Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New Best ET

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New Best ET
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I put in a 4200 stall a couple weeks back and was able to lower my 60' by 3/10ths.

I'm still having a bad high rpm ignition miss that is really holding me back. I had a handful of 12.6s and the best run went like this:

1.76 60'
12.46 @ 109.8

If I could just get this misfire fixed and shift at around 6200 vs 5800, I think I could get to the low 12s...

Maybe next time.

Tony

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Rob [5LVENOM]
¯
Member # 2282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob [5LVENOM]  Ford pictures for Rob [5LVENOM]    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good runs man, nice to meet you BTW -Rob
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Tony!
I broke early in the day so I didn't stick around to see what everybody ran.
The car was making good power, but I bent/broke a pushrod on the #1 intake. Still got me home without issues. [Wink] (good 'ol 5litre!)
I pulled out the pushrod in 2 pieces. [Eek!]

Sucks that they weren't letting anybody with 'cheater' style tires (DR's & ET Streets) run in the right lane. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice meeting you too Rob...

I was wondering why you left Shaun. I saw you there and the noticed you leaving just a little while later. Well hopefully you can get it fixed and back up and running soon. My wife saw your run and she was telling me about how fast you went. I finally think I have her hooked on going to the track... [Razz]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car seemed to be running strong. On the first run it spun in 1st & 2nd so I backed out of it twice & still managed 125mph. Oh well. I'll have the new pushrods by Tuesday & it'll be running again by the weekend. No permanent damage done.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!!!

How do you like the stall?

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks...

I like it...It was a big improvement over the 3000 stall. Walnut Creek Transmission cracked open the 3000 stall and re stalled it for me. It really kicks in when you hit around 4200 rpms.

--------------------

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great times, looks like its really starting to come along. What tire and gear are you using again???

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thank you...

I'm running 26x10.50-15 et streets and 4.10s. I'm thinking about putting a NX 150 shot on and seeing what will happen...but not until I get the misfire solved.

--------------------

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way to go. Start low on the NX kit. I think you will come to find out that you won't need a 150.

Don

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks...I'll take your advice and go slow.

I'll probably try to get it into the 11s N/A first and then think about the NX Kit.

--------------------

2005GTskip
¯
Member # 4885

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2005GTskip  Ford pictures for 2005GTskip    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice times i saw your car at sac on sat it launched hard i need to get me some of thoes tires u had my car shuld be way faster than a 13.00. [burnout]

--------------------
2005 Gt

Posts: 294 | From: Discovery bay,California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrads on the new best [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Thanks Drew...

Skip - Thanks, get some DRs or ET Streets and you'll definately at least be in the low 12s.

Tony

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com