Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Infineon Sunday drags

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Infineon Sunday drags
ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Summit ET brackets didn't get rained out, but the upper run out area had water seeping out of seams in the track. So they only ran an eighth mile event. Bummer....

Weather conditions were great! People were getting some of there best eighth mile times ever. Me included.

I finally got the 1.9 60 footer that had been eluding me. My eighth mile time was almost a 10th better than anything I've ever run. So it was a good day for me in spite of the shortened track.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra
3.73's, UD Pullies, Nitto DR's
Best 13.484 / 103.575 / 1.959

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrads on the new best 60ft

You can go here to convert your 1/8 mile times to rough 1/4 miles times, http://www.mustangworks.com/analyzer.html

[patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
mostang
¯
Member # 3352

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostang  Ford pictures for mostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Shred I didn't know you were going.
How was the turn out?
What did they charge for the runs.

--------------------
99 GT ragtop, Flows, True Flow drop in and 3.73's
1985 Caprice Classic Very Tired 305

Posts: 182 | From: Castro Valley, originally Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShredTread  Ford pictures for ShredTread    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turn out was about like the last Summit Event. About the same as a wednesday night, but more higher end cars and bikes.

It cost $40 to race. They were good about telling you it was eighth mile before you paid.

Track was hooking good. They ran some type of flame treatment between some of the rounds that I'm not familiar with.

It was a cold day, someone said the density altitude was -600 ft.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Thanks for the link YellowGT.

I ran a 8.643 / 80.98 / 1.959 in the eighth. The converter you refered guessed 13.48. Which sounds reasonable.

This was my first successful track day with the timing advanced. I tried the SCT flash tuner to bump my timing curve up a bit. It does produce a noticable increase in power throughout the curve. A bit more than I expected since my car isn't modded much. It did run perfect at the track since I mixed in some 100 octane. But overall I think the Flash tune is too much timing for the amount of street use my car sees. I'm going to return it to stock for now.

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

Blackicelsc
¯
Member # 4015

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackicelsc  Ford pictures for Blackicelsc  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the conditions were awesome. Too bad they didnt run the whole 1320. My buddy's car was doing HUGE wheelstands, and running healthy 6.01's -6.05's all day. His 60 fts improved by a whole TENTH!!!(almost unheard of), and that was on old slicks.

Looks like the wheelie bars have to go on when the new slicks go on.

anyway...glad to see a nice turn out. I didnt race my Mark VIII. I was too busy tuning the 6 second car. it may have been a Chevy...but with the wheelstands he was yankin...who cares!
(anyone see it? its the Enderle injected black 70 camaro...if you saw it...you KNOW you saw it)

Posts: 63 | From: Santa Rosa, Ca. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
ShredTread
¯
Member # 4869

Yeh, I saw that Camaro launch once. It was quite impressive. I didn't catch it's times though...

--------------------
1997 Pacific Green Cobra

hawaii5.0
¯
Member # 4675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawaii5.0  Ford pictures for hawaii5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never been to the track before and I am interested in getting some quarter mile times in. My goals are to get some tack experience and also see what my car is running before I do any extensive modifications to it (motor is stock right now). What are some of the details of going to the track? Cost? Regulations? Thanks for the help. [patriot]

--------------------
91LX (sold)
93 cobra #3279

Posts: 757 | From: here and there | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
hawaii5.0
¯
Member # 4675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawaii5.0  Ford pictures for hawaii5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Disregard that, wrong post.

--------------------
91LX (sold)
93 cobra #3279

Posts: 757 | From: here and there | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com