Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Norcal Shootout 2006 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Norcal Shootout 2006
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im just hoping to have my car running that day after fridays tnt so it makes no difference to me, but it sucks for some and is good for others

it's good for me and bad for john

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
Im just hoping to have my car running that day after fridays tnt so it makes no difference to me, but it sucks for some and is good for others

Have fun.

EDIT: Why would I allow myself with a full bodied, full interior, factory front seats, factory style suspension and 331 cubic inch small block with a medium size blower in a 3400 lb car to potentially run against things like a 3000 lb, 751 cu in nitrous car with W slicks? Or perhaps a 450 cube big block with a 101 mm turbo? Like I said, enjoy the event! Might I add, rediculous rules this year.

PSCA Outlaw rules:

Class Description
BODY:
Steel, aluminum, fiberglass and carbon fiber body parts are allowed as long as the car retains it's original appearance and profile. Full Fiberglass bodies are allowed (See add weight section) but must be to exact specs of an OEM body of the same year, make & model. Wheel well openings can be modified for tire clearance. No drastic molding-in of wings. Rear wings are allowed, but may not extend more than 28 inches from the transition point with the body to the tip. The drivers and passenger doors must be fully operational and must open from the outside. Fake or airbrushed grills are allowed as long as it looks original, but the car still must have 2 driving lights facing forward in the front end of the vehicle..
*PSCA reserves the right to add weight penalties for body modification deemed not within the body rule.

WHEELBASE:
Car must be within (4) four inches +/- of factory specifications for make & model entered.

FIREWALL:
Moving stock firewall rearward for engine installation permitted. Each car in competition must be equipped with a minimum of .024-inch steel or .032-inch aluminum firewall, extending from side to side of the body and from the top of the engine compartments upper seal (hood, cowl, or deck) to the bottom of the floor and / or belly pan.

HOOD / SCOOPS:
Scoop or cowl may not exceed more than 12 inches at the highest point of the air inlet opening above the height of the original hood surface.
Supercharged and turbocharged entries may have their induction and engine components
protruding out of an opening in the hood / scoop with NHRA approved-shields.

WINDOWS:
Must be of safety glass, Plexiglas, Lexan, or other shatter-proof materials, minimum 1/8th inch thick.

BRACKET RACING AIDS:
The use of bracket racing aids such as optical sensors, delay boxes, stutter boxes, and throttle
stops are not allowed.

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION:
Any chassis and suspension combination that passes NHRA safety standards is allowed.

TRANSMISSION:
Any transmission is allowed. Automatic transmissions may use a trans-brake and air or electric shifters. (Manual trans please see weight breaks)

ENGINE
BLOCK:
After market blocks are permitted.

DISPLACEMENT LIMITS:
(See weight section for breakdown).

ENGINE MOUNT LOCATION:
The maximum allowable engine setback from the center line of the number-one spark-plug hole to the center line of the front spindle is 8 inches, except in those vehicles in which the engine was factory installed at a distance greater then 8 inches behind the spindle. In such cases, the engine set back may be no further back than the original location.

EXHAUST:
Mufflers are required. Modification or removal of muffler internals is prohibited (no gutting). Collector Muffler are permitted.

FUEL / FUEL SYSTEMS:
The PSCA reserves the right to check fuel at any time. Gasoline or alcohol are the only two acceptable fuels. Mechanical and electric fuel pumps, fuel cells, pressure regulators, and any line size are allowed. No fuel additives are allowed.

HEADS:
Any two-valve cylinder heads are allowed.

IGNITION:
Entries may utilize only 1 Distributor or Mag..

ON BOARD DIAGNOSTICS / DATA RECORDERS:
On board diagnostic computers and recorders are permitted. Memory and playback tachometers are allowed.

INDUCTION
NITROUS OXIDE:
All nitrous systems are allowed. Nitrous oxide commercially available, thermostatically controlled blanket-type warmer accepted. Any other external heating of bottle(s) prohibited. The use of any agents other than nitrous oxide as part of, or mixed with, this pressurized fuel system is prohibited. Nitrous oxide may not be used in conjunction with supercharger(s) or turbocharger(s). If entry is teched in at a non-nitrous weight break, all nitrous oxide lines, fittings, solenoids, and bottles must be removed before car is allowed to pass tech.

SUPERCHARGER / TURBOCHARGER:
Single or dual turbocharger allowed (See weight Adds)
MAX TURBO SIZES: 101mm maximum single on Big Blocks. 105.000 max single on Small Blocks (see weight section) 88.000mm max ea for twins on small blocks only. Turbo is measured on the inlet compressor wheel diameter (tip-to-tip) at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing and also inside diameter of the inlet.
Centrifugal blowers are limited to single only. Intercoolers are allowed. Roots-type limited to single supercharger. Roots-type size limited to 14-71; 19 inches maximum case length, 11 1/4-inch case width, rotor cavity diameter 5.840 inches maximum, variable multi-speed supercharger devices prohibited. NO SCREW-TYPE SUPERCHARGERS. Supercharger restraint systems required on Roots-type units.
Nitrous oxide not allowed in combination with supercharger or turbocharger.

STREET LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
Car must appear to look street-able. Brake lights, turn signals not required to operate.

TIRES:
Front tires must have a minimum tread width of 4.5 inches. Front tires do not have to be DOT
approved. Rear tire size Mickey Thompson's 29, 31 or 33 x 10.5w Slicks

WEIGHT BREAKS:
Weight breaks are determined by engine combinations and power adders.

