Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ghetto Tune Take 3 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ghetto Tune Take 3
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
drew: does that 123.6 match or beat mike's best mph with what few parts you are still using of the motor [Frown]

but your car probably has 200lbs on his old hatch, but mike has atleast 150lbs on you [Razz]

Mike's best MPH was 124.6 I believe, so he still has me for now. That setup was normally in the 123 range.

The only thing I reused from his 347 was the crank, rods and cam. Everything else was junked.

I pulled this from Mikes Sig
347- 11.38@124.5- 1.72 60ft
424rwhp, 416.1 rwtq

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:
quote:
drew: does that 123.6 match or beat mike's best mph with what few parts you are still using of the motor [Frown]

but your car probably has 200lbs on his old hatch, but mike has atleast 150lbs on you [Razz]

Mike's best MPH was 124.6 I believe, so he still has me for now. That setup was normally in the 123 range.

The only thing I reused from his 347 was the crank, rods and cam. Everything else was junked.

424rwhp, 416.1 rwtq

Thanks Mark, I knew I had him ET wise, just a little more to go for thet MPH though. I could make that a major margin in ET if I threw the slicks on, but I'll save those for later [Smile]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

424rwhp, 416.1 rwtq

Thanks Mark, I knew I had him ET wise, just a little more to go for thet MPH though. I could make that a major margin in ET if I threw the slicks on, but I'll save those for later [Smile]
BAGINA

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
AED

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great job Drew! I can't wait to see it rev up like it was built for. It's already running great times, but we all know it has more in it. I really can't wait to see it run fully dialed. it's gonna blow some minds! [Eek!] [worship]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
424rwhp, 416.1 rwtq

I really wanted to run Mike before he turned that car into project poop and sold it [Frown] but as most stories go, my car wasnt done yet [Mad]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

NA vs NA we can line up when ever you are ready [patriot]

--------------------
AED

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
quote:
424rwhp, 416.1 rwtq

I really wanted to run Mike before he turned that car into project poop and sold it [Frown] but as most stories go, my car wasnt done yet [Mad]
the car is still around fairfield, guy has it as his daily driver [Eek!] , but he didnt want to race the cobra, he was kinda cocky until i told him i ported the heads that were on his motor, and sold mike the nitrous kit [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BTW it does take a little Cash and it takes alot of time and effort to come up with a N/A combo that runs that hard. Comaras car went through a few engines combos and wasted parts to get there. It hasn't been a cake walk for Drew either so don't take away from the effort it takes [Wink] Don't forget about the stuff that gets wasted behind a engine like that either. I run a G-force trans also they don't grow on trees LOL

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damm nice time their drew,

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice time for your 347. Sounds like your engine is running pretty damn strong! Hopefully by spring I can click off some low 11s when I get the air/fuel/tune stuff done. I have the same combo as Mike so I'm hoping for around 420.
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
BTW it does take a little Cash and it takes alot of time and effort to come up with a N/A combo that runs that hard. Comaras car went through a few engines combos and wasted parts to get there. It hasn't been a cake walk for Drew either so don't take away from the effort it takes [Wink] Don't forget about the stuff that gets wasted behind a engine like that either. I run a G-force trans also they don't grow on trees LOL

no kidding, i remember mikes car when it was a cast crank 347 that didnt like being in one piece for very long, or the 100's of spec stage 3's [Razz]

drew has put up with a lot of shit to get where he is with this motor [worship]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
omg nosssssssssssssss omgomgomgomg drew has nos in his car omgomgomgomg

[ November 22, 2004, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: stanger91 ]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Nice time for your 347. Sounds like your engine is running pretty damn strong! Hopefully by spring I can click off some low 11s when I get the air/fuel/tune stuff done. I have the same combo as Mike so I'm hoping for around 420.

Sounds good bro, thats a proven setup. Best of luck to you. We should try and line up when ever you make your way up to Sac [patriot]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

no kidding, i remember mikes car when it was a cast crank 347 that didnt like being in one piece for very long, or the 100's of spec stage 3's [Razz]

drew has put up with a lot of shit to get where he is with this motor [worship]

Thank you to you and Mike for pointing that out. These ET's have been a LONG time coming. My motor doens't even have 1000 miles on it, so I suspect that it will only get faster *crosses fingers* [Wink]

--------------------
AED

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude how can you be that fast without 4 valves??? [Roll Eyes]

congrats man, slicks n skinnies!!!! 10.80's all day!!!!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
dude how can you be that fast without 4 valves??? [Roll Eyes]

congrats man, slicks n skinnies!!!! 10.80's all day!!!!

and nosssssssssss!!!!!!1111111 omgomg

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey whats up fellas, its been a while since ive been on this board. Good numbers drew, car should run real well when its all done!

Hey jeff if i get the kid to fix that tranny on the car I know he will let me run ya with the nitrous, nothing like a 150 shot on a poop motor to help a little. He cant really drive a stick to well and munched up fourth gear on the tremec. Hopefully after i move in to my new house this friday I will be able to get started on a new project, probably old school stang with a dart and some other goodies, but as everyone on this board knows its all about money!!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

wow back from the dead

havent seen the guy with your car in quite a while

is he that bad at shifting that he was able to kill fourth [Eek!]

bring it out, it will give jeff a reason to actually get his car out of the garage and go over 2000rpm [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com