Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Wednesday Night fun drags starting !!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wednesday Night fun drags starting !!!!!!!!!
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and if my track cant hold a 1.6 short time there is something way fucking wrong
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
and if my track cant hold a 1.6 short time there is something way fucking wrong

lol.... I was thinking the same thing Brandonn!!!

My low 300HP car pulls 1.55-1.58 short times launching at 6800 on a 9" slick at Sac. Keep up the great work Brandonn!!!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks man. comments like his i take personal i have a lot of work in that place. a lot of my own time
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sac Is My Raceway Of Choice!!! [patriot]
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
fastivab6tg25mr
¯
Member # 11446

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastivab6tg25mr  Ford pictures for fastivab6tg25mr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^x2

infineon is way worse... i wasted hella gas and time driving out there cause everyone said it had way better track prep. i was getting .2-.4 slower 60's not to mention its $10 more and once youre eliminated you cant race any more. no fun run lanes.

if you cant hook at sac its cause youre a shitty driver...any retard can mash the gas... try a little throttle control

[ February 11, 2012, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: fastivab6tg25mr ]

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastivab6tg25mr:
^^^^x2

infineon is way worse... i wasted hella gas and time driving out there cause everyone said it had way better track prep. i was getting .2-.4 slower 60's not to mention its $10 more and once youre eliminated you cant race any more. no fun run lanes.

if you cant hook at sac its cause youre a shitty driver...any retard can mash the gas... try a little throttle control

hey retard u don't know shit about racing ! That's what racing is mash the gas and when the track is working the car runs the number . Come on out to my track and line up with me and I'll send your ass home first round !

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93 hatch:
quote:
^^^^x2

hey retard u don't know shit about racing ! That's what racing is mash the gas and when the track is working the car runs the number . Come on out to my track and line up with me and I'll send your ass home first round !
i have never been to a track where all you have to do is smash on the gas. Im not saying that its not possible, ive just never been to a track that has allowed me THAT kind of traction. Ive been to both infineon and sac. Infineon LOOKS nicer but traction wasnt any better on the days ive gone.
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

quote:
quote:
^^^^x2

Dude if you have a trans brake car and are letting it go at 5k and are only cuttin high 1.6 short times, somthing aint right. Today for example i had 3 cars there with 275 drag radials all stick shift cars, all better than 1.600 short times and the hook every pass.
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
quote:
quote:
^^^^x2

Dude if you have a trans brake car and are letting it go at 5k and are only cuttin high 1.6 short times, somthing aint right. Today for example i had 3 cars there with 275 drag radials all stick shift cars, all better than 1.600 short times and the hook every pass.
I pull low 1.4 60' times at sac and run in the 9's. I have yet to spin my tires on that track. It hooks! On Tnt nights anyway. Cant say for Wednesdays
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess u must have use VHT today . What do u prep the track with on wens. Soda pop . If that track is so great why are the going to spend the cash to change it

[ February 11, 2012, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: 93 hatch ]

--------------------

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

quote:
I guess u must have use VHT today . What do u prep the track with on wens. Soda pop . If that track is so great why are the going to spend the cash to change it

To Make It Even That Much Better DUH! haha
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
93 Hatch, Open up your wallet, and let the moths out!

Try your luck on a Sac T&T day, or enjoy your time at Infineon.

As Brandonn stated earlier, a $50 T&T & bigger events get more prep that your typical $15 Wed night.

You seem to be the only one who can't make a car hook at Sac.

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Hey it's all good . I have tons of track time with boost pulling low1.5 60s and now I just run N/A now becouse it much more fun to bracket race . I do hold spot 13 on this board with 275 x 40x17 DR but that's not from sac raceway

[ February 13, 2012, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: 93 hatch ]

--------------------

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

quote:
Hey it's all good . I have tons of track time with boost pulling low1.5 60s and now I just run N/A now becouse it much more fun to bracket race . I do hole spot 14 on this board with 275 x 40x17 DR but that's not from sac raceway

