Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Bolt On All Motor AED 2012 GT goes 10's: (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bolt On All Motor AED 2012 GT goes 10's:
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Again.... but this time with proof! LOL

-
Car number matching Time slip:
 -
Car in 'Race' Trim fresh from the track:
 -
Under the Hood:
 -
Timeslip on the GT manifold:
 -
Slips sitting on the Stock CAI, 10.97 and Backed Up 10.99 along with the Tower sheet the owner of the track gave me due to the debacle last time I ran 10's and didn't get a timeslip:
 -
Mountain of Stock parts removed/upgraded in order to accomplish this goal:
 -

Hopefully that's enough 'Proof' I ran 10's in a Bolt-On all motor GT with GT intake, Stock CAI, and Stock headers.

-

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats again Shaun! Don't stop there....
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is awesome! I've seen you a few times when I've been at the track and have always been impressed with this car. How much dyno tuning time do you have to dial in your tune?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats.

1.5 60 foot!!!

Pretty little guy takin a pic in the reflection too!!

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goal is 1.4x 60's, but the car is setup for the Road Course so I can't complain.

Best 60 is 1.529 to date (last night)

I have 200 passes and well over 250 dyno runs on the car. All in an effort to dial in the tunes on the new 5.0. The new Fords require more than just dyno tuning. Track tuning is essential as Ford has implemented Torque Management which limits the amount of power available on the street/track, yet allows FULL power on the dyno.

Good news is it does not require every car to be track tuned (one test car is all you need). Once you find/adjust the offending parameters in the tune, it can be applied to everyone while tuning on the chassis dyno.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

kv007
¯
Member # 10561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kv007  Ford pictures for kv007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good job shaun!

--------------------
2003 mustang vortech v1 inter cooled 409rwhp

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Shaun, I was there last time you hit 10s. Great to see you get that timeslip. Car is amazing. Hands down one of the most impressive 10 second cars I have ever seen. Did you ever figure out what was up with that shock/strut that seemed to seized?

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
Congrats Shaun, I was there last time you hit 10s. Great to see you get that timeslip. Car is amazing. Hands down one of the most impressive 10 second cars I have ever seen. Did you ever figure out what was up with that shock/strut that seemed to seized?

Thanks KC!
Ordered a new one, removed the old one and compared compression / rebound of old/new. No difference, so I have a new shock sitting in the garage. LOL

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great job shaun..Congrats on hitting 10s again.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Goal is 1.4x 60's, but the car is setup for the Road Course so I can't complain.

Best 60 is 1.529 to date (last night)

I have 200 passes and well over 250 dyno runs on the car. All in an effort to dial in the tunes on the new 5.0. The new Fords require more than just dyno tuning. Track tuning is essential as Ford has implemented Torque Management which limits the amount of power available on the street/track, yet allows FULL power on the dyno.

Good news is it does not require every car to be track tuned (one test car is all you need). Once you find/adjust the offending parameters in the tune, it can be applied to everyone while tuning on the chassis dyno.

Very interesting info and Congrats on the New tack times !
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats brotha [worship] [worship] [worship]

BTW love the detailed pics an info just letting all the others with slow coyote's kno what's up!!!! Hahahah,again badass Shaun!!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOOD SHIT SHAUN!

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol, congrats brotha!!! I dont know if it is enough proof for all your fans on the other forums, lol [Wink]

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Video or it didn't happen [Big Grin]
Congrats!

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You the man! Congrat's!

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congratulations! Easy stuff, right? [Wink]

Thanks again for your great work on my pile of bolts.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Shaun.

This gives me some motivation to run 10s NA in my bucket.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must be because of that Light ass driver lol.. jk

nice job shaun!

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great pics Brandon! [Eek!]
Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
 -

Good Shit Shaun...great to see all the testing needed to provide the best possible tune for your customers of these new 5.0s. Also, great to see what these things are actually capable..

Lastly, does anyone else notice Shaun is really stretching to look over the steering wheel? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shaun stands ten feet tall in my opinion for the awesome job he did on my tune!

Now get in the nines already!

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Nice pics! (aside from the retard behind the wheel) LOL

Thanks Brandon!

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow thats dope. What suspension mods do you have?

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com