Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout 2006 (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout 2006
StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:
Mark I must say that your car is one of my favorite Fords on this site. Is there a reason why you don't use nitrous yet? You could easily be looking at mid 10s with a lil juice. Or do you just run pump gas and not interested in race gas?

Hey dammit I'm talking to you. Answer me!
Why would he do that? He already has enough power to split the block. With the cooler air of the winter coming up and if he can get his 60ft down just a hair he will see 10.9's easily. Plus he just stated that he wants 10's with his current weight and power, come on Cummins READ , I guess thats one part of your english classes you did not excel in [Wink]

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by streakmatt:
quote:
quote:
Mark I must say that your car is one of my favorite Fords on this site. Is there a reason why you don't use nitrous yet? You could easily be looking at mid 10s with a lil juice. Or do you just run pump gas and not interested in race gas?

Why would he do that? He already has enough power to split the block. With the cooler air of the winter coming up and if he can get his 60ft down just a hair he will see 10.9's easily. Plus he just stated that he wants 10's with his current weight and power, come on Cummins READ , I guess thats one part of your english classes you did not excel in [Wink]
Hey DumbBell maybe you need a lesson in English. You know I'm a busdriver by trade so I can certainly stop by your parents mobile home, pick you up and take your chump ass to school. No problem at all! Reread what I wrote. I was asking for reasons why. I'm looking for reasoning or rationale and an explanation. You dummy! I don't want to hear any "My car would have did this or would have ran that if this if that blah blah blah." Maybe you would like a drag racing correction factor to take into account all the "would be's?" LMAO a correction factor! Now that's a good one!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Yeah I was considering adding a 35-50 shot to cool down My boost but I since I have this methanol kit already on the car I am going to have to find someone who can give Me a good tune with a little race gas in the tank. The tune I have now has held 20 degrees initial timing so I need to have alot More timing added into the tune to take advantage of the methanol. I think with what I am going to do to the car I can get it into the mid 10's. When this engine goes I am going to step up to an aftermarket block and stroke it and see what that does for Me [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SmokinLX:
[/] I thought You had Your new setup ready to go? I am going to the first test and tune in october on friday the 6th and I am hoping to get some cool wheather. [/][QUOTE]

The car is almost done but i've run into a couple small annoying thing like a vac leak at the pcv (see thread in gen sec)

And just need to finalize the tune and then back to a Dynojet.

I still have a few parts 3.0" pulley, IRS brace, and SC's to weld in ....but i may have to fly back to the PI for my grand-mother's funeral.

She's on a ventilator and is clinically brain-dead so we are just waiting.

I probably won't be out until beg. of Oct [Frown]

[ September 21, 2006, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRIXSNK:
[/] I thought You had Your new setup ready to go? I am going to the first test and tune in october on friday the 6th and I am hoping to get some cool wheather. [/][QUOTE]

The car is almost done but i've run into a couple small annoying thing like a vac leak at the pcv (see thread in gen sec)

I still have a few parts 3.0" pulley, IRS brace, and SC's to weld in ....but i may have to fly back to the PI for my grand-mother's funeral.

Sorry to hear about Your grandma. Damn there is always something that pop's up when Your installing stuff on the car. Did You do the work or is someone else taking care of it? I will be out there on the 6th so I hope thing's go well and You can make it. [patriot]

--------------------

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Sorry to hear about Your grandma. Damn there is always something that pop's up when Your installing stuff on the car. Did You do the work or is someone else taking care of it? I will be out there on the 6th so I hope thing's go well and You can make it. [patriot]
Myself, Sean04, Screamn03(mike), and a buddy Lenny helped out doing the blower swap, bap, clutch, f/w, and input shaft.

I'll be doing the IRS brace and another buddy will weld up the sc's.

Just need to pick up some MT's again and get the tune for the small pulley and it's off to the track [Whoo Whooooo!]

The car has 15* of timing right now just fyi.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:

Myself, Sean04, Screamn03(mike), and a buddy Lenny helped out doing the blower swap, bap, clutch, f/w, and input shaft.

I'll be doing the IRS brace and another buddy will weld up the sc's.