Ah I Remember Who This Is. Met You At Infineon One Time Haha Had The Blower Disconnected. I Showed Ya Some Pics Of My Car. Sac's Not Bad Man
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

quote:
Hey it's all good . I have tons of track time with boost pulling low1.5 60s and now I just run N/A now becouse it much more fun to bracket race . I do hole spot 14 on this board with 275 x 40x17 DR but that's not from sac raceway

No i jsut use about 3 gallons of glue and usually only prep out about 70 feet, usually the traction has less how much glue i use as it does with how much rubber in on the track, to much and it peels, to little and you get bald spots and its the same as launching in a parking lot.
fastivab6tg25mr
¯
Member # 11446

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastivab6tg25mr  Ford pictures for fastivab6tg25mr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol... i love stirring the pot... and what is your track of choice sir?

and you have alot of stuff done to your car to only run 125mph in the 1/4... my buddies 1.8 miata ran 12.0's at 127 on street tires at about a 45* angle... and i dont think he ever got better than 2.2 60'

[ February 13, 2012, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: fastivab6tg25mr ]

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

quote:
lol... i love stirring the pot... and what is your track of choice sir?

and you have alot of stuff done to your car to only run 125mph in the 1/4... my buddies 1.8 miata ran 12.0's at 127 on street tires at about a 45* angle... and i dont think he ever got better than 2.2 60'

He likes Infineon
93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Yes i do . your buddys car don't weight 3720 with driver now dose it . the 1.64 to 1.66 is foot brake . On the trans brake it pulls the tires and dose 1.62 to 1.6 60s . that's making 380 hp at the wheels and et's 11.93 at 113

--------------------

fastivab6tg25mr
¯
Member # 11446

only 380 wph... thats pretty weak...
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brandon's quote, "...the ford vs chevy thing the track went away super fast form the hondas..."

What the hell are Honda's doing on the track during a Ford vs Chevy event? I am hoping to make it out there for that one this year but not if the track prep is no good and there are Honda's racing!

Is the turnout too small on the Ford vs Chevy day to pay for the full track prep?

Are there going to be non-Ford or Chevys on the track this year?

[ February 13, 2012, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: need-a-cage ]

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

quote:
Yes i do . your buddys car don't weight 3720 with driver now dose it . the 1.64 to 1.66 is foot brake . On the trans brake it pulls the tires and dose 1.62 to 1.6 60s . that's making 380 hp at the wheels and et's 11.93 at 113

woooowwwwwwwwwwwww that is MOVING TO 60 FOOT !!!!!!

if you are only picking up 3 hun in the short time with a t-brake something isnt right, my old car made 362hp hp was a stick shift car and weighed 3690 with out me and i have a over a 100 time slips with bottom 1.60-1.55 short times on Wednesdays. not tryin to dog your car thats good hp for a na car. but i am tryin to say that there is no reason in the world your car should at least cut high 1.6's on a wednesday night at any weight

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Yep I think the 60s should be Better but the stall in the car is way to big for the setup . It's a 4200 but it will trans brake up to 5200 N/A . That's one ofthe things I need to change just haven't had the time to pull it and send it in . I don't know what it is about sac raceway but my car just don't like it . I shit u not the last time I was at infineon I ran 11 passes and the split on the et was from a 12.008 to 12.037 and I ran 4 12.037 . The car is so consistent if the 60s are there .

--------------------

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 79' Notch...351w,12:1,600+ lift cam,world iron heads,vic jr intake,demon 750,longtubes,5spd,stock 8.8 w/3:73s,stock axles,and a welded diff lol, I had 75+ Mid 11 second passes @ 116-120mph and EVERY hit was a 6500 msd limiter slide the foot off the clutch and hold on balls out pass and 1.56-1.61 60' were clockwork...90% of my passes were on wed nights,NEVER had issues hookin!! I think u need to look into some better rubber or shocks or something,your cars fuckn nasty,gotta have that thing hookin asap!!

[patriot]

Brandonn-Keep up the great work bro,no matter who throws a fit,I and the boys and anyone else that knows you knows u put every bit of 110 in that track and u do a DAMN good job,your a rare breed brotha,keep up the great work,u deserve the credit hands down [worship]

[ February 18, 2012, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqraV35JEq4&list=UUTAAy-bN6-UJu3BCRZOpq4w&index=5&feature=plcp

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com