OUTLAW STREET WEIGHT GUIDE
(All weights are race-ready, car with driver)

Minimum Weight Requirements:
2200 lbs.- 4cyl w/ turbo or nitrous
2300 lbs.- 6cyl w/ nitrous
2500 lbs.- 6cyl w/ turbo
Small Blocks:
2150 lbs.- Small Blocks Naturally Aspirated
2500 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Nitrous
2800 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Roots or Centrifugal SuperCharger
2900 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Single Turbo up to 101.000mm
3000 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Single Turbo from 101.001mm - 105.00Max
3050 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Twin (up to 80.000mm) Turbos
3150 lbs.- Small Blocks w/ Twin (80.001 - 88.000mm) Turbos
Big Blocks:
2350 lbs.- Big Blocks Naturally Aspirated up to 650ci
2450 lbs.- Big Blocks Naturally Aspirated 651ci - 700ci
2500 lbs.- Big Blocks Naturally Aspirated 701ci - 750ci
2600 lbs.- Big Blocks Naturally Aspirated 751ci & up
2800 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Nitrous up to 650ci
2850 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Nitrous 651ci - 700ci
2900 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Nitrous 701ci - 750ci
3000 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Nitrous 751ci & up
3000 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Roots or Centrifugal SuperCharger
3000 lbs.- Big Blocks w/ Single Turbo up to 101.000 (450ci MAX) Revised Jan 16th, 2006
Add:
50 lbs. For complete fiberglass body (must be to exact specs of an OEM factory body)
200 lbs. For any clutch assisted manual transmission
Deduct:
100 lbs. For back half car
100 lbs. For turbo entries with no intercooler
50 lbs. With single carburetor (Nitrous & NA Combo's Only)

[ September 06, 2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah if i was in your position I dont think I would race as atleast I might have a hcance to get passed the first round

you are gonna get matched againsty the baddest shit people can put together in your "street" car

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:

Have fun.

EDIT: Why would I allow myself with a full bodied, full interior, factory front seats, factory style suspension and 331 cubic inch small block with a medium size blower in a 3400 lb car to potentially run against things like a 3000 lb, 751 cu in nitrous car with W slicks? Or perhaps a 450 cube big block with a 101 mm turbo? Like I said, enjoy the event! Might I add, rediculous rules this year.

Ok, so help me make then NOT rediculous... I don't know much about actual classes. I'm trying to put together an event that is basically STREET cars that are also raced. There are plenty of people with RACE cars that are also driven on the street as well. I've been trying to come up with rules that compromise all these situations and at least ONE person is always bothered by it. So, should we make a rule about aftermarket blocks are ok, as long as they are limited to stock CID? And just take the owners word as to their actual CID? Or limit it to basic stroker size? Not 751 CI? How many people around here are going to come out with a nitrous enhanced 751CI engine to compete for a trophy? Wouldn't they only unload off the trailer for cash money?

Work with me here to make the rules as fair as possible for EVERYONE.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
'96 Camaro Z-28 (Artic White) hardtop 6-spd
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC
'02 Corvette Z06 (Quicksilver)
11.88 @ 121.6mph 1.97 60ft

Posts: 113 | From: Lincoln, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to know if there going to be any track prep because it has been bad the last two weeks.They tried to reseal the surface with some new stuff and had to wash it all off.It was bubbling up in 90 degree plus and they haven't prepped since.

[ September 07, 2006, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WHYT LIE  Ford pictures for WHYT LIE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:
I want to know if there going to be any track prep because it has been the last two weeks.They tried to reseal the surface with some new stuff and had to wash it all off.It was bubbling up in 90 degree plus and they haven't prepped since.

I have no idea of the condition of the track. We do pay for a full barrel of VHT for each event and we tell them we WANT to see cars breaking, which does happen. In the past, traction was NOT an issue for the majority of vehicles. With this new issue though, I have no idea... We can only hope for good conditions.

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
god damn it why does my wife's birthday have to be on the same day!

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
WHYT LIE
¯
Member # 5925

quote:
Originally posted by Lilghoust:
god damn it why does my wife's birthday have to be on the same day!

Take her for a suprise outing [Smile] Bring moon pies and ginger ale and make it romantic by the smokey burnouts? [Wink]

--------------------
WHYT LIE
10.78 @ 129mph 1.51 60ft

ZO SIC

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a feeling that it will be prepped well..it seems like any type of domestic or fast car stuff they take real good care of us and them...but it seems like when it full imports type shit they jus do basic..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So who is going? I'm heading out there with Eddie510 right now in his bucket. Ill be wearing a black sweatshirt, jeans and glasses(little Mexican looking kid) if you see me ask if its two-gun kid and it might be me. And say hi
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm getting ready to head out there. Hope We have a good turnoutfrom our site like last year [Whoo Whooooo!] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

the track seems to be hooking well las tnight at grudge so it should be good today

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Track hooked good, but I had a dissappointing day and wasn't able to make a full pass because of some maf meter problems.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tom Pimpin the woman! [Whoo Whooooo!]  -

[ September 11, 2006, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my cousins maro.....  -

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

my boy philips cobra  -

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

my boy J, his cobra...  -

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

-

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

my buddy cory's ss  -

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

-

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

-

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

-

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Gm God  -

--------------------

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love those Synergy girls. [Wink]

I ran crap times and dont like my new combo but I know what the problem is and already ordered parts to fix it. [Smile]

I won the truck bracket which was fun. There were some pretty quick diesels out!

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
There were some pretty quick diesels out!

You Think????? I mean Shit that one Lifted Crew Cab looked like his front Wheels where gona rip right off!! [burnout]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com