temporary cable up that will stick out of the weather stripping and allow the door to be opened from the outside? Both doors will need to be configured this way.

[ September 14, 2012, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen that type of release before; maybe worth my time to rig up. It is not a drag car, otherwise I wouldn't have shaved the doors. I just want some time slips on the combo. Thanks!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com