Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New Best ET!!! 12/18

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Best ET!!! 12/18
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank God my mis didn't come back...I was able to pull a handful of 12.4s and the best run looked like this:

-

I have stock suspension on the car right now...do you think with Lakewood shocks and struts, subs and LCA I'd be able to break into the 11s?

Tony

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cool Tony, congrats! [Cool]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks John...I'll give you a call when I get the LCAs.

Tony

--------------------

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't read what fixed your miss? Congrats on the new best ET

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats done to your car twisted?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thank you...It was the stupidest thing...It turned out to be only a bad ACT sensor. I found out only after changing all my ignition and fuel stuff.

Cobra5.0Jeep,

It's a 331 with tfs heads and intake, comp cam, 4200 stall and all the other bolt ons.

[ December 18, 2004, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: twstd5o ]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats cool i am looking around for a long block for my GT.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrads on the new best! [patriot]

Glad to hear that your miss is fixed, mine isn't [Frown]

Stock suspension is pretty good on our cars. I don't see you gaining too much with just suspension mods. Where you spinning off the line or what?

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ November 06, 2006, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Drew - I'm gonna see if I could drop at least 1/10th with the suspension mods and then do another tune with race gas and hopefully drop a total of 3/10th. I wasn't spinning at all but I figure I might be able to work the 60' down a little bit more. I only saw you first run and it still looked FAST to me.

Yeah - my car is a pig...and my 240lb fat ass doesn't help much either. I'm going to see if I can drop some weight from the car to speed things up a bit.

[ December 19, 2004, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: twstd5o ]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Tony!
& DAMN glad you got that miss taken care of!
Who knew an ACT would cause that.... [Confused]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Exactly...before changing it, I read that if it is malfuctioning, it could not allow your car from switching be open / closed loop and affect timing and fuel. [Confused]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twstd5o:
Exactly...before changing it, I read that if it is malfuctioning, it could not allow your car from switching be open / closed loop and affect timing and fuel. [Confused]

Drew, Swap out your ACT! [Razz] LOL

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

Drew, Swap out your ACT! [Razz] LOL
HAHA! Thats what I was thinking...lol

--------------------
AED

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

CHeck it out:

"It senses the ambient temperature of the outside air coming into the intake manifold and reports that to the EEC computer. The EEC computer adjusts the A/F mixture accordingly. If you don't seem to have quite the right A/F mixture at part to full throttle (engine surges or runs lean/rich) the ACT may be to blame."

I just cleaned my off and it hasn't missed since...go figure. [Razz]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
CHeck it out:

"It senses the ambient temperature of the outside air coming into the intake manifold and reports that to the EEC computer. The EEC computer adjusts the A/F mixture accordingly. If you don't seem to have quite the right A/F mixture at part to full throttle (engine surges or runs lean/rich) the ACT may be to blame."

I just cleaned my off and it hasn't missed since...go figure. [Razz]

My a/f stays consistant when the problem occurs. Hummm

--------------------
AED

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

So did mine...

Two weeks ago when I was getting the car retuned with bigger injectors the car would miss on every pull at 5000rpms on the dyno and the air/fuel never moved.

--------------------

tn
¯
Member # 5129

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tn  Ford pictures for tn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tony I have some video of your car
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well when you are making 100 less hp because of the miss you dont need as much fuel to make that 100 less hp [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Tn...cool can you post it?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com