Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » March 3rd TNT - who's coming?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: March 3rd TNT - who's coming?
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm coming out to test out some new calvert shocks and some lower slick pressures.

hopefully this time my uncoordinated BUTT, can let go of the launch rpm rev limiter button on my shifter when i launch out the starting line. not to mention its wired together with my line lock so even my front brakes was holding me back some.

hoping to improve my slumpish 1.7 short track down to a low 1.6 short track.

Posts: 121 | From: Yuba City Cali | Registered: Jun 2011  |  :
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olie Malit  Ford pictures for Olie Malit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are a bunch of guys from Norcal SVTOA that will be out at the track on Saturday. Should be a good showing of Mustangs. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xoliex:
not to mention its wired together with my line lock so even my front brakes was holding me back some.

So you have your line lock wired into your 2 step? Interesting. [Confused]

--------------------
AED

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew, I think he has the 2 step and line lock activated off the same button. I ran my car thike this for some time before a class rule change to no longer allow it.

Hope to make it out Saturday, but it all depends on how much I can get done this week on the car.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck I wish my trans would get here, enjoy!!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:

What trans did you go with? What's the hold up?

--------------------
AED

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Drew, I think he has the 2 step and line lock activated off the same button. I ran my car thike this for some time before a class rule change to no longer allow it.

Hope to make it out Saturday, but it all depends on how much I can get done this week on the car.

yes i have it wired like this because its easy. i will need to do some research on how to put the two step off of the clutch.

why would it not be allowed to run it like this in a class?

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
olie,

Just the joys of running an NHRA class. Some folks were crying and thought it was an unfair advantage for the stick cars. [Confused] It doesn't end there. Leave yours alone. It's simple and it works fine. Just more shit to fail adding clutch/shifter activated switches.

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
olie,

Just the joys of running an NHRA class. Some folks were crying and thought it was an unfair advantage for the stick cars. [Confused] It doesn't end there. Leave yours alone. It's simple and it works fine. Just more shit to fail adding clutch/shifter activated switches.

so is this going to apply when i want to get a competition license for the E.T. class? sportsman?

might get a steering wheel down the road that has two buttons on them if need to be so i can burnout at any rpm i want to instead of being limited to my two step rpm.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

No, just Stock/SuperStock specific.

You could try a 3 step.

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:

What trans did you go with? What's the hold up?
Went with a C4, but the SFI bells have been on back ordr from JW for 2 months. But I just found out the trans will be here Tuesday!!!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

well i got my seat brackets in this morning and i mount up the seat and the seat sits up too high. i have to recline the seat so my head with no helmet doesnt touch the head liner. i put on my helmet and now i have to lean back even further.

i might be using the pass seat tomorrow instead now.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

I have a few things to finish up this morning, get everything loaded, and I will be there!
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Just hooked up the truck to the trailer. Car is loaded and ready to rock and roll. See you guys there! [burnout]

--------------------
AED

88coupe
¯
Member # 7719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88coupe  Ford pictures for 88coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a good amount of cars out there ? Thinking about coming out
Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

was a ton of shelby stangs out there. absolutely beautiful cars. i got spank past the 1/8th mile by a cobra.

the new seats i got from summit sat too high and and i had to put my passenger OEM seats in there.

i improved almost .2 seconds on just shock swapping. on some of my runs i even pulled the front tire off the ground. my poor motor haves to pull down almost 4k worth of weight =(!!!

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a great showing of cars this Sat.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Olie Malit
¯
Member # 11008

great showing in deed!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com