Just need to pick up some MT's again and get the tune for the small pulley and it's off to the track [Whoo Whooooo!]

The car has 15* of timing right now just fyi.

Damn You are taking care of buisness. Can't wait to see You run. Hopefully You will make it out soon. What kind of rwhp #'s are You going to be puttin down with the smaller pulley, like high 500's or 600's [burnout] .

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I was considering adding a 35-50 shot to cool down My boost but I since I have this methanol kit already on the car I am going to have to find someone who can give Me a good tune with a little race gas in the tank. The tune I have now has held 20 degrees initial timing so I need to have alot More timing added into the tune to take advantage of the methanol. I think with what I am going to do to the car I can get it into the mid 10's. When this engine goes I am going to step up to an aftermarket block and stroke it and see what that does for Me [Big Grin] .
Cool deal. Meth is good stuff. How much hp can your block take?

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Somewhere around 600 FWHP. Some take a little more for a little while. My block has about 11,000 miles and is a 306 completely stock with forged piston's. It was on another board member's car before mine and held 600rwhp and 700rwtq, Basically a ticking timebomb at those level's.

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Somewhere around 600 FWHP. Some take a little more for a little while. My block has about 11,000 miles and is a 306 completely stock with forged piston's. It was on another board member's car before mine and held 600rwhp and 700rwtq, Basically a ticking timebomb at those level's.
oh ok. Then I wonder why that dork DoorMatt said that you already have enough power to split the block in half. If I remember correctly you're around 400 rwhp right? Seems like you have plenty of room for a lil nitrous. Sometimes I lauch off it, sometimes I bring it on in the middle of 1st gear, sometimes 2nd. Its just fun to play around with and it will definitely help your 60s provided you can hook. Gives me the FnF feeling every time I hit the button. HOOOLLDDD OOONNNNNNN!!!!!!

--------------------

StreakMatt
¯
Member # 6257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreakMatt  Ford pictures for StreakMatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh ok. Then I wonder why that dork DoorMatt said that you already have enough power to split the block in half. If I remember correctly you're around 400 rwhp right? Seems like you have plenty of room for a lil nitrous. Sometimes I lauch off it, sometimes I bring it on in the middle of 1st gear, sometimes 2nd. Its just fun to play around with and it will definitely help your 60s provided you can hook. Gives me the FnF feeling every time I hit the button. HOOOLLDDD OOONNNNNNN!!!!!!
Hey CumInYourEye, you don't know shit about Mustangs so go back to your Dual power adder POS supra that runs 13's. A factory block can split with 450 or more RWHP. Marks auto is soaking some of his power, and his last dyno #'s were not accurate because he was running like 114 mph traps after being dynotuned. Then we helped him adjust a few things at the track and improved his traps to 121 MPH, so i'd say thats more that 400 rwhp. I've heard of blocks splitting with 425 rwhp and some withstanding 550 for a little while. Basically we are both pushing it to the edge.

--------------------
Custom Blue '88 GT: Garage Built= MM&FF January 2012 Cover and Feature. Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Black '03 Cobra: 2.9 Whipple Tuned by Bob Kurgan

Posts: 1198 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey CumInYourEye, you don't know shit about Mustangs so go back to your Dual power adder POS supra that runs 13's. A factory block can split with 450 or more RWHP. Marks auto is soaking some of his power, and his last dyno #'s were not accurate because he was running like 114 mph traps after being dynotuned. Then we helped him adjust a few things at the track and improved his traps to 121 MPH, so i'd say thats more that 400 rwhp. I've heard of blocks splitting with 425 rwhp and some withstanding 550 for a little while. Basically we are both pushing it to the edge.
My best trap speed is 122.997 and according to this horsepower calculator I am mkaing 550+ at the flywheel. http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm which put's Me rite in the block cracking range.
[Razz]

I entered My weight as 3250 and trap speed of 122.997.

[ September 22, 2006, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I talked to Mark via pm and he explained the block, its weakness and what his plans regarding his current situation. That's all I was asking for. And I have no idea where you are getting that I run 13's. I've already ran good times you've seen my timeslips. You asked for them and I delivered to you. And ones with my name on them too!

[ September 24, 2006, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com