Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » what do u need to run nitrous at searspoint?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what do u need to run nitrous at searspoint?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do u need to run nitrous at searspoint? do u need a blowdown tube? i have a hatchback so the bottle is in the same compartment i am.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea you need a blowdown tube but if they don't ask to check under the hood you don't have to tell them anything about your setup.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am pretty sure the bottle needs to be safely secured/bolted down too.

the "bottle in a bag" I was told doesn't fly. [Confused]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:

There is a kit that has a gym bag w/ false bottom (cut open). The bottle is SUPPOSED to in the brackets bolted to the floor and the bag placed over it.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
Originally posted by JoeT:

There is a kit that has a gym bag w/ false bottom (cut open). The bottle is SUPPOSED to in the brackets bolted to the floor and the bag placed over it.
compucar [Razz] , what a joke

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Mfracing
¯
Member # 4034

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mfracing  Ford pictures for Mfracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a heater hose clamped to the valve on the bottle and then ran through a whole the floor. the bottle is bracketed to the floor. i pass tec at none nhra events. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
302hp/361tq
12.6e/t@105mph
Amazon Tuning Solutions
Mel and Son's Mufflers
Super Six Motorsports
Mizzi's Automotive
Main Machine

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com