Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Daily Driver On Slicks! Video Added from Sac Raceway Updated 6-16-12 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Daily Driver On Slicks! Video Added from Sac Raceway Updated 6-16-12
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to some of the other guys that were at the track about their 60' times and pretty much no one was able to dead hook. One of my buddies in his SRT was getting 2.1 60' times on slicks, there was a guy in a primered black lx hatch only getting 1.9 60' times on M/T ET Streets, the BMW 335i guys were on hoosiers and they were also only getting 1.9 60' times, so I guess I was right there with them with my 2.06 60' times etc. I felt how much more sticky the M/T ET Streets were than my slicks. M/T's were quite a bit stickier.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update:

Went to the track on 6-13-12.

Best 60' time of 2.03 on these circle track slicks at Sac Raceway. No track prep of course. But I found out the big limiting factor with my setup. I am in need of a rear axle rebuild. My GF went with me and she shot video from the seating behind the starting line. I noticed that it took a couple seconds during my burnout for my driver side tire to start spinning. With new clutches in the rear axle I should be able to pull some 1.8/1.9 second 60' times out of these slicks no problem

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com