Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Looking for a vid from Sac 12/18

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a vid from Sac 12/18
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone happen to get any footage of a black WS6 leaving the line hard then getting sideways and slip slidding around at about the 330' mark??

I would REALLY like to get ahold of the vid if someone can help me out. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm guessing that was the pass where you were driving that crazy bouncy WS6? [Confused] [Eek!]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, that's the one. [Smile]

I just wanted to see if it was as fun looking as it was feeling. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
Yup, that's the one. [Smile]

I just wanted to see if it was as fun looking as it was feeling. [Smile]

if u where tha one drivin i give props to ricky..tha car is comeing up... [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Did anyone happen to get any footage of a black WS6 leaving the line hard then getting sideways and slip slidding around at about the 330' mark??

I would REALLY like to get ahold of the vid if someone can help me out. [Smile]

i definetly remember seeing that, and thinking it was gonna catch and hit the wall...good thing you didnt!
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I only drove it once and didn't wanna drive it again. LOL It is totally fun to launch but I wasn't too keep on the suspension setup. I just wanted to see how hard it could lanuch and then show Ricky how to duplicate it. I told him what to do and he went out and made it work. Props to him [Smile]

The car is very quick for the mods done on it IMO. I foresee some better times coming soon.

It's funny because I never got scared when it got out of shape. None of the legs getting tingly or anything. Just kept thinking to myself that I had to keep it out of the wall so I didn't have to pay for a new paint job. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

It's funny because I never got scared when it got out of shape. None of the legs getting tingly or anything. Just kept thinking to myself that I had to keep it out of the wall so I didn't have to pay for a new paint job. [Smile]

I paint job??? What about the whole car???? Thats what I would have been affraid of! Thats why I would never ever drive somebody elses car down the track, unless I could give them cash for everything they put into there car.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

I agree. If i knew I couldn't buy him a replacement car I wouldn't have drove it... That's the only thing that freaked me out, I could have got him one but then I'd be really broke.. [Smile]

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com