Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 13.7 at sac raceway last nite (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 13.7 at sac raceway last nite
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys i starting to believe i need to change my cam and heads to trick flow 170s and hitech cam! I managed a 1.9 60' last nite after a good long burn out on 26" slicks. my car is flimy without any subframes and such. what to do ditch the eddy performers and trickflow stage 2 cam or add frame stiffeners and panhard bar then go to motor stuff?

[ August 02, 2012, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good nite could hot lapped every run up till the start of competition

--------------------
2004 tahoe

96stang4.6
¯
Member # 9970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96stang4.6  Ford pictures for 96stang4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for a 306 the stage 2 should be too big of a cam people with PNP gt40s trickflow stage 1 cam and a ported intake with gears run 12s
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have gears in your car?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

3.55 launched at 3k and 4k it bogged down hard then took off every time. its on A9L bbk short ram, 75mm c&l,TB 73mm, eddy performer 2 intake with spacer(thinking of taking that out), gasket matched runners and ported heads intake and exhaust 2.02 1.96 ( i dont think they help valve shrouded more).....

[ August 02, 2012, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by 96stang4.6:
for a 306 the stage 2 should be too big of a cam people with PNP gt40s trickflow stage 1 cam and a ported intake with gears run 12s

yeah im getting the picture my setup is mis matched some where cuz i should be running faster....please advise guys id love to crack the 12s

--------------------
2004 tahoe

96stang4.6
¯
Member # 9970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96stang4.6  Ford pictures for 96stang4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
port or gasket match the heads

--------------------
93 chp
88 t top mustang gt
87 coupe IRS swapped
12 mustang gt/cs

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by 96stang4.6:
port or gasket match the heads

They are ^ idk what stage but they are ported

--------------------
2004 tahoe

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hitech cam and holley intake, longtubes will be a monster

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

i hear u turbo50 loud n clear.....i hope that used hitech cam is still on the fordsale section.....easier than switching heads.....install it straight up?

--------------------
2004 tahoe

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
more gear!!! if you stick with a 26" tire go 3:73's
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running the same heads rpm intake and a b-cam it ran a best of 12.5 at 110 think that cam is hurting you a lot..

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

yeahs it so touchy like, on/off in a very narrow rpm range im going to change the cam first and run it hopefully i can get my subfrMes welded in and torque boxes welded up before the end of the season and ill take her out again.. the cam swap should be easy eddy heads have the notches to remove the lifters without removing the heads....its just a timing cover and waterpump gasket change away from 12s?!?! i hope.....

[ August 03, 2012, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
yeahs it so touchy like, on/off in a very narrow rpm range im going to change the cam first and run it hopefully i can get my subfrMes welded in and torque boxes welded up before the end of the season and ill take her out again.. the cam swap should be easy eddy heads have the notches to remove the lifters without removing the heads....its just a timing cover and waterpump gasket change away from 12s?!?! i hope.....

what intake is on it in case I missed it?

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Edelbrock performer RPM 2 efi with 1" spacer...from what i see online systemax is better but changing from eddy to holley might not be worth it...?

[ August 03, 2012, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah something is way off on your car. What's your mph? With a ecam rp2 and gears my old car ran mid 13's stock heads and suspension. I bet it's the gearing. That stage two cam seen it on hci 302's running 12's all day.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:

Edelbrock performer RPM 2 efi with 1" spacer...from what i see online systemax is better but changing from eddy to holley might not be worth it...?
Car should rip maybe ur clutch is slipping and id still put a hi tech cam in it no matter what.

--------------------

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

its a cobra clutch with a light weight flywheel....steel but has hella holes in it i think something like 13 or 17lbs cant remember i did notice my tremec 3550 got really hard to shift after 3-4 runs i hope i does no have to be rebuilt i replace the syncros already 3yrs ago...hope a oil change will fix that

[ August 04, 2012, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
2004 tahoe

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Either something is wrong with your motor or, no disrespect but you aren't driving it right? My 91 coupe with a stock 100k+ mile 302 has edelbrock performer RPM heads (2.02/1.60), shitty E-cam, RPMII manifold, long tubes, all the typical bolt ons, 3.73's, slicks, & skinnies, & I was able to pull off a 12.31 @110. My driving isn't the best either, my T5 was pretty F'd up at the time with only 4 working gears, & my 60ft was only a 1.8 too BTW...

Your car has more in it, it should easily be in the 12's with that setup. U don't have to add anything else to it to hit 12's.

[ August 04, 2012, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dibbs on the intake if u decide to sell it
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
Either something is wrong with your motor or, no disrespect but you aren't driving it right? My 91 coupe with a stock 100k+ mile 302 has edelbrock performer RPM heads (2.02/1.60), shitty E-cam, RPMII manifold, long tubes, all the typical bolt ons, 3.73's, slicks, & skinnies, & I was able to pull off a 12.31 @110. My driving isn't the best either, my T5 was pretty F'd up at the time with only 4 working gears, & my 60ft was only a 1.8 too BTW...

Your car has more in it, it should easily be in the 12's with that setup. U don't have to add anything else to it to hit 12's.

+1000000 let me drive it B lol,I'll get the bitch in the 12s [burnout]

But in all reality,u have all the tools to go 12s,should be in the 12s EASY even with that cam! Drive it like u stole it bro,6k launch,the slicks WILL hold,and power shift your ass off,should haave NO problems getting that notch in the 12s man..lmk if u need any help! Good luck!

[ August 04, 2012, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:

+1000000 let me drive it B lol,I'll get the bitch in the 12s [burnout]

But in all reality,u have all the tools to go 12s,should be in the 12s EASY even with that cam! Drive it like u stole it bro,6k launch,the slicks WILL hold,and power shift your ass off,should haave NO problems getting that notch in the 12s man..lmk if u need any help! Good luck!

Man i only been to the track twice with this car but i got u i remember u told me a long time ago what to do with injectors and shit back in elk grove....and the smog tip on having all smog equipment mind u i running 13s with everything...ac ps smog pump

--------------------
2004 tahoe

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Run a short belt also to bypass some of those extra pulleys , and what's the car weigh?

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Run a short belt also to bypass some of those extra pulleys , and what's the car weigh?

IDK ran 1/2 tank gas its all there lx with manuel windows

--------------------
2004 tahoe

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would do 2 things. More gear, and drop kick that cam. Then I would go for suspension. I have been 12.6 with a stock long block, tfs heads, bolt ons, and a eddie pefromer 5.0 intake. Cutting high 1.6x on drag radials. I always go for suspension first, then more power. Don't matter how much power you make, if you can't put it down. [patriot] Also Drop the clutch off the rev limiter. It will hold it. I did it all the time in my coupe, with the same clutch.

[ August 12, 2012, